Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furino

Dec 31, 2012
Do you think that Chiesa will re-sign with Florence? Pretty sure his contract ends soon. How will their fans feel if he leaves for free?
He got contract until 2022, so this season Viola results will be crucial . Everything depends of the player, his ambitions and commitment to club project. Personally I wouldn't believe in big things happenings at Fiorentina, they have Beppe Iachini at the wheel :rolleyes2:

I don't think he will leave for free, he is too big bag of money for Viola to just hand him away.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I guess the market strategy should be as follow:
1) Chiesa IF Costa is sold.
2) Gosens instead of Pellegrini (though I don't see us investing much).
3) Do we still need Kean as a Ronaldo sub?
4) Do we need a replacement for Khedira? Locatelli maybe?
1. Agree
2. Gosens I'd love, but it's gonna be Emerson if someone comes imo
3. I'd take him on loan
4. We don't considering Pirlo likes our current midfielders in a 2 man midfield rather than a 3 man

Jul 3, 2020
He got contract until 2022, so this season Viola results will be crucial . Everything depends of the player, his ambitions and commitment to club project. Personally I wouldn't believe in big things happenings at Fiorentina, they have Beppe Iachini at the wheel :rolleyes2:

I don't think he will leave for free, he is too big bag of money for Viola to just hand him away.
Zero chance he re-signs with Florence. Everyone who has interest in him knows this. Smartass Commisso better be careful

rainhard

May 5, 2004
If we are going to play 4-3-3 as some reports are saying, I don’t get why we are going for Morata. He is not a good fit as a CF in 4-3-3. If we play 2 strikers like yesterday, he would be a good rotation option though - not starter material.
But if we are willing to spend 10m on a loan, surely there must be better out there?
If we are looking for a rotating option for Dybala, Ronaldo and Kulusevski, why not take a chance on a somewhat unknown talent - our scouts most have some on their radar.
If we are looking for a starter in a 4-3-3, then I definitely still prefer Dzeko to Morata, but 10m now and potentially 45m next year might even get us Zapata from Atalanta.
So many questions
I think we will put player based on opponent and condition. Maybe he will play more again much weaker opponent and good rotation for big games

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
If we are going to play 4-3-3 as some reports are saying, I don’t get why we are going for Morata. He is not a good fit as a CF in 4-3-3. If we play 2 strikers like yesterday, he would be a good rotation option though - not starter material.
But if we are willing to spend 10m on a loan, surely there must be better out there?
If we are looking for a rotating option for Dybala, Ronaldo and Kulusevski, why not take a chance on a somewhat unknown talent - our scouts most have some on their radar.
If we are looking for a starter in a 4-3-3, then I definitely still prefer Dzeko to Morata, but 10m now and potentially 45m next year might even get us Zapata from Atalanta.
So many questions
I dont know man, i think morata is a great rotation option.
Any combination of a forward-three or two of Ronaldo, Dybala, Kulusevski and Morata is viable.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I don't know about Romero but pellegrini didn't look good enough to be backup. If we have him in squad it'll mean we've severe financial constraints limiting spending on someone better and couldn't swap him for enough plusvalenza.
Pellegrini isn't even good enough as backup. Subpar to poor season at Cagliari.
Pellegrini isn't ready, looked bang on avg.
Sulplise!

Emerson links from earlier make more sense now. We waited out till Chelsea had to be open to loan, one without obligation.

If funds free up, we get Gosens to compete with AS. If not, we get Emerson as backup on loan, no money spent and risk free. Solid.

Same level and only marginally better than fully fit MDS but will actually be available, overall giving us a way better backup LB option compared to last year.

But I hope we free up some funds for Gosens or someone else who can improve starting XI too.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
This whole thing is strange dzeko sat on the bench Saturday when they needed a goal it seemed like it was a done deal yet 2 days later we have apparently got a deal for morata sorted. I know the whole roma milik situation got complicated but still its a quick turnaround something smells off
And Roma put Diawara on the pitch make them lose 3-0 because of administration issue, when they can ask Diawara sleep at home, change the formation a little and put Dzeko up top and winning against Verona

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
If he stays he should be nothing more than a impact sub, just like last year. I’d understand if we sell him, but damn also love that guy. Wish he had less injuries.
Yup, same here, I have always been a fan, was ecstatic when we got him, but them injuries, damn, so unlucky..getting 25-30 mill will be pretty good business from us, I think both Wolves and Manu could use an explosive winger type, I just hope they dont care about his injury history.. We still havent signed our usual free transfer, is Paratici not getting a free this season..

Jul 3, 2020
For me it was when it became clear Pirlo would go with a three man backline. Gosens scored 9 goals last season in a similar system. Thats insane for his position. And he’s still only 26.
He also had a bunch of assists I think 8. Crazy production for a LWB. Getting some love from the German national team now too. I’ve wanted this guy since the middle of last season.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Yup, same here, I have always been a fan, was ecstatic when we got him, but them injuries, damn, so unlucky..getting 25-30 mill will be pretty good business from us, I think both Wolves and Manu could use an explosive winger type, I just hope they dont care about his injury history.. We still havent signed our usual free transfer, is Paratici not getting a free this season..
30m is nothing for a prem club, especially wolves.

Not a betting man, but if Tici manages to sell Costa, I think Chiesa will come.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
why would the flight circle like that instead of turning left then straight ?

flight experts can you explain what would cause a plane to do that?
Sometimes plane do that if they overfueled. So they need to flying in circle to lower the fuel for good landing.

That as far as I know, remembering read that somewhere

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Chiesa would be interesting. If this pirlo system continues then he would be providing competition for cuadrado.

With chiesa and morata our squad finally have some real depth now for every postion

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Pirlo will look for someone with good crossing as the player can do crossing or diagonal long pass to another side of the pitch with great accuracy

Trent Alexander Arnold is the example of the current time to fill both wing in 3-5-2

Players that capable of that kind of passess

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Pirlo will look for someone with good crossing as the player can do crossing or diagonal long pass to another side of the pitch with great accuracy

Trent Alexander Arnold is the example of the current time to fill both wing in 3-5-2

if Pirlos thesis is to be believed, long passing will not be prioritized.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
30m is nothing for a prem club, especially wolves.

Not a betting man, but if Tici manages to sell Costa, I think Chiesa will come.
yup, but this season, apart from Chelsea, those epl clubs have not been really spending, especially when someone like Thiago only costs Liv 30Mil, and Wolves letting go probably one of their best player to another EPL team for 45Mil, the market has been pretty cheap compared to previous seasons..So something around his current market value (20-30) would be good..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)