Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Like MDS is such a burden. His wages are low and and he won't go for much either.
he is a burden as we have 2 other RBs and he cost probably more than 8.5m a year with amortization (3m salary net ~6m gross and 2.4 amortization). One more sale and we could probably cover Aouar buy with it - 4m net means ~6m gross (thanks to new tax law) with a fee of 50m and 5 year contract means annual cost of 16m, and we pay more than half of that for MdS.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Beki

Jul 9, 2012
he is a burden as we have 2 other RBs and he cost probably more than 8.5m a year with amortization (3m salary net ~6m gross and 2.4 amortization). One more sale and we could probably cover Aouar buy with it - 4m net means ~6m gross (thanks to new tax law) with a fee of 50m and 5 year contract means annual cost of 16m, and we pay more than half of that for MdS.
Please also calculate, that Dzeko will have his cost too from amortization perspective. 15M transfer fee, he will sign for 2 years (7M / year).

Jun 16, 2020
Paratici should negotiate something. Vidal, Suarez, Khedira, Matuidi, Higuain, Godin, Cavani etc all those old players leave for free or basically nothing. And some had a arguably better year than Dzeko. Roma should lower their demands, 15m is to much for a player at his age.

I like the De Sciglio/Dzeko swap so hopefully that will go through, but 15m remains to much imo. Settle at 10m (7+bonus), if they don’t want De Sciglio.

- - - Updated - - -

That escalated quickly

Last edited:

Beki

Jul 9, 2012
Well i was thinking the budget for striker is already there, but yeah u might be right here.
Dunno, how things will stand after terminating the contracts of Khedira and Higuain + Dzeko-DS deals, but I think we still should sell someone (for example Costa) to fund other signings.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Didn’t hated him but also wasn’t his biggest fan. I’m happy that we traded him for Arthur, I’m really looking forward to this new generation and I think we sold Pjanic at the right time.
pjanic had to go, unmotivated, and very poor at times, factor in his age too I can't imagine he would have fitted into this energetic midfield Pirlo is trying to mould.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We sold him at the right time, dont disagree, but its not nice selling him, its a calculated risk into it, because he was still our only true top mid, hopefully Arthur works out. But I wouldnt group Pjanic with complete footballing bums at their current stage, even if I fully understand why we sold him.

Jun 16, 2020
We sold him at the right time, dont disagree, but its not nice selling him, its a calculated risk into it, because he was still our only true top mid, hopefully Arthur works out. But I wouldnt group Pjanic with complete footballing bums at their current stage, even if I fully understand why we sold him.
Yeah obviously he’s 10 times better than Khedira and Matuidi. Carried our midfield last years, but still I think that he didn’t do exceptional things or things other midfielders can’t do. And I’m looking forward to Arthur. I think that he’s a nice addition to this team, maybe a bit underrated here.

Nostradamus

Dec 12, 2012
What do you think of McKennie?
I like him and he has the potential to be a very good box2box player with high engine and work rate, but it is not easy to judge, if he can make it at a top club like Juve.

Without Corona, Schalke would never have sold him, as he is a fan favourite and I m also curious to see how he ll be doing for Juve.

Would I have bought him? No, cos Bayern dont need a player like him, as they have Goretzka and Tolisso with similar qualities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)