Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (135 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
The current Dutch team are a little less talented than Ruud Gullit and Johan Cruyff’s teams, perhaps.
yes but do you think our current midfield is up to Gullit, Rijkaard or Cruyff level? I doubt it, I even believe the Italy midfield is better then ours, but my point was that we are Juventus, champions of Italy, they will have a golden midfield and none of that midfield plays for Juve

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
yes but do you think our current midfield is up to Gullit, Rijkaard or Cruyff level? I doubt it, I even believe the Italy midfield is better then ours, but my point was that we are Juventus, champions of Italy, they will have a golden midfield and none of that midfield plays for Juve
They started Locatelli, Jorginho and Barella. Is that what you call golden midfield?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
We already have two in Kulu and Dybala. I'd rather we focus on wrapping up our midfield than pay 60 million+ for Chiesa.
I don't mind Kean as a backup, but he is nowhere near starting quality for Juve.
Dybala is absolutely not versatile. Rather the opposite. A headache for the coach cause he's so niche and specific.

- - - Updated - - -

Dybala is versatile, he's played SS, ST, RW and CAM and he's been great in all of them expect as a winger.
Chiesa isn't a striker either, he won't solve any problems.
This is simply not true. And I seriously would wish it was true

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
While they may not turn into top class mids, it’s a wee bit disappointing we haven’t purchased any of this young generation of Italian mids and attacking mids. Tonali, Barella, Locatelli, Zaniolo, etc. Especially after previously dragging our feet and missing out on Verratti. The first two went for cheap-ish prices, the third is available for a reasonable fee, the fourth the most expensive and difficult, and rightly so. I don’t think we need to go full ItalJuve, but these are players that if they develop to their full potential, could be part of the backbone of this team for 10+ years. And I don’t really believe guys like Arthur and Bentancur have higher upside than the above Italians. Aouar, yes. But not our current young non-Italian mids. So Now that we passed on both Tonali and Barella, I’d really like to see us get the other two.

- - - Updated - - -

They started Locatelli, Jorginho and Barella. Is that what you call golden midfield?
Replace Jorginho with Tonali, and it’s a very young mid with very high potential. Not there yet, so it’s a big “if” but they are young and quite promising.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
they are young and talented, in 10 years time, this will be more or less the same midfield, they didn't even mention Tonalli or Veratti, yes they have to improve but I believe they will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 124)