Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (192 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Numbers look to good to be true on suarez.

I still don't buy this SHOULD have got at least one of those italian talents. No one on this forum was screaming out for these italian talents. All were considered good young players but not good enough to enhance our midfield to where it needed to be after pirlo vidal and pogba all left.

Losing out on talents like Aouar will be the thing we kick ourselves for...not barella.
you are right. members here just looking for excuse for "italian " talent because our midfield was poor. but we have started fixing the mid and we need to aim higher than these average italians.

but we all know that current italian talent is not good enough for juve.

proof is in our italian "talent" in last decade we used: sturaro, zaza, berna, ogbonna, motta, giovinco, bonucci.

we should aim for top talent. not for nationality

@Cronios back me up bro.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I have been hyping Barella up since early 2018. I was laughed at when I claimed that Barella is better than Khedira in September 2018

https://www.juventuz.com/threads/winter-mercato-thread-2018-19.43716/page-9#post-5839204
I was praising Barella last year and was told he’s an overrated Italian mediocrity. I think he’s actually got top class potential and has looked better and better over the last couple years.

Would have loved to have him here last season. And I’m worried we shall end up saying the same thing about Tonali next summer.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I'll be 30 next year. I'll finally make that transition to an old fart just like you guys :baus:
Just about time for Plusvalenza.. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Links with A.Traore - Apparently Mendes offered him to us and its rumored that instead of Wolves`s 60M valuation of him - Bernardeschi and D.C could be used in a double swap.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
We shlould try and go for Sensi later on in the mercato if we fail with Aouar and Locateli imo. Merda have a lot of midfielders, they might be forced to sell and Sensi wont be getting more game time at Merda than he would get here.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Locatelli
Tonali
Barella
Sensi
Zaniolo

That’s is probably the most promising young midfield in the world, can you name another country with midfielders of similar qualities that are born 1995-later?
Tonali rides on his wonderboy status so far and Zaniolo might be done. You can add L. Pellegrini to the list though. It still is a nice group of midfielders, definitely one of better in the world.

Spain's u25 midfield shits on this selection though, and i would even pick England's before Italia.
Spain: Saul, Rodri, Fabian, Soler, Llorente, Ceballos, Dani Olmo, Puig
England: Dele, Maddison, Rice, Mount, Foden, Grealish, Loftus-Cheek

Also, 3 good mids can be enough and then Germany and France comes into play.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2010
Locatelli
Tonali
Barella
Sensi
Zaniolo

That’s is probably the most promising young midfield in the world, can you name another country with midfielders of similar qualities that are born 1995-later?
Lo. Pellegrini is also decent, 9 assists in 27 games last season in serie a

EDIT: piotrr beat me to this hah

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Tonali rides on his wonderboy status so far and Zaniolo might be done. You can add L. Pellegrini to the list though. It still is a nice group of midfielders, definitely one of better in the world.

Spain's u25 midfield shits on this selection though, and i would even pick England's before Italia.
Spain: Saul, Rodri, Valverde, Fabian, Soler, Llorente, Ceballos, Dani Olmo, Puig

Also, 3 good mids can be enough and then Germany and France comes into play. :p
Nobody has even heard of those Engerlanders you mentioned.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Locatelli
Tonali
Barella
Sensi
Zaniolo

Nothing special there bro.
No one on that list is gonna become a wc mid.
Zaniolo had potential to be one.
Don't let a glorified friendly against the Nederlands get your hopes up.
After we see how they fair against good opponents in an official tournament, then we can talk.

Edit. If I remember correctly Italy u21 didn't even pass the group stage in the last tournament.

Last edited:

bobeAle

Aug 11, 2014

Spain: Saul, Rodri, Valverde, Fabian, Soler, Llorente, Ceballos, Dani Olmo, Puig

Also, 3 good mids can be enough and then Germany and France comes into play. :p
isnt Valverde Uruguayan?
Olmo the most promising amongst all those mentioned, al least for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 177)