Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (34 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Nothing special there bro.
No one on that list is gonna become a wc mid.
Zaniolo had potential to be one.
Don't let a glorified friendly against the Nederlands get your hopes up.
After we see how they fair against good opponents in an official tournament, then we can talk.

Edit. If I remember correctly Italy u21 didn't even pass the group stage in the last tournament.
That is true. But they still smashed Spain. And the group stage format at the U/21 is only the top goes through, it’s pretty cutthroat.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
There will be like 50-60 matches to play in the next 7 months and we lack at least 3 players in attack.

We're so fucked. :lol:
There is like a month left in the transfer window...

And within a few days we will probably have:
Cristiano/D. Costa - Dybala/Suarez - Kulu/Berna

Not a luxury at all but as long as we're not selling Berna or DC we shouldn't invest a penny more in attack... Not that we actually can either...

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Juve have cash, raised recently from equity financing. But Operating + investing cash flow has been negative which is not a good sign, so cash raised from the right issue is unlikely to be invested unless the business outlook changes. With stadiums etc closed due to covid19 it's not a good time to invest again. Also there was debt financing a couple of years back which will be due in a couple of years, and since operating cash flow is negative, some of the equity financing will need to be there to pay back the debt.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Losing out on talents like Aouar will be the thing we kick ourselves for...not barella.
This mentality is what got us in this shit. Please be a better person

- - - Updated - - -

Okay so it seems something needs to be cleared out.

The point is, the quality of the midfield talent in italy, sharongland, germany, spain etc

Its critically this midfield performance is assessed in the correct way

Since Italy has incredibly poor conversion from the forwards, we cannot base off the result Like fuck these wastefull forwards

Offcourse, the peasants are just looking at the results Or hyping spanish or sharongland players because "omg so exotic foreign and non italian it must be good"

Compare the midfielders with their performance, not the team result

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

The point is, the quality of the midfield talent in italy, sharongland, germany, spain etc

Since Italy has incredibly poor conversion from the forwards, we cannot base off the result Like fuck these wastefull forwards

Offcourse, the peasants are just looking at the results Or hyping spanish or sharongland players because "omg so exotic foreign and non italian it must be good"

I hope no one is thinking “omg so exotic foreign” about Sharongland. :shifty:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

- - - Updated - - -

So you are telling us that juve's scouters doesn't know any better when they decided to not pursue those players at their price?

It's a reason why italo Juve is no more. It's a reason why the best player in the Nederlands Italy game was Chiello.

Don't get me wrong. I am all for barella at 25, not 50, or Locatelli at 20-25, not 40 mil., even TONALI at 25 looks good, if we would somehow managed to get rid of Khedira.

As of now we have 6 mids and unfortunately I don't see anyone coming if another one doesn't leave.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
So you are telling us that juve's scouters doesn't know any better when they decided to not pursue those players at their price?

It's a reason why italo Juve is no more. It's a reason why the best player in the Nederlands Italy game was Chiello.

Don't get me wrong. I am all for barella at 25, not 50, or Locatelli at 20-25, not 40 mil., even TONALI at 25 looks good, if we would somehow managed to get rid of Khedira.

As of now we have 6 mids and unfortunately I don't see anyone coming if another one doesn't leave.
Our scouts report on talent, the board decides what to purchase.

Italo juve never stopped. The italian talent just seriously dried up for a considerable time. Look at our goalkeepers and defenders and you'll notice we've engaged with plenty of italians.

Issue is that when this generation started to rise the past two years, we didnt act on it and persuaded other goals.

Clearly, that was wrong.

And Chiellini wasnt the best player in that encounter.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Our scouts report on talent, the board decides what to purchase.

Italo juve never stopped. The italian talent just seriously dried up for a considerable time. Look at our goalkeepers and defenders and you'll notice we've engaged with plenty of italians.

Issue is that when this generation started to rise the past two years, we didnt act on it and persuaded other goals.

Clearly, that was wrong.

And Chiellini wasnt the best player in that encounter.
The generation rise is debatable until we see them at the euros. There we will going to have a better picture of the talent we supposedly missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)