Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (79 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I dont think there can be a exlusive super trusted source like Woj in European top football, NBA is one league and small family of close knit network of sources (all changing jobs within the league constantly, so your sources keep getting spread out), no transfer funds involved so GMs/Execs there do their semi-pressuring for trades by leaking info to Woj (and few others), and do trades. Football has way too much money involved in transfers to give up leverage in negotiating to constantly leaking info out to Journalists.

Tho I think that what Marrotta was doing with Juve, cultivating relationships with journalists to use them for his transfer deals, and hence they knew quite fair bit of what was going on within the club. Since he left, there is no such thing as an Agresti, GDM, or other main papers who know a damn thing about what we are about to do.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I wonder if the winter market will be more active this year than its ever been. Clubs should have a better idea of their financials by then, as there should be a better understanding of where everything is with covid, ie fans in the stands.

We can complain about not going after the Aouars of the world, but I don’t see any other club making a play either. Really outside of some prem clubs, everyone is in the same boat.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Any good ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Must be. Broke serie c transfer record for him.

- - - Updated - - -

I can’t comprehend why we’re not in for Thiago. Only costing €30M and would really take our midfield up 2-3 levels. It’s almost a no-brainer.
He's 29

- - - Updated - - -

Momblano Boom!

A right sale is needed before announcing Aouar. Juve have an agreement with Lyon for a particular operation: Loan (€15m-€20m) with obligation to buy (€25m-€30m).
The most believable thing he said recently till obligation to buy figures

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Must be. Broke serie c transfer record for him.

- - - Updated - - -

He's 29

- - - Updated - - -

The most believable thing he said recently till obligation to buy figures
I must say Im one of those who usually underrate Thiago but obviously for 30M its a no brainer even at 29...
As for Aouar - We all wish since he is by far the best CM we have been linked with apart for Pogba and now the weak link to Thiago, but I just cant see us gaining more money from sales.
We are dead in the market and so are other teams.
Higuain will probably leave but we get Suarez (according to reports).
We sold Caldara but we still have Khedira (IIRC) and Ramsey who is on a high payroll.
We need to sell both for any chance of this happening

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Momblano Boom!

A right sale is needed before announcing Aouar. Juve have an agreement with Lyon for a particular operation: Loan (€15m-€20m) with obligation to buy (€25m-€30m).
:tuttosport:

So we only need to sell someone and then we can announce him!?! We are so close! Couldn't be happier (well Suarez going to Qatar would make me happier tbh).

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
I dont think there can be a exlusive super trusted source like Woj in European top football, NBA is one league and small family of close knit network of sources (all changing jobs within the league constantly, so your sources keep getting spread out), no transfer funds involved so GMs/Execs there do their semi-pressuring for trades by leaking info to Woj (and few others), and do trades. Football has way too much money involved in transfers to give up leverage in negotiating to constantly leaking info out to Journalists.

Tho I think that what Marrotta was doing with Juve, cultivating relationships with journalists to use them for his transfer deals, and hence they knew quite fair bit of what was going on within the club. Since he left, there is no such thing as an Agresti, GDM, or other main papers who know a damn thing about what we are about to do.
s it just me or did he mean Szczesny ?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
@Cronios you think this guy has a point? i want to be optimistic but i dont know....
Ι called it a month ago and they were saying that the transfer window didn't start yet, like the deals were ready and were only waiting official confirmation.
This job needs planning and preparing, we make random moves and put the manager's interests above our needs.
I was hoping for a starter CAM , that was our primary concern, but we are repeating the same mistake again and investing everything on a swap.
Getting a new CF was not a priority and should not be an issue at all, should we kept Jean, we lost the season because of past mistakes and the ones responsible are still managing our club...

Apr 17, 2013
They probably think this is pre covid era.
Waiting for those 70 to 90 million offers.
They need to start having some fun while they are waiting.
tenor-2.gif
When you see Havertz sold 80 M, or the nobody Portuguese leaving for 40 million to wolverhampton, Aouar worth easly 60-70, but Lyon always sells its players very badly, unlike Monaco which manages to swindle other clubs (70 M for Lemar) or Lille (80 M for Pepe lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)