Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (88 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Yup , but he is smart guy .
He never brings anything exclusive,but whenever he reports something he got from Di Marzio for example he gets 10times more likes .

Even though source of the news was someone else,he gets all likes and stuff, even in my country whenever we discuss football people say : Even Romano said so . Like he is best source,every time i try to explain to them , he is doing great job reporting news , but he ain't the source,he depends on other guys most of the time , but for me he is the smartest one , he made name for himself.

If i was a journalist I would do the sams , English speaking twitter followers are the best to have .

He also "invented" (here we go thing) , you have to admit the guy is smart :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These days he never breaks any news, he only confirms other peoples through his ever growing sources which is kind of a bitch move as he takes all the credit. Same thing when we got McKennie, he tweeted it as if it was his own then decided to credit the german guy when people told him to.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Maybe coz we don't have 30 mil
Then that’s on those in charge. If we don’t have a measly 30M for transfers then why not generate funds from some of the absolute deadwood in the team. Berna+costa+Rugani+MDS should easily be able to generate the funds for another mid but Paratici is just useless at this point.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Then that’s on those in charge. If we don’t have a measly 30M for transfers then why not generate funds from some of the absolute deadwood in the team. Berna+costa+Rugani+MDS should easily be able to generate the funds for another mid but Paratici is just useless at this point.
Really? Show me a team that's spending money, Chelsea excluded, these are EXTRAordinary times, no one saw this coming.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
imagine spending 60% of your revenue on salaries, then having your stadium closed for the last 3rd of the last season, and having to start your new season with closed doors too. that's 99% of the top 5 league clubs.

then imagine having one of the largest wage bills of the world of sport, just because you overpaid your players. that's juventus.

then imagine trying to sell your players with a valid contract ("deadwood") so that you can afford new ones.

as gordo said, no one is spending, and no club can afford our deadwood. this mercato was fucked way before it started.

Jul 20, 2012
imagine spending 60% of your revenue on salaries, then having your stadium closed for the last 3rd of the last season, and having to start your new season with closed doors too. that's 99% of the top 5 league clubs.

then imagine having one of the largest wage bills of the world of sport, just because you overpaid your players. that's juventus.

then imagine trying to sell your players with a valid contract ("deadwood") so that you can afford new ones.

as gordo said, no one is spending, and no club can afford our deadwood. this mercato was fucked way before it started.
It's something hard to accept but at the same time, we should be happy that calcio is starting soon.

Yes we are stuck with players on big contracts but judging by these rumors Paratici isn't going to be the one in charge in October. We can just hope that with pirlo and possibly cherubini? that we continue this transition to youth. Next season we can potentially lose buffon, khedira(if he doesn't leave now), chiellini, Costa( doesn't seem like he's leaving), etc.

My whole point is, we are going to have to make a lot of changes next year as well, so it's probably best that we don't just make stupid expense moves if it won't address a direct fix.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Which is why we aren't signing Aouar this summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably never actually, now that I think about it.

Jul 13, 2010
At this point, a lot of journos and ‘insiders’ are just throwing shit against a wall and hoping it sticks. These guys know didly squat.
It makes sense, throw out 20 names, one of them will be true and there you go, you are a momblano. No one remembers false rumors, there is no penalty in guessing wrong, but there is a huge respect bonus if you get some name right

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Berna+costa+Rugani+MDS should easily be able to generate the funds for another mid but Paratici is just useless at this point.
I noticed a quote in the Sunderland 'Til I Die show on Netflix from their sporting director, they had little money to work with and he said that "selling players costs money". You have to give players money to leave if they don't want to and there is not sufficient interest, or if it makes the difference up for their salary.

It's easy to say this, that and the next player can go for €Xm but in reality clubs are broke and our players have salaries potential buying teams simply can't afford.

Could be that we sell Douglas Costa to someone but we'll just need another winger or wide forward, so that money would go on them.

Thiago Alcantara to Liverpool is a done deal anyway, and has been done for weeks if not months. It's only £30m because he's got one year left and he's 29.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Have you seen anyone that wants to pay money for berna, costa, rugani or MDS??? no but lets blame Paratici for being useless somehow, it's like blaming Paratici for not being able to sell that shitty car you drive because nobody wants to pay money for it, so you end up scrapping it.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Yup , but he is smart guy .
He never brings anything exclusive,but whenever he reports something he got from Di Marzio for example he gets 10times more likes .

Even though source of the news was someone else,he gets all likes and stuff, even in my country whenever we discuss football people say : Even Romano said so . Like he is best source,every time i try to explain to them , he is doing great job reporting news , but he ain't the source,he depends on other guys most of the time , but for me he is the smartest one , he made name for himself.

If i was a journalist I would do the sams , English speaking twitter followers are the best to have .

He also "invented" (here we go thing) , you have to admit the guy is smart :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romano does a good job of only “reporting“ deals that are going to happen, that way he builds trust among the sheep, primarily premheads. He’s a slick grifter.

When it comes to Juve there really isn’t a trustworthy insider. Agresti is the closest, but he has too many misses to be considered tier 1. He’s no Woj haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)