Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
On the current squad Pulisic is the most famous. Then probably some MLS guys.

Guys like Sargent, Reyna, Adams, McKenny will have to build their reputations with the National team. At least for the casual national team fan.
Talent wise, taking account where he is on his current trajectory, he might be Top 3

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Pietro Nicolodi, Sky journalist, commentator and Bundesliga expert, spoke about the proposed new signing of Juventus Weston McKenny.

"He's basically a great athlete, able to run throughout the game, and even though he's not too tall, he is very strong physically and is good at pitching."

“He's the one who can be of use to this Juventus as there aren't many people in the midfield. He is not a phenomenon, but he is one who moves a lot. "

"He's the one who adds dynamics to the game, recovers a lot of balls, and in fact he can also control possession."

"It's not a big name, it doesn't drive you crazy, but Paratici was right about making a functional purchase for the team."

"Maybe it's the right name at the right time, Juve lacks those who do the dirty work, take away the balls."

"He cannot quickly change the team because it was more difficult at Schalke, let's see what he can do now."

“He looks a bit like (to Vidal), to be honest, but Vidal had more qualities. In terms of dynamism, he is such a player, but Arturo was on a different level in the attacking phase. "
He pretty much described Matuidi.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I don't know if this has been posted or not

McKennie to have Juventus medical

By Football Italia staff

McKennie-2006-s04-epa_0.jpg
EPA.png

Schalke 04 midfielder Weston McKennie will have his Juventus medical on Friday, claim Sky Sport Italia, on a €3m loan with option to buy for €18m.
According to the latest reports coming out of Italy, a deal is done for the USA international and he is already packing his bags for the flight to Turin.
Friday is chosen for a very good reason, as it will be McKennie’s 22nd birthday.
Juve are expected to pay €3m for the one-season loan from Schalke 04, with an agreement to pay another €18m if they wish to make the move permanent next summer.
The versatile midfielder played 32 competitive games for Schalke this season, contributing three goals and one assist.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
From what I heard so far he is good at scoring goals, intercepting, has good fitness and work rates, is excellent in the air. His passing is supposed to be his weak point. Hopefully Pirlo can help with that.
OK just watched a few videos of him (not that they always tell you the whole story) and the description you gave me seems pretty accurate. Seems to be a good ball winner, brave in the tackle, decent long range passing and the thing that excites me the most is his aerial prowess. Interesting player and tbh it’s about time we start making me more signings if younger talented players with potential high upside

Could be an American version of Tim Cahill :tuttosport:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Very well rounded.

Like most Americans best qualities are his physicality. Work rate, strength, beating others in the air and, while its not his prime area of strength, he is more than decent technically. Part of what makes him stand out from other Americans who are mostly hustle.

Potential weaknesses seem to be his aggressive nature and temperament, argues alot with refs, opposing players.
We haven’t had a (proper) ball winning, hard tackling midfielder since Vidal left. I don’t count Stururu because he also had all the technical ability of a drunk donkey, but this McKenzie fella looks to be half decent on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)