Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (60 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2020
Disgusting numbers...

How did we even end up here? Between discussing Higgy's contract termination to record a massive minusvalenza just to go for an even more retarded idea of giving Dzeko 3 years-long deal.
Yea I was hoping that changing Higuaín/Dzeko might give us some room financially, but I didn’t calculated this yet. It’s horrible.

And Higuaín is a 18m loss, but we also need to pay 7,5m (13,1 gross) and 1,5m (2,6 gross) wages because of Covid, but we’re okay to do this just to invest insane money on a striker who’s 2 years older. Wtf

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Yea I was hoping that changing Higuaín/Dzeko might give us some room financially, but I didn’t calculated this yet. It’s horrible.

And Higuaín is a 18m loss, but we also need to pay 7,5m (13,1 gross) and 1,5m (2,6 gross) wages because of Covid, but we’re okay to do this just to invest insane money on a striker who’s 2 years older. Wtf
It'd make sense to take Haaland, not Dzeko :D

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
People need to calm down. No one knows if we will get him in the first place. If it happens, we might not pay too much for him, and we wont offer 3 year deal that's for sure.

Media knows shit about our mercato, thats why only random guessing rumours pop up every day. The only thing that we all know is that we are trying to get rid of Sami and Higuain.
True.

Then again, it's also true that we have been making some incredibly shitty deals recently.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Are we a retirement home for Mid table Serie A teams now? Dzeko is only logical if we get him for free and sign him on two years contract.

I mean I understand the financial difficulties but we'll be better off signing a young talent on lower wages. We can still plusvalenza or at least get back what we paid for him.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
give me realistic targets for the cheap sub role pls
Scamacca did well in Ascoli this year, sometimes you have to give young players a chance. We made so many mistakes over the year.
Also Capello attacked Juventus for that reason. We are so afraid to take a risk. There is also talk about the return of Kean, and why not.
Now that we do not have the money and our midfield is a disaster why not take a chance. With Dzeko or not, what will change if our mids does not get better.
We have Dybala, Ronaldo,Kulusevski why do we need another senior citizen. It is time to look into the future not the past, and change the midfield spent the money we have on Aouar, and then think about Locatelli and De Paul. We are only gone score goal if we have a good midfield. My question is: "Are we that blind?"

Jun 16, 2020
who's the realistic answer? providing we're ready to pay haaland's clause next summer, that is.
We should not act like we’ve signed Haaland already. We’re in serious financial difficulties and we’ll face competition from all big clubs in Europe. He won’t be easy to sign, so because of that I don’t like the idea of surviving a year with a striker just to get Haaland next year, especially if we do the maths behind possible signings.

It’s not my job to be a scout, but considering our problems and being a club with 600m revenues, we should be better in finding players, instead of the obvious names.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We have Dybala, Ronaldo,Kulusevski why do we need another senior citizen. It is time to look into the future not the past, and change the midfield spent the money we have on Aouar, and then think about Locatelli and De Paul.
Are you saying that we don't need another striker? Let's be serious, we need someone if and when Higuain leaves. If you think he is not leaving then that is another thing... Or are you saying that Kulusevski is a striker? Or that those three are old? I've really no idea.

It's very unlikely that we are going to be spending another €120m or so on midfielders when we just bought Arthur and last year bought Rabiot and Ramsey, unless one of those two is also sold. They might be old, finished, crippled or whatever, but Matuidi, Khedira and Higuain are supposed to be first team players who make a difference, so if you lose those three you have to replace them with three players who make a difference. If you just want a young striker to put themselves about and make some substitute appearances then promote Vrioni. But the club wants and needs more than that.

Picture this - Dybala gets a thigh strain that puts him out for a month or so. Your frontline is now Ronaldo - Scamacca - Kulusevski, potentially for CL games or title deciders. That's why there needs to be a second striker with at least some experience and established quality.

What is painfully clear is that we need to start developing our own players for these roles so that we don't have to pay €40m to fill it or sign some 32+ year old on his last pay day. Kean might've been the answer, but the make up and game time of squads changes from year to year. What might've applied to Kean then probably doesn't now.

It's obvious that we made a gamble signing Higuain and then Ronaldo as difference-makers in the CL. Ronaldo is and would be in a good team, but it won't last forever. It seems like we went all-in to an extent, and did that age-old Italian thing of trying to wring every last drop out of an old team.

The (r)evolution of this team coupled with a €70m loss from lockdown has now become very poor timing, we are not going to sort our problems in one window at all.

Jun 16, 2020
Are you saying that we don't need another striker? Let's be serious, we need someone if and when Higuain leaves. If you think he is not leaving then that is another thing... Or are you saying that Kulusevski is a striker? Or that those three are old? I've really no idea.

It's very unlikely that we are going to be spending another €120m or so on midfielders when we just bought Arthur and last year bought Rabiot and Ramsey, unless one of those two is also sold. They might be old, finished, crippled or whatever, but Matuidi, Khedira and Higuain are supposed to be first team players who make a difference, so if you lose those three you have to replace them with three players who make a difference. If you just want a young striker to put themselves about and make some substitute appearances then promote Vrioni. But the club wants and needs more than that.

Picture this - Dybala gets a thigh strain that puts him out for a month or so. Your frontline is now Ronaldo - Scamacca - Kulusevski, potentially for CL games or title deciders. That's why there needs to be a second striker with at least some experience and established quality.

What is painfully clear is that we need to start developing our own players for these roles so that we don't have to pay €40m to fill it or sign some 32+ year old on his last pay day. Kean might've been the answer, but the make up and game time of squads changes from year to year. What might've applied to Kean then probably doesn't now.

It's obvious that we made a gamble signing Higuain and then Ronaldo as difference-makers in the CL. Ronaldo is and would be in a good team, but it won't last forever. It seems like we went all-in to an extent, and did that age-old Italian thing of trying to wring every last drop out of an old team.

The (r)evolution of this team coupled with a €70m loss from lockdown has now become very poor timing, we are not going to sort our problems in one window at all.
That Italian obsession experience is what’s killing us.

Higuain this year vs Lyon and Mandzukic last year vs Ajax are great examples that experience doesn’t necessarily means anything. Dzeko scored 3 goals in EL, Lacazette 2.

Besides that, I rather have a year struggling with youngsters, but at least believing that there’s a project and knowing the team will be stronger as times passes by.

We need a striker, yes, but we need to spend wisely. Loss after loss should make us realizing that we shouldn’t throw money away for a +30 year old.

Im not angry with our transfer policy these last 12 months, but now I’m afraid that we’ll make a obvious mistake if we sign a old striker again.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We should not act like we’ve signed Haaland already. We’re in serious financial difficulties and we’ll face competition from all big clubs in Europe. He won’t be easy to sign, so because of that I don’t like the idea of surviving a year with a striker just to get Haaland next year, especially if we do the maths behind possible signings.

It’s not my job to be a scout, but considering our problems and being a club with 600m revenues, we should be better in finding players, instead of the obvious names.
my point is that dzeko is clearly a stop gap, and as such, he's a realistic option. i'd like us to sign a top center, but it's out of question at the moment.

it's all about context. our quest for a 9 has become a "pick your poison" kinda game, and with higuain being expensive and demotivated, guys like milik, jimenez and zapata costing way too much for what they could potentially offer, and top strikers out of the budget too, dzeko as a stop gap for 1 or 2 seasons is a lower risk pick. that said, i'd be fine with milik or zapata too at the right price.

yes, we should do better in finding players. if the club comes up with a better solution than dzeko, i'll be happy to welcome literally anybody who's young, accepts the bench behind dybala, is a ~20 goal player on his own right, works hard around and in the box, can be targeted with crosses, has a decent passing game, and not terribly overpriced like jimenez. until then, dzeko is a sad but understandable option.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017

Kulusevski is on the right wing and can score goal better than our previous right wings. Dybala is a player that make thing happening. Ronaldo is the only old one.
with Dzeko we have one more old player. and sorry with Dzeko in the team we are not gone win the CL. Our midfield is to poor. The problem we like old players and free ones. I would have sold Khedira and Matuidi 2 years ago look at Barcelona like us the made lots of mistakes with there team.
I would offer 60 mil to Lyon and try to get him for 70/75 if not then go for Locatelli and De Paul. We have to rebuild. We sell a bunch of players and we can make maybe 70 mil. and on top we make their salary's . Perin, De sciglio, Rugani, DC, Ramsey that should give us 70 mil. or not + what they make.
We need new Blood not old men. We may not win right away but that is live. Anyway I have my doubts we are gone win the league with Dzeko next year far from the CL.
We need absolutely to change the midfield, and try to get one great mid if we can. So I rader spent the money on that than paying Dzeko 7 mil a year.

- - - Updated - - -

my point is that dzeko is clearly a stop gap, and as such, he's a realistic option. i'd like us to sign a top center, but it's out of question at the moment.

it's all about context. our quest for a 9 has become a "pick your poison" kinda game, and with higuain being expensive and demotivated, guys like milik, jimenez and zapata costing way too much for what they could potentially offer, and top strikers out of the budget too, dzeko as a stop gap for 1 or 2 seasons is a lower risk pick. that said, i'd be fine with milik or zapata too at the right price.

yes, we should do better in finding players. if the club comes up with a better solution than dzeko, i'll be happy to welcome literally anybody who's young, accepts the bench behind dybala, is a ~20 goal player on his own right, works hard around and in the box, can be targeted with crosses, has a decent passing game, and not terribly overpriced like jimenez. until then, dzeko is a sad but understandable option.
Yes a very sad one, that will us not win the CL. Sorry. We need a much better midfield. In CL we will be run over, we were run over in the middle by Ajax and Lyon for God sake.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Perhaps we should just keep Higuain. Try for Milik at a low price at the end of the mercato and if it fails, go back for him in January.

Dzeko on a 3year deal with transfer fee is even dumber than releasing Higuain with massive loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)