Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (89 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
I don’t have any confidence in Higuain and his loser mentality. He is probably going to be effective as often as Douglas Costa is.
I'd rather that we gamble on a 34 year old Dzeko or even Benzema, provided we get rid of Higuain. Sure it may backfire. But only offer a 2 year contract.

Buy on AliExpress.com

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Its too muich for Tici to deliver the goods to be honest
And can you blame him? How tf do we get rid of these deadwood players? We signed them with no resell value due to their age, and we keep offering new contracts to old players in desperation not to lose them on free transfers. We even build the most advanced training and medical facility in Europe. Like, Khedira won't find a better place to recover if he tried...

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
For the likes of Khedira and Higuain to leave they need to be told to train away from the main squad. They'll never get playing time so if they stay and take the money their career will be over but if they're smart like Matuidi they'll move on and continue playing. Shut the door on them like excluding Can from the CL list.

Jun 16, 2020
Balzarini saying that Paratici is in negotiations with United for Costa, and with Tottenham for Bernardeschi.

Hopefully Aston Villa and West Ham for De Sciglio and Rugani.

Never really followed Balzarini, so I’m not sure if he’s a true guru.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
For the likes of Khedira and Higuain to leave they need to be told to train away from the main squad. They'll never get playing time so if they stay and take the money their career will be over but if they're smart like Matuidi they'll move on and continue playing. Shut the door on them like excluding Can from the CL list.
Hope this saga is media speculation. Fingers crossed, they wouldn't take a whole year off just to get paid that €7m. I know I would but..

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Getting payed millions of euros at the dawn of your career while having no responsibility and doing basically nothing other than some funny solo training. I'd say that's pretty smart.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
For the likes of Khedira and Higuain to leave they need to be told to train away from the main squad. They'll never get playing time so if they stay and take the money their career will be over.
But that's exactly the point imo.

They are already at the end of their career anyway. Maybe a cameo in Argentina or MLS. but that'll be it.

It's their last huge contract, why not just sit it out? They aren't some up-and-coming 20 year olds who have to worry over their reputation. I don't think the club can do much to get them to leave, except for paying them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)