Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (203 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2020
If someone told me 3 months ago that Juve could end up with De Paul, Gosens, and Dzeko, and consider it a good mercato, I would have kicked them in the balls.

Then I would have driven to their house, and kicked their kids in the balls. And kicked the dog in the balls
Totally agree. We should do far better than De Paul, Dzeko an Gosens. Even with limited resources we should be able to pull of something better.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Totally agree. We should do far better than De Paul, Dzeko an Gosens. Even with limited resources we should be able to pull of something better.

We could be spending upwards of 35-40 million each on De Paul and Gosens. They aren't going to really get any better than they are now, are they?

I mean. Fucking invest in young players. PLEASE. FOR ONCE.

And I don't want to hear about this swap bullshit with Perin, etc....

We are just putting a band aid on a bullet wound with these types of signings. We can't afford to go big to get the superstars. Then maybe we should do what we USED to do, and that was to create them.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I listen to them almost everyday. Only because there are always so many sources in Italia so. I listen to them. Radio sportiva, RAI sport and read la stampa, gazzetta, tutto sport etc try and see what looks like it sticks
You're slowly becoming my favorite guru.
You're not at @Badass Dybala level just yet, but I think it's a matter of time before you become more trust worthy than him and with a better record.

:tup:

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Pick your 4
CAM:
  • Isco
  • Aoaur
  • Zaniolo
  • DePaul
DM Destoyer:
  • Casemiro (i wish)
  • Tomas Partey :)
  • Tonali (not defensive enough imo),
  • Kante
  • Ndidi could be good option imo
  • Rabiot?: he was not that good going forward for us on the box2box left CM, but he physical and is decent passing.
  • Bentancur? i think hes better as box2box
  • Locatelli lol

RB:
  • Dest
  • Mukiele
  • Emerson
  • Cancelo back?
  • Castagne from atalanta

CF:
  • Zapata
  • Lacazette
  • Milik
  • Kean
  • Pinamonti
  • Dzeko

Evaluating these market right now and the opportunities that may arise i would pick these 4:
Partey, Lacazette, Dest and Zaniolo

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
We could be spending upwards of 35-40 million each on De Paul and Gosens. They aren't going to really get any better than they are now, are they?

I mean. Fucking invest in young players. PLEASE. FOR ONCE.

And I don't want to hear about this swap bullshit with Perin, etc....

We are just putting a band aid on a bullet wound with these types of signings. We can't afford to go big to get the superstars. Then maybe we should do what we USED to do, and that was to create them.
Instead of Dzeko (don’t forget we need to pay for him, but he’s also on a 6m salary) we could at least try for Cavani, but I rather see us going for Jovic. Milan has been trying for him and I don’t see why we can’t, they were agreeing a loan + obligation.

And with the reports that Szboszlai has a clausule of 25m, it would be wiser the spent the money on a talented player than De Paul for 30/35m. I believe De Paul would add something, but there are superior players or at least more talented players with more potential. Aouar would be the best option.

And I like Gosens, but the focus should be a right back instead of a left back. Difficult position, Dest is a bit hyped, Muldur from Sassuolo is nice and young. Can’t think of a lot of names.

It doesn’t has to be to difficult, and lets see if there’s room for a top player after selling all the deadwood. I like Locatelli tho.

Last edited:

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
That's some top level guruing by Agresti.
Even Janna could have guessed this.
You're slowly becoming my favorite guru.
You're not at @Badass Dybala level just yet, but I think it's a matter of time before you become more trust worthy than him and with a better record.

:tup:
Don't know if serious but I won't use that word last time I got blasted. I report what I hear because I think I listen and read alot of Italian media which sometimes has it right. So why not share?
If serious thanks

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
With names like these, we should have just kept Sarri.

What the fuck. Seriously. THIS is what we are going to give Pirlo? And to top it all off, a 34 year old Dzeko who is still under contract for 2 more years? Aren't we trying to purge almost everyone in their mid 30's with a big contract?
Dzeko is fine as backup on a 2+1 years contract (2022 is the year we chase Haaland), its the midfield that needs an overhaul. We also need young blood at fullbacks

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Dzeko is fine as backup on a 2+1 years contract (2022 is the year we chase Haaland), its the midfield that needs an overhaul. We also need young blood at fullbacks

And how much are we going to have to pay for this backup? Roma isn't going to just hand him over to us. And let's also throw in probably an improved contract as well. For a guy who is 34.

When we are trying to get younger and shed these contracts paid out to players in their mid 30's. It makes no sense.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Instead of Dzeko (don’t forget we need to pay for him, but he’s also on a 6m salary) we could at least try for Cavani, but I rather see us going for Jovic. Milan has been trying for him and I don’t see why we can’t, they were agreeing a loan + obligation.

And with the reports that Szboszlai has a clausule of 25m, it would be wiser the spent the money on a talented player than De Paul for 30/35m. I believe De Paul would add something, but there are superior players or at least more talented players with more potential. Aouar would be the best option.

And I like Gosens, but the focus should be a right back instead of a left back. Difficult position, Dest is a bit hyped, Muldur from Sassuolo is nice and young. Can’t think of a lot of names.

It doesn’t has to be to difficult, and lets see if there’s room for a top player after selling all the deadwood. I like Locatelli tho.
Cavani would be my 1st choice as well, but seems there are no links whatsoever. Not sure about Jovic, could be too expensive considering we need money for the midfield.

Agree about Szaboszlai, we should jump on that if true (probably is, Haalands clause turned out to be true as well).

We have no room for a RB unless we sell Danilo im afraid. Once MDS leaves, we will need an alternative for AS so lets get that 1st.

Matuidi is gone so we are already a mid short. Khedira leaves and we need 2. I like Locatelli as well but we need a starting caliber mid along him

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
And how much are we going to have to pay for this backup? Roma isn't going to just hand him over to us. And let's also throw in probably an improved contract as well. For a guy who is 34.

When we are trying to get younger and shed these contracts paid out to players in their mid 30's. It makes no sense.
Dzeko is already on a big contract and he didnt have a standout season. At that age and with current circumstances, hes not getting a raise. As for the transfer fee there are ways around it. Berna and Rugani come to mind

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Dzeko is already on a big contract and he didnt have a standout season. At that age and with current circumstances, hes not getting a raise. As for the transfer fee there are ways around it. Berna and Rugani come to mind
So, he's already on a big contract, and he didn't have a standout year. And he's 34.

Yet, he's perfect for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 199)