Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (58 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I was so impressed with Partey when we played against them. The man was everywhere. Clearly would be a waste competing for 5th with Arsenal. I remember Atletico being really interested in Berna last year, hopefully we could get something done like that.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So, he's already on a big contract, and he didn't have a standout year. And he's 34.

Yet, he's perfect for us?
Hes the perfect fit characteristic wise (big, strong, can hold the ball, pass, score with left/right/head). Everything we need from a backup CF. Being 34 is not an issue for him, hes good for another 2 years minimum, and in a reduced role. Hes also a leader and voice in the dressing room which we are now losing with guys like Khedira leaving.

Now these issues you bring up, i agree with them but we should look to avoid them when looking at the midfield reinforcements. But for a backup striker for the next 2 years, Dzeko is everything we can hope for, and more

- - - Updated - - -

I was so impressed with Partey when we played against them. The man was everywhere. Clearly would be a waste competing for 5th with Arsenal. I remember Atletico being really interested in Berna last year, hopefully we could get something done like that.
Hes also quite versatile, can play as RB as well (the less Danilo the better).

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Add Kulu and Arthur to it and it looks a little better. This so called striker that we are after...is he to be a starter of back up to dybala? I really thought dybala proved his worth as the CF this season.

Dest has potential but he wouldn't be an immediate upgrade on cuadrado in the role. Great for future though.

I dont mind names like gosens or de paul. But surely de paul isn't a player coming in to start...we are talking back up and versatility in terms of squad rotation here right?

I'd be happy with a zapata type as back up to dybala. De Paul and gosens as options off the bench. Dest as our RB back up and future. Locatelli in the midfield rotation.

BUT, WHERE IS THE SAVING GRACE MIDFIELDER WHO WILL COME IN BRING US TO THE NEXT LEVEL??????

May 26, 2016
Add Kulu and Arthur to it and it looks a little better. This so called striker that we are after...is he to be a starter of back up to dybala? I really thought dybala proved his worth as the CF this season.

Dest has potential but he wouldn't be an immediate upgrade on cuadrado in the role. Great for future though.

I dont mind names like gosens or de paul. But surely de paul isn't a player coming in to start...we are talking back up and versatility in terms of squad rotation here right?

I'd be happy with a zapata type as back up to dybala. De Paul and gosens as options off the bench. Dest as our RB back up and future. Locatelli in the midfield rotation.

BUT, WHERE IS THE SAVING GRACE MIDFIELDER WHO WILL COME IN BRING US TO THE NEXT LEVEL??????
We have been asking for that midfielder since Vidal and Pogba left. Dont think we will get him this time either tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)