Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (46 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
De Paul and Arthur in Sarri's setup doesn't fill me with confidence.

We already get overrun.
Argentina lineup in the 2019 Copa America game against Chile (they won 2-1)

1596564437308.png

De Paul's workrate was the one thing able to make this lineup work.

Paredes = good passer but not good defensively, like Jorginho

Lo Celso = an attacking midfielder converted to central midfield, not that good defensively

Messi = walks 7-8 kilometers per game

Dybala and Aguero = not particularly hard working forwards

Of course you can argue that international football is not the same as club football, but you still need balance in your team to make it work.

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I think De Paul is like poor man SMS ?
Both have almost the same stats in Serie A (in def, offensive, passing)

RDP even have better passing success percentage and key passes/game in Serie A than SMS
And since his Udinese days he always deliver 30+ matches/season and without injury history
His downside is sometime he get yellow / red card suspension

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/125547/Show/Rodrigo-de-Paul
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/288767/Show/Sergej-Milinkovic-Savic
SMS is kind of dynamic midfielder which we need even Zaniolo can be turned into a good mezzala

- - - Updated - - -

Argentina lineup in the 2019 Copa America game against Chile (they won 2-1)

1596564437308.png

De Paul's workrate was the one thing able to make this lineup work.

Paredes = good passer but not good defensively, like Jorginho

Lo Celso = an attacking midfielder converted to central midfield, not that good defensively

Messi = walks 7-8 kilometers per game

Dybala and Aguero = not particularly hard working forwards

Of course you can argue that international football is not the same as club football, but you still need balance in your team to make it work.
How do you compare him with SMS or zaniolo

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
How do you compare him with SMS or zaniolo
SMS and De Paul are at a very similar level. I feel like people rate SMS higher because he plays for Lazio (a team that challenged us for the scudetto) rather than Udinese (a team that barely survived relegation). People are naturally biased towards players who play for bigger clubs because they feel as if those players are more "proven".

Zaniolo is more talented than both and has the potential to become one of the best players of his generation. He's also 4-5 years younger than De Paul and SMS. He hasn't entered his prime yet while I feel the other two probably have.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
My FM team is actually the below

—CR7—kean—-Dyb
KPBoateng-bentan-guendozi
Cuad—deligt—demigod—bellerin
————tek———-

And it has already won Ecl twice while matuidi languishes in serie b with Padova.

Sigh* what a beautiful alternate universe
That team is actually shit. Congratulations on making the FM team actually worse than the real thing.

Boateng and Guendozi :rofl:

Kean as the CF :howler:

Bellerin is a bellend, another Insta whore with limited drive and work ethic.

Damn, that team is shit.

- - - Updated - - -

If Sarri stays, Jorginho & Milik will probably be the new Juventus players next season. (Rai)

- - - Updated - - -

Pogba to Juve is now unlikely, Man United are not going to accept technical counterparts. Juventus have no intention of investing so much on a player with whom they made a significant capital gain & who earns €12m/yr. (Rai)
We can always count on you to come bearing gifts :sigh:

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What to do we are not in a position to buy pogba and SMS Zaniolo seems to be our main target but unless he forces Roma to sell him we will find it difficult to sign him so the only option is Tuz favourite Jorginho
Then we go for someone younger with potential. No need to waste money on a one dimensional limited footballer with no resale value who'd come in on insane wages. Tootsie can't be that fucking stupid, repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

@Mark any news on that kid from Schalke?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
SMS and De Paul are at a very similar level. I feel like people rate SMS higher because he plays for Lazio (a team that challenged us for the scudetto) rather than Udinese (a team that barely survived relegation). People are naturally biased towards players who play for bigger clubs because they feel as if those players are more "proven".

Zaniolo is more talented than both and has the potential to become one of the best players of his generation. He's also 4-5 years younger than De Paul and SMS. He hasn't entered his prime yet while I feel the other two probably have.
What?!
SMS is definitely better than De Paul..
SMS in our team gets the undisputed starter spot and star midfielder - He has physique, he can defend and attack
De Paul - He has been underrated for years but he definitely isnt SMS - De Paul will be in competition with Rabiot Arthur and Bentancur.

as for people rate SMS higher because of clubs - Kulusevski is the best RW in Italy IMO and he hasnt played for one of our challengers..

People tend to underrate and overrate everything but never put things exactly as they are.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
What?!
SMS in our team gets the undisputed starter spot and star midfielder - He has physique, he can defend and attack
De Paul - He has been underrated for years but he definitely isnt SMS - De Paul will be in competition with Rabiot Arthur and Bentancur.

as for people rate SMS higher because of clubs - Kulusevski is the best RW in Italy IMO and he hasnt played for one of our challengers..

People tend to underrate and overrate everything but never put things exactly as they are.
I have nothing against you, but you should rest your case with expert takes if you have limited knowledge of both players.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I have nothing against you, but you should rest your case with expert takes if you have limited knowledge of both players.
Have no idea what you just said but lets say I have seen these players play and one is definitely better than the other..
As for the Zaniolo part of his post - I definitely agree

rainhard

May 5, 2004
What?!

Stat wise in Serie A both are the same, SMS best season is in 17/18 when he hit 12 goals

Games 33(1) <> 35(2)
Goals 7 <> 7
Assists 6 <> 4
Tackle 1.8 <> 1.6
Interception 0.9 <> 1
Dribble past 1.1 <> 1
Shoot/game 2.5 <> 2.4
Key passes 2.3 <> 1.3
Dribble/game 1.8 <> 1.1

Bad control/g 2.1 <> 2.2
Avg Pass/g 46 <> 45.8
Pass Success% 82% <> 77.2%
Crosses/game 1.6 <> 0.3

Longball/game 3.6 <> 3.8

De paul stat on the left, so statwise both can produce the same
De Paul is better passer (key pass & %pass success)
Better dribbler than SMS (1.8 vs 1.1)
Better crosser than SMS (1.6 vs 0.3)

But we can elaborate more, how they fare against strong opponent. who can deliver better
IMHO, SMS are overrated and De Paul are underrated. so if De Paul available for 35-40M then SMS max is 50M

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Calma, SMS is clearly the better player. He is not close to him even. Lets not get carried away. SMS is the best all around CM in the league. Dont need to sweat and oversell De Paul to show he is a good player.

De Paul is overall more naturally attacking playmaking player too, since he started off as a nr 10/hybrid winger type and became more CM later, so dont be surprised if such a player has more attacking stats completion. Another thing...Someone compared him to Khedira for Juve, which was really weird to read.

Last edited:

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
De Paul is a massive player to have as a 4/5th option for a 3man midfield, that is for sure and if Rabiot is the other 4/5th option, then we are suddenly good/very good in our weakest department.

If we don't plan on getting a top class midfielder to add to Benta and obviously Arthur, then it's debatable who is the best low/medium cost MF between all the rumoured players.

RDP is way better than the Udinese level and is a nice pick for a title chasing team, if he is the one that we buy I am sure that if he stays healthy come season end he will be the midfielder with the most goals and assist in the team, although his competition doesn't really score and/or assists that much nowadays...

And also, it's Udinese ffs, if they rate him 35-40m then I am sure we can include some player(s) in the deal and significantly lower the price...

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Calma, SMS is clearly the better player. He is not close to him even. Lets not get carried away. SMS is the best all around CM in the league. Dont need to sweat and oversell De Paul to show he is a good player.
De Paul is nowhere near SMS.
@rainhard just showed that RDP is very similar or slightly superior to SMS by every metric that you can measure a midfield player by. Your reaction is just to dismiss all that?

I mean, RDP plays the exact same role as SMS does. Lazio have better players than Udinese, yet RDP has more goal contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)