Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (40 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I fear even that scenario is very optimistic, pal.

That's a lot of deadweight to ship and we should add Pjanic as well.

Of course also add Kulu and Arthur as incoming. That's well over 250 million on incoming transfers...

All of that during a difficult (economic) period. Maybe if we get lucky on another trade or 2...
Kulu is 35M IIRC
Arthur 10M
Zaniolo would cost around 60M
Boga shouldnt cost more than 40M
Locatelli 20M
Backup RB 10M
backup striker 50M

Costa 30M
Bernardeschi - 25-30M
Matuidi - 15M
Khedira - 0
MDS - 10M
Rugani/Romero 15M-25M
Higuain - 5-10M since its River and they are not able to pay serious cash while the player has already been promised (probably).
Pjanic - 0 (Yeah I know they paid X and we paid Y but overall its about 10M difference in straight cash)
Muratore - 7M
Im sure there were others that we sold during the year but lets say it is it
Ramsey - Since he talked about if a good offer arrives, I wont count him as a sale.

Thats 35+10+60+40+20+10+50=225M in purchases
and 30+25+15+10+15+5+7= 107-127M in sales
Indeed it seems like about 50M of spending power will be decreased and Im afraid that the Zaniolo Pogba SMS Kante or any other expensive CM will not happen this year.
Hope we get a young CF who costs less but is gifted rather than Milik..

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Why? Who are you going to bench? Partey is nothing special in the offense. You have Bentancur who is not much worse defensively, Rabiot who is better offensively and Arthur to makes everything tick though rarely moves forward. We need a midfielder who can create something, Partey is not your man.
We need a defensive midfielder too. Look at how our defence is exposed all the time. A nice cover in the midfield would be great. Partey is so underrated. He wont be a fixed starter in every game, but he will be useful. And its not like he is only DM. He can pass and run with the ball. I think our midfield would be great with him around.

And he is waay better in defending than anyone in our midfield, including Bentancur.

Jun 16, 2020
Kulu is 35M IIRC
Arthur 10M
Zaniolo would cost around 60M
Boga shouldnt cost more than 40M
Locatelli 20M
Backup RB 10M
backup striker 50M

Costa 30M
Bernardeschi - 25-30M
Matuidi - 15M
Khedira - 0
MDS - 10M
Rugani/Romero 15M-25M
Higuain - 5-10M since its River and they are not able to pay serious cash while the player has already been promised (probably).
Pjanic - 0 (Yeah I know they paid X and we paid Y but overall its about 10M difference in straight cash)
Muratore - 7M
Im sure there were others that we sold during the year but lets say it is it
Ramsey - Since he talked about if a good offer arrives, I wont count him as a sale.

Thats 35+10+60+40+20+10+50=225M in purchases
and 30+25+15+10+15+5+7= 107-127M in sales
Indeed it seems like about 50M of spending power will be decreased and Im afraid that the Zaniolo Pogba SMS Kante or any other expensive CM will not happen this year.
Hope we get a young CF who costs less but is gifted rather than Milik..
Its not necessarily spending power:

Pjanic, 30, 6,5m - Arthur, 23, 5m
Rugani, 25, 3,5m - Romero, 22, 2m
Higuain, 32, 7,5m - Milik, 26, 5m
Bernardeschi, 26, 4m - Kulusevski, 20, 2,5m
Khedira, 33, 6m
Perin, 27, 2,3m
De Sciglio, 27, 3m - Some youth player
Pjaca, 25, 2m
Contract: Dybala from 7,3m increase to 12m
~42,1m net spend on those wages to ~26,5m net

So let’s say we used the money for Arthur with Pjanic and Muratore. Kulusevski got signed in january when Can, Han and Mandzukic left.

With a straight swap between Berna and Milik, we still have Pjaca, Higuaín, De Sciglio, Rugani and Perin to sell (and Costa, Matuidi, Ramsey but I doubt they’ll leave).

At this point we haven’t spent a euro and depending on our financial situation, there’s still a lot possible. But we’re (seemingly) doing good business with lowering the wages and average age. Less wages = more spending power imo.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Khedira, 33, 6m
Perin, 27, 2,3m
Pjaca, 25, 2m

So let’s say we used the money for Arthur with Pjanic and Muratore. Kulusevski got signed in january when Can, Han and Mandzukic left.

With a straight swap between Berna and Milik, we still have Pjaca, Higuaín, De Sciglio, Rugani and Perin to sell (and Costa, Matuidi, Ramsey but I doubt they’ll leave).

At this point we haven’t spent a euro and depending on our financial situation, there’s still a lot possible. But we’re (seemingly) doing good business with lowering the wages and average age. Less wages = more spending power imo.
That too

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
We need a defensive midfielder too. Look at how our defence is exposed all the time. A nice cover in the midfield would be great. Partey is so underrated. He wont be a fixed starter in every game, but he will be useful. And its not like he is only DM. He can pass and run with the ball. I think our midfield would be great with him around.

And he is waay better in defending than anyone in our midfield, including Bentancur.
Maybe, just maybe our defense is exposed because we play high-pressing, and our team is dead tired, and Dybala with CR are not the most pressing guys and AM plays defense-first, and they notoriously amazignly prepared physically.
And lol Partey is way better then Bentancur. Put Rodrigo in AM midfield and he'd outshine Saul.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
We concede because we’re desperately searching for more goals, we don’t allow ourself to kill the game of. Playing a style that doesn’t suit all of our players, while having some other mediocre/horrible out of form/overused players is costing us to much energy. Our lines become to stretched and spaces will open. It should be way easier to score, defend as a unit and wait for a nice moment to score again. Overall Sarri should change his mentality to winning at all costs, instead of scoring as much as possible, as it has been very clear that we’re no goal scoring machine. Defending as a unit is so important.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

Khedira, 33, 6m
Perin, 27, 2,3m
Pjaca, 25, 2m

Can, Han and Mandzukic left and filled the financial gap of 19-20. Kulusevski will be paid from the 20-21 budget as always for a summer transfer. It was simply announced earlier but that's it... So at this point we're 40+10 for the Arthur deal in red. And we're aren't even talking about the difficulties we'll have with offloading those massive salaries for useless duds... So if we can, it'll be possible but that's where I see problems, as usual...

Jun 16, 2020
Can, Han and Mandzukic left and filled the financial gap of 19-20. Kulusevski will be paid from the 20-21 budget as always for a summer transfer. It was simply announced earlier but that's it... So at this point we're 40+10 for the Arthur deal in red. And we're aren't even talking about the difficulties we'll have with offloading those massive salaries for useless duds... So if we can, it'll be possible but that's where I see problems, as usual...
Why do you think that? We signed him in the winter mercato and loaned him out to Parma. If we had agree to sign him after the loan it would be another story.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Maybe, just maybe our defense is exposed because we play high-pressing, and our team is dead tired, and Dybala with CR are not the most pressing guys and AM plays defense-first, and they notoriously amazignly prepared physically.
And lol Partey is way better then Bentancur. Put Rodrigo in AM midfield and he'd outshine Saul.
in defending, I was specific about that. :)

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
in defending, I was specific about that. :)
Even in defending. He is not waay better. He is stronger, Rodrigo needs to put some more weight, and Thomas can shoot. Though Rodrigo emerged this season as our go-to guy for corners and freekicks, there is no guarantee he can't improve his shooting.
I don't mind Parthey at all on a good deal, but we have no proper attacking mid, no RB, very thing at LB, CF. Defensive CM should be waay down in our priorities.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
If the plus cash component is minimal for a ramsey-jorginho swap then I actually think we should do it. Providing jorginho isn't the last midfield signing and the club is still aiming to bring in at least one more star midfielder. We get rid of an injury prone 400k pw salary midfielder and we get some depth in midfield. Right now we only have 3 midfielders. That is if matuidi khedira and ramsey all leave. So bringing in jorginho for rotation wouldnt be that bad.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Even in defending. He is not waay better. He is stronger, Rodrigo needs to put some more weight, and Thomas can shoot. Though Rodrigo emerged this season as our go-to guy for corners and freekicks, there is no guarantee he can't improve his shooting.
I don't mind Parthey at all on a good deal, but we have no proper attacking mid, no RB, very thing at LB, CF. Defensive CM should be waay down in our priorities.
You underrate Partey. He can be Matuidi replacement. He can run, defend, pass ans hold the ball. Matuidi can do just the first two.

And I agree about the last part. I would concentrate on Zaniolo as an attacking midfield + we have Kulu who I think will be huge. And we must get solid LB for rotation. I dont like Danilo but I think we wont get anyone on that RB position. Milik is also coming as a backup CF.

Partey - Arthur - Bentancur.
Zaniolo(Kulu) - Dybala - CR7

This would be balanced as hell.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
You underrate Partey. He can be Matuidi replacement. He can run, defend, pass ans hold the ball. Matuidi can do just the first two.

And I agree about the last part. I would concentrate on Zaniolo as an attacking midfield + we have Kulu who I think will be huge. And we must get solid LB for rotation. I dont like Danilo but I think we wont get anyone on that RB position. Milik is also coming as a backup CF.

Partey - Arthur - Bentancur.
Zaniolo(Kulu) - Dybala - CR7

This would be balanced as hell.
But we don't need Matuidi replacement, Rabiot who is currently our best player plays on the left. Tuz went nuts about how unimaginative our midfield was, wait to see what's Partey - Arthur - Bentancur offensive output is going to look like)

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
To many here are dreaming. Orgut your prices are way off. Khedira and Higuan will go for free.
It will be very hard to sell Berna. Free swap Milik - Berna will not happen. DL will never pay Berna's wages and Milik will cost money + Berna will put his foot down, he will probably stay. Napoli does not want Rugani, there is a possibility for Romero.I see only possible swap Rugani- Under. But if Romero goes Rugani stays.
Juventus is in bad financial state if the only one we can buy is Milik as # 9 , worthless again yesterday against Inter.. So we can forget expensive players.
Matuidi is staying. Costa 30 mil.? Let's hope City or PSG are stupid enough to make the deal. 60% of the time he is injured.
We need absolutely 2 things one RB - 2 One good midfielder. If Paratici and Nedved are a little intelligent , that is what they do. I hope they buy De Paul ( experience and talent ) over Locatelli and Udinese will swap. De Paul was fantastic and do not tell he comes from little team. He plays constantly with Argentina.
Then at least we have Bentancur, Robiot, Arthur, De Paul, and yes Matuidi. Kulusevski can play on the right wing ( best position) or trequartista.
My information comes from different sites and my own opinion

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
But we don't need Matuidi replacement, Rabiot who is currently our best player plays on the left. Tuz went nuts about how unimaginative our midfield was, wait to see what's Partey - Arthur - Bentancur offensive output is going to look like)
I was also sugesting we are getting Zaniolo who will bring a lot in the attack.

I see what you are saying, and I kinda agree. My dream signing would be SMS, but since that isnt happening, Id rather go for Partey then Jorginho. Just wait till you see Artur - Jorginho - Bentancur. You will see how missed someone like Partey is in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)