Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Roma are reportedly struggling to find a viable solution to sign Chris Smalling from Manchester United, who don’t seem willing to negotiate the €20m price tag.
The Red Devils have been firm in their stance on the English centre-back, who has previously admitted he wants to stay in the Italian capital.
But the 30-year-old defender’s permanent move to the Olimpico looks to fade, as Roma aren’t willing to meet the option to buy set on €20m last summer.

They can have Rugani for 15m+bonus.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Since Fonseca plays 3 man defense, it'd make more sense for Rugani. IMO he always performed better in a back 3. Roma had the same thing with Mancini, another one that struggles when playing 4 at the back.

Hopefully we can sell, even 15m sounds like a steal.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
If he didn't make 3.5M net he would have a decent market with teams like Lazio, Fiorentina, etc.

It will be extremely hard to get rid of him, as with De Sciglio, Khedira, Bernardeschi. These guys won't leave money on the table, as they should.

Paratici will have to pool a few miracles this summer.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
thanks for that. odd to see so many places have different numbers.

i am also raging knowing that DS makes same amount as cuadrado. khedira also makes more that cuadrado.

2 players eanring so much and not even being available as a bench option. sellllllllll

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Paratici is interested in plusvaleza and desperate for reducing the wage bill. Remember, the wage structure was already disproportional before COVID-19. Also, I'm thinking Sarri stays, and they will make some effort to bring players he likes/is familiar with.

So, we have to work with 3 premises:

1 - they will consider Sarri's preferences when signing players;
2 - they will only sign a player if another player leave;
3 - it will be tough as hell to get rid of these shit players. They are all old or grossly overpaid.

So even if I think we really should offload a bunch of players, I expect not many to leave - and, therefore, not many to come.

These guys will leave only with big buonuscitas (Khedira, Matuidi, Higuain) or if the receiveing club is helped with salaries (loan - Rugani, De Sciglio, maybe even Bernardeschi). But come on, loaning De Sciglio out is pointless. Just let his contract run out (2022).

Other washed veterans like Ramsey and Costa probably won't accept the level of clubs that would be interested and that can afford them (I"m talking about USA, China, mid level EPL). So I think they continue.

Conclusion: even if a lot of players should leave, just a little will. I'd guess Rugani, Khedira, Higuain.

Paratici will look for plusvalenza opportunities with other players like a madman, though. Alex Sandro and Douglas Costa are prime targets. I think he'll find the way to cash in the first, while bringing a well known Sarri player. With Costa, only god knows.

This is the team the pessimist in me predicts:

Scz
Cuadrado - De Ligt - Bonucci - Emerson Palmieri (on loan - if fit)
Jorginho (exchange for Alex Sandro + some)
Artur - Bentancour
Kulusevski
Dybala- Ronaldo

Bench: Buffon, Danilo, Demiral, Chiellini, De Sciglio (if fit), Rabiot, Matuidi, Ramsey (if fit), Costa, Milik (exchange for Berna)

I wouldn't expect much better than that...

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Thomas Partey has a release clause of 50m. I just remember how he bossed the midfield when he played us. Not sure if he's the type of midfielder we're looking for.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Barcelona are still interested in signing De Sciglio, who could be available for €10m. There have been contacts in the last few days. Luca Pellegrini could replace him. (Tmw)

Shitty source but it's a very happy rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)