Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (124 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
And preferably young ones too.

I’m tired of us buying nearly 30 year old midfielders that turn into deadwood within a season or two (Matuidi, Khedira, Ramsey).
Agree completely. Not saying that Locatelli "should" be a starter, that will be up to him and his progress. But what I am saying is there are perfectly fine Italian CMs (or CMs in Italy) we can purchase and still improve our midfield. It shouldn't be hard to improve over those 3 you mentioned anyway.

Locatelli makes perfect sense for the future (or now). Seems to be progressing nicely and is a pretty big reason why Sassuolo are playing good football and doing well for a club of its size. Really makes you see how much a team's potential can be reached when its midfield is operating nicely.

That said, we are lucky to have an Allstar attack to pick up the pieces our midfield leaves us with.

We really need another Marchisio type of CM. Not flashy but does all the simple things well. The well greased gear that makes the engine tick with minimal hiccups.

Jun 16, 2020
Locatelli will be 23 next season, everybody knows the qualities of Matuidi and Khedira and yet they’re still saying ‘he needs another year at Sassuolo.’ Please Paratici stop this bullshit. Old Italian mentality that got us in problems.

And make something happen Paratici, a month since Arthur and by now the wait is getting annoying.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Agree completely. Not saying that Locatelli "should" be a starter, that will be up to him and his progress. But what I am saying is there are perfectly fine Italian CMs (or CMs in Italy) we can purchase and still improve our midfield. It shouldn't be hard to improve over those 3 you mentioned anyway.

Locatelli makes perfect sense for the future (or now). Seems to be progressing nicely and is a pretty big reason why Sassuolo are playing good football and doing well for a club of its size. Really makes you see how much a team's potential can be reached when its midfield is operating nicely.

That said, we are lucky to have an Allstar attack to pick up the pieces our midfield leaves us with.

We really need another Marchisio type of CM. Not flashy but does all the simple things well. The well greased gear that makes the engine tick with minimal hiccups.
ok then let's bring Tonali,Zaniolo,Verratti + Locatelli and Pellegrini and make it full italian :D

if possible I'd honestly go for Kantè even if is close to 30 ;( he would be monumental infront of our defense leaving offensive midfields on his flanks.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
ok then let's bring Tonali,Zaniolo,Verratti + Locatelli and Pellegrini and make it full italian :D

if possible I'd honestly go for Kantè even if is close to 30 ;( he would be monumental infront of our defense leaving offensive midfields on his flanks.
Doesn't matter to me: all four Italian CMs are still better than Sami, Matuidi, Ramsey, and probably Bentancur. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Locatelli will be 23 next season, everybody knows the qualities of Matuidi and Khedira and yet they’re still saying ‘he needs another year at Sassuolo.’ Please Paratici stop this bullshit. Old Italian mentality that got us in problems.

And make something happen Paratici, a month since Arthur and by now the wait is getting annoying.
We played Pogba & Bentancur at young ages so I don't see why we don't continue that trend. I agree. It seems like the club would rather save a couple million to allow a player to stay another season than bring them here sooner.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Doesn't matter to me: all four Italian CMs are still better than Sami, Matuidi, Ramsey, and probably Bentancur. :p
Well man that's no contest. I mean Khedira is a done player since a year or more. Matuidi has the engine but that's it. Ramsey is always broken and can't play more than 15mins per game like Douglas Costa.
Bentancur is good I wouldn't drop him if possible

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
England past couple years are filled with high level youth talents. Almost France level. Dominated all youth levels. Kinda unusual of them to go overseas as much as they have tho since Sancho.
Yeah it's a pretty ballsy move from the kid tbh. But even if he looks at Mavididi, who was never going to be good enough to play for Juve, he's ended up at a decent Ligue 1 side. At least Iling could potentially be better - he is considered one of the better players that age in a stacked Chelsea youth system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)