Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (128 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2020
Fully agreed @U Picciriddu (btw welcome to the forum, easily the best newcomer of the year), but this is Juventus, I'll believe it until I see it. We been notorious at ignoring/not giving chances or showing inability in producing enough quality youth for our senior team (bizzare compared to post top clubs, and ironic considering the meaning of our name).

I been praying to some more developing youngsters in our team since 19 year old Tacchinardi (cant say Del Piero, since he was a star off the bat lol), so been on the hype train for each emerging sign of us doing that (everything from Rigonis, Gasbarronis, Palladinos, Chiumentos, I latched into at first lol). But has been dissapointed in almost all attempts of it except Marchisio, and Chiellini (if you count him, since he joined at 19-20).

Us having 5 youth players in the squad so far feels like a show, I'm not gonna bother paying until until they get minutes. It feels like they are on the bench simply because the league now allows 13 players on bench lol. These kids would just sit on the stands, instead of bench now, if it was like before. We need to produce more Keans (that we kean), youth players that are considering ready enough talents that they immediately get playing minutes in the senior team, considering serious candidates to be in the squad, instead of hang-arounds soaking up pressure (and sorry if I'm not that excited about Muratore type cases, at 22, you shouldnt be hoping to get 5 minute cameo in a full season, you should be part of the squad or just not at all, you are not a kid anymore).

Lets hope we see something more tangible coming up soon, and that U23's new ways to interlink the academy with senior team has nice improving effect to open the door to the youth. Maybe Fagioli next? Portanova? Or Ranocchia that JuveJay likes so much. I dont watch the youth team like you two, I'm just going off name recognition.
Thanks.
Yes they shouldn’t ride the bench just for the sake of it. That’s very true.

And Marchisio (+Giovinco and De Ceglie), we probably never knew if didn’t went in Serie B, what a bad track record regarding our own youth players..

Anyway what I’m saying is based on some interviews I saw from Paratici and some other articles. With the investment, Pirlo, U23 etc I feel optimistic, but what you’re saying is right we’ve never been a club that grows their own talents. Usually we buy the best players in Serie A. Hopefully we’ll change this mentality as it’s very frustrating to see players like De Sciglio and on the other side very exciting to see a primavera player. If they don’t have the right skills they’re always easy to sell and we’ll make a profit.

Muratore I also didn’t like btw, I used him as a plusvalenza example. Riding the bench for a half year and playing at U23 apparently gives such players already a value of 8m, thats a lot imo.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dont say Giovinco's name around me :( was really big fan, it all went started off so amazingly promising (debute in B, Empoli, Parma loan, first Juve season of assisting like a master), but went so wrong and broke my heart :( I used to Watch Azzurrini and Empoli games religiously for him. Marchisio was good, but he was just the side dish, and Gio the whole show in all these games (used to make Aquafresca look legit in azzurrini lol). Such a creatively natural talent. Still dont fully get how it went so bad (maybe when he was conditioned to become more of a scorer intead of playmaker, or just not mentally up to it).

I get the sense of tunes changing about the youth focus, so I get your optimism in that sense. But been burnt too long after 26 years of fandom, so I really just wanna see it put to action first (U23 is very promising first step, but senior team needs to be a tangible and seriously attainable target, not just strictly passing through to be plusvalenzad). I couldnt care less if they wanna use the not good enough Muratores as easy slow cash cow trading pieces.

But how about you produce few more Marchisio's for once. And yeah you defenitely right, without serie b demotion, odds are his and probably Chiellinis career would taken a wrong turn...Because we probably been too impatient to give the chance he/they were forced to get because of those circumstances.

It shouldnt be that challenging, Inter, Milan, Roma are capable to create squad players for themselves in more consistent basis.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I mean, not a fan of both of them. but they are supposed to be back up strikers. How much better do you expect them to be?

The only concern I have is how much money we are gonna dump on them.
I think we should look for a main striker to replace Higuain. Im not convinced by Dybala as false 9, not because he is doing it wrong, as we can see he is doing the most he can do with the situation in the team and scoring goals...... but the problem is that you can see he struggles with his back to goal and with the defenders sniffing his neck. Dybala thrives with having some space coming from the right or outside the area. There he can start his plays and finish chances when needed. But forcing him to dug it out with central defenders and with his back yo goal, is not optimal IMO. Right now, everyone is trying to mark him.

Also we lose the opportunity for crosses and thats a big problem we have right now. Its like the total opposite of allegri which is also bad. There must be a balance

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Dont say Giovinco's name around me :( was really big fan, it all went started off so amazingly promising (debute in B, Empoli, Parma loan, first Juve season of assisting like a master), but went so wrong and broke my heart :( I used to Watch Azzurrini and Empoli games religiously for him. Marchisio was good, but he was just the side dish, and Gio the whole show in all these games (used to make Aquafresca look legit in azzurrini lol). Such a creatively natural talent. Still dont fully get how it went so bad (maybe when he was conditioned to become more of a scorer intead of playmaker, or just not mentally up to it).

I get the sense of tunes changing about the youth focus, so I get your optimism in that sense. But been burnt too long after 26 years of fandom, so I really just wanna see it put to action first (U23 is very promising first step, but senior team needs to be a tangible and seriously attainable target, not just strictly passing through to be plusvalenzad). I couldnt care less if they wanna use the not good enough Muratores as easy slow cash cow trading pieces.

But how about you produce few more Marchisio's for once. And yeah you defenitely right, without serie b demotion, odds are his and probably Chiellinis career would taken a wrong turn...Because we probably been too impatient to give the chance he/they were forced to get because of those circumstances.

It shouldnt be that challenging, Inter, Milan, Roma are capable to create squad players for themselves in more consistent basis.
When Gio was all about assisting he was amazing. Then he ruined himself by wanting to be a striker

Boksic

May 11, 2005
We’ve had good luck with Argentinian’s in recent history. Tevez and Dybala were phenomenal signings. Higuain was also a good signing despite his price tag.

I wouldn’t mind De Paul here.
De Paul is a good player but I think his lack of pace would hold him back in moving to a top club. For free as a backup then I'd happily take him. But would be disappointed if he was the standard we signed to strengthen our midfield.

Juve_newbie

Jan 11, 2017
Giovinco will never thrive in modern football. The main problem is not mentality but rather physical aspect. He is too light-weight. I remember his height is 160-165cm and he weights onyl 60kg. He is easily pushed over by any decent defender who has sufficient pace. And he doesn't have enough technique to compensate for his lacks of physicality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 118)