Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Signing Milik or Lacazette to me is like us signing Bendtner at the time. Actually it is even worse as at least we didnt pay buckets of cash to get him..

Seriously I do nott understand this crappy links - Its like we dont want to improve.

People need to stop with the hyperhole, not ideal targets (injuries with one, age other), but Milik healthy scores 16-18 league goals, Lacazette around same. And these are guys who are looked at only backup roles.

Bendtner was a joke just like a 1-2 into his senior career (the eternal young talent that lacked....talent), let alone by the time we got him, just a meme player passing through.

Milik and Lacazette shit on him in every way.

Eros

Jun 14, 2019
I hate CR7 but I do admit he's a great player and a damn good athlete keeping it strong at 35 years old. BUT, some Juventini are right that everything is built around him. Ffs, we were closer to the CL title while we had Mandzukic and Higuain in attack and Tevez and Morata beforehand. :think:

1 player will not win you a CL title. Even if his name is CR7.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: :vdp:
A 35 year old Ronaldo is still a bigger threat to defenses than the Higuaín/Manbro combo. Even though he had a rather average showing that day along with Allegri’s stubbornness to start Khedira(while Marchisio was available and did really well in the semis vs Monaco) cost Juve the CL title in ‘17. So yes, that’s why he’s here- Juve’s all in gamble to win the CL.

As for the September transfer window, sell if possible Ramsey, Berna and Khedira. With Arthur already a done deal, Partey and Tonali/Sensi would be the best signings. That is how you overhaul this crap midfield and keep competitive in Europe(no offense to Serie A).

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
People need to stop with the hyperhole, not ideal targets (injuries with one, age other), but Milik healthy scores 16-18 league goals, Lacazette around same. And these are guys who are looked at only backup roles.

Bendtner was a joke just like a 1-2 into his senior career (the eternal young talent that lacked....talent), let alone by the time we got him, just a meme player passing through.

Milik and Lacazette shit on him in every way.
Ofcourse they are miles ahead of that Bendtner..
Bendtner was free though.. he didnt cost 50M...
For 50M I rather we take a gamble on some Brazillian Argentinian or some other nation that can produce a talented player.
If we want a physical one despite of his age I rather sign Zapata than Milik... and I rate Zapata lower than most of you..

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ofcourse they are miles ahead of that Bendtner..
Bendtner was free though.. he didnt cost 50M...
For 50M I rather we take a gamble on some Brazillian Argentinian or some other nation that can produce a talented player.
If we want a physical one despite of his age I rather sign Zapata than Milik... and I rate Zapata lower than most of you..

How about you say this instead (which I dont disagree with, depending on the skill level of said random south american/any nationality talents). Instead of absolute BS like Bendtner?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I hate CR7 but I do admit he's a great player and a damn good athlete keeping it strong at 35 years old. BUT, some Juventini are right that everything is built around him. Ffs, we were closer to the CL title while we had Mandzukic and Higuain in attack and Tevez and Morata beforehand. :think:

1 player will not win you a CL title. Even if his name is CR7.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: :vdp:
Ronaldo is definitely special but the team is important and not one individual.
There are Zidane oinks now so if he gets here he might be able to influence the team to look for the best option and not just Ronaldo.
If that happens we will be far better as Ronaldo in a team game is one of the best to have.
Otherwise its team over Ronaldo for me

- - - Updated - - -

How about you say this instead (which I dont disagree with, depending on the skill level of said random south american/any nationality talents). Instead of absolute BS like Bendtner?
The deal is bad!
And I rather have a shit player that dont cost anything and be able to use the money better. This is why I mentioned Bendtner as he is the shitty player who cost nothing..

I wasnt talking about ideal scenario.. I was just saying that even nothing is a better option than to spend cash on these two average players..

Best scenario is 80M-100M for Pogba or SMS
Sell young players to raise cash and use one in cash+player for Zaniolo.
Higuain will leave and we will have to replace him - If we are looking for a physical player - Im sure there are some who cost half that amount..

As for income - We sold some players and we still have Romero who will can sell as well.
Bernardeschi Khedira Matuidi can go and while Matuidi is known to be wanted by Lyon, Bernardeschi could be used in exchange for these two while we offer to pay part of the wage if needed and Khedira can go on a free transfer just to clean the wage bill.
Promote one little Juventini to our first team as a sub and we are done.

RB? Well of course I would have liked one but thats enough of spending as it is..

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That makes no sense @Orgut , you rather have shit players who cost nothing (we not giving salaries now?), instead of /mediocre/decent/good players who "cost too much"? Are you the clubs accountant? The later will be way more useful, despite having flaws/drawbacks (financially or otherwise). The shit player is shit for a reason, never ever accept absolute shit players just for fiscal reasons, thats just defeatism. I dont get this rationale.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
That makes no sense @Orgut , you rather have shit players who cost nothing (we not giving salaries now?), instead of /mediocre/decent/good players who "cost too much"? Are you the clubs accountant? The later will be way more useful, despite having flaws/drawbacks (financially or otherwise). The shit player is shit for a reason, never ever accept absolute shit players just for fiscal reasons, thats just defeatism. I dont get this rationale.
:agree: I never want to go back to the days of Bendtner, Osvaldo, and Borriello.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Milinkovic-Savic would like to leave Lazio at the end of the season. The most favorite destination seems to be PSG for a figure almost €80m but Juventus could also make an attempt for him: Bernardeschi + €40m or Rugani + 40million euros (TJ)

Jun 16, 2020
Those players who don’t cost anything and don’t add anything should make room for our youth players. We should definitely stop having a 6th choice player who doesn’t have any resale value and meanwhile gets 10 times the salary that any U23/U19 player gets. Perhaps even more.

The only 6th choice players that can stay are highly influential players like Barzagli, Buffon etc who have a important role behind the scenes.

Also from a business point of view it would be a lot better to introduce more youth players, as we’ve seen with Kean and Muratore. I’m optimistic tho because I’ve been reading multiple times that we’ll go to a system with a least 5 primavera players in the squad (we’re actually already doing that), but they should also get some time on the pitch.

And we’ve got a lot of nice players in the primavera.

Lets take De Sciglio for example, 3th choice on both positions, 3m salary a year and costed 12m. Played a grand total of 650 minutes this year, always injured and Sarri is to scared to bench Sandro or Cuadrado in the more difficult games. Better said he doesn’t add anything, didn’t rise in value, he just caused everyone headache. Meanwhile we have 3 nice leftbacks in the primavera (Coccolo, Ntenda and Anzolin) who at least could’ve made their debut, rise in value and gave Sandro some rest in the easy games.

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Those players who don’t cost anything and don’t add anything should make room for our youth players. We should definitely stop having a 6th choice player who doesn’t have any resale value and meanwhile gets 10 times the salary that any U23/U19 player gets. Perhaps even more.

The only 6th choice players that can stay are highly influential players like Barzagli, Buffon etc who have a important role behind the scenes.

Also from a business point of view it would be a lot better to introduce more youth players, as we’ve seen with Kean and Muratore. I’m optimistic tho because I’ve been reading multiple times that we’ll go to a system with a least 5 primavera players in the squad (we’re actually already doing that), but they should also get some time on the pitch.

And we’ve got a lot of nice players in the primavera.

Lets take De Sciglio for example, 3th choice on both positions, 3m salary a year and costed 12m. Played a grand total of 650 minutes this year, always injured and Sarri is to scared to bench Sandro or Cuadrado in the more difficult games. Better said he doesn’t add anything, didn’t rise in value, he just caused everyone headache. Meanwhile we have 3 nice leftbacks in the primavera (Coccolo, Ntenda and Anzolin) who at least could’ve made their debut, rise in value and gave Sandro some rest in the easy games.
As for the useless players to make room - Yeah I agree.
I dont want us to sign a Bendtner but I dont want us to spend 50M on some player who will offer nothing spectacular. For unspectacular things we can get player at a much cheaper rate or even promote a young player if he is good enough for a bench role.

MDS - If we sell him then I agree we can promote someone (maybe even get our loaned Pallegrini back)
As for our current setup - its better to use him and be able to sell him than use a youngster who wont be as good (even if MDS is nothing special)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Fully agreed @U Picciriddu (btw welcome to the forum, easily the best newcomer of the year), but this is Juventus, I'll believe it until I see it. We been notorious at ignoring/not giving chances or showing inability in producing enough quality youth for our senior team (bizzare compared to post top clubs, and ironic considering the meaning of our name).

I been praying to some more developing youngsters in our team since 19 year old Tacchinardi (cant say Del Piero, since he was a star off the bat lol), so been on the hype train for each emerging sign of us doing that (everything from Rigonis, Gasbarronis, Palladinos, Chiumentos, I latched into at first lol). But has been dissapointed in almost all attempts of it except Marchisio, and Chiellini (if you count him, since he joined at 19-20).

Us having 5 youth players in the squad so far feels like a show, I'm not gonna bother paying until until they get minutes. It feels like they are on the bench simply because the league now allows 13 players on bench lol. These kids would just sit on the stands, instead of bench now, if it was like before. We need to produce more Keans (that we kean), youth players that are considering ready enough talents that they immediately get playing minutes in the senior team, considering serious candidates to be in the squad, instead of hang-arounds soaking up pressure (and sorry if I'm not that excited about Muratore type cases, at 22, you shouldnt be hoping to get 5 minute cameo in a full season, you should be part of the squad or just not at all, you are not a kid anymore).

Lets hope we see something more tangible coming up soon, and that U23's new ways to interlink the academy with senior team has nice improving effect to open the door to the youth. Maybe Fagioli next? Portanova? Or Ranocchia that JuveJay likes so much. I dont watch the youth team like you two, I'm just going off name recognition.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Its nice to see he is only plan B but the problem is plan A really sucks..

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but he was a free garbage..
Kinda agree. The only way this makes sense is if we give them burnurtdeski and some spare change. To me burnurtdeski isn't worth even 15 mil. let alone the sum we payed for him.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Samardzic seems like a great talent. Hope that we will sign him.

Kulusevski, Zaniolo and Samardzic all seem to have the same kind of profile. All strong, big (all at least 1,85m) and technical players.

Last year in CL I felt that a very direct attacking strategy pays off a lot. These players are suited for that kind of style (as are Ronaldo and Bentancur). Dybala and Arthur a bit less, but they can provide balance to the attack or midfield with different characteristics. The tiki-taka days on the big stage are kind of over, and they’re not in our DNA anyway. I remember us playing the same kind of football at the beginning of this millennium, or in general more big teams in Europe, but correct me if I’m wrong.
Samardzic is 1.84m. Aside from that, I like your point ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)