Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Duvan Zapata is amongst the targets to replace Higuain next season - The Bianconeri like the player for his physical strength & construction qualities, with the right expense, he could land in Turin at the end of the season. [Gazzetta]

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Boga? More of a scoring winger and threat so needs to play from the left. He has the speed and skill to play as an orthodox winger in theory, but it's kind of a waste.

Having Boga and Kulu/DC double threat plus Cuadrado crossing gives options we don't have enough of.
:grin:

- - - Updated - - -

Duvan Zapata is amongst the targets to replace Higuain next season - The Bianconeri like the player for his physical strength & construction qualities, with the right expense, he could land in Turin at the end of the season. [Gazzetta]
They heard my plea :tuttosport:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
But really he is very slow and again we need box to box midfielders
He is a box-to-box midfielder. Just a less skilled Bentancur, that's how he plays in Sassuolo.

No, he's not Kevin de Bruyne.

1594650056599.png

1594650094448.png

1594650150264.png

It's true that he's not that fast, but his size helps him running past players and he has a decent 20 yard shift. He also would need to release the ball a lot quicker playing for a top team.

This role would probably have gone to Mandragora if he hadn't got seriously injured. Can think of worse options, but it depends on price.

I'm sure there are those holding out hope for Pogba or SMS or some other fantasy transfer but like @Xperd I think CM is done after we sign a Bentancur alternative, as we won't be able to move Khedira or Ramsey until next summer, both will inevitably be injured for long spells, and there will still be Rabiot and Matuidi here next season.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
locatelli is a key player of a respectable serie a side for two years now, and he's only 22. i won't label him a shit player just because milan sold him. they're stupid as fuck anyways.

yes, he's not super fast, but kid is composed, can play great through balls and he can actually tackle.

and he missed only one game due to injury acc to transfermarkt

i guess he'd earn around 2.5m here. we have benchwarmers with 7m.

i don't mind him as a backup player

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
7m net for benchwarmers isn't sustainable though
Well, you can blame the dipshit who gave them that kind of money in the first place - pathetic really.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol if you think Arthur, Bentancur, Rabiot won't be our regular CM next season :b81:
Not good enough. Underwhelming. A far cry from the team of just 4-5 seasons ago, but whatever. I digress. Fuck this shit.

Our midfield was arguably the best in Europe, rivaling that of the mighty Barca of Xavi and Iniesta. Now, look at it. We don't even have the best midfield in the division, and names like Locatelli, Arthur and Rabiot won't change that.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
locatelli is a key player of a respectable serie a side for two years now, and he's only 22. i won't label him a shit player just because milan sold him. they're stupid as fuck anyways.

yes, he's not super fast, but kid is composed, can play great through balls and he can actually tackle.

and he missed only one game due to injury acc to transfermarkt

i guess he'd earn around 2.5m here. we have benchwarmers with 7m.

i don't mind him as a backup player
All of our midfielders are backup players in terms of quality. Bentancur in a perfect world would be to (he has potential to be great). We should look after starting players not benchwarmers. Lets hope that Arthur is great and that Bentancur develops to a WC player, in a side like Juve we should have atleast 2 midfielders that are WC, no if he develops or lets hope.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
If we secure Locatelli and Boga, I think we're nearly done with our mercato IMO

All that will be left then is reinforcing our debth. Backup CF and backup fullback.
god i hope not. we still need a centre midfielder.

barca fans think arthur is wasted potential. kind of like how rugani or berna wasted theirs for us. at most i think he will be a depth player

would be great if berna and khedira are sold, and a someone like SMS is brought in. even jorginho would be a great fit for sarri

- - - Updated - - -

Lol if you think Arthur, Bentancur, Rabiot won't be our regular CM next season :b81:
arthur has troubles lasting full 90 mins according to barca fans. he gets tired out around 65-70th minute. kind of like khedira for us.

thats extremely worrying for a 24 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)