Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Scamacca was a Roma youth prodigy but he was probably a tad overrated bc he was 6 ft 4 (194 cms) at like 16 so he just bossed around the youth teams. They called him the new Zlatan at one point lol. He got signed by PSV bc he thought he could develop better there. Eventually signed by Sassuolo and has been on loans right now playing for Ascoli. 8 goals in 27 Serie B games this year. he's still only 21, but he if he doesn't make a leap soon, his window will be close.
Scamacca is 6'4" but he's not a Luca Toni or Graziano Pellè as you might expect from an Italian CF, he got called the new Zlatan because he does have good skill, speed and technique for his size. But yeah, he's strong in the air.

Much like Pinamonti, the jury is definitely out but that possible 3rd CF spot calls for a role player who will put everything into their performances and not complain. You want the Divock Origi (as shit as I think he is) equivalent.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The problem with him is he always try to add junk players into our system while being really tough on negotiation side. The guy also has a tendency to treat us as stepping stone for his players.
Well the other option is that De Ligt goes straight to Barca from Ajax.

Feb 25, 2020
Well the other option is that De Ligt goes straight to Barca from Ajax.
They were having financial problem and was focusing on bringing Neymar back. We got that opportunity and land De Ligt. Hopefully we could keep him here longer than Raiola expected, just like what Milan is doing with Donnarumma :)

Edit: Also, I didn't say we shouldn't deal with him, more like we should keep it at a controlled level.

Jul 13, 2010
so the strategy is to go after teams that has a shitty climate like valencia, barca, maybe arsenal, maybe spurs.
I'd take the Korean from Spurs and Aube from Arsenal, along with Torres from valencia to complete the moves

Apr 17, 2013
He was hot shit up until he joined Genoa for €18m. Rounded skill set, physically and mentally pretty strong, and has good feet and technique.

I don't think he'd ever score a lot but he is the kind of player who you can put across a front three and he doesn't look out of place with quality players. Who knows, he could even be part of a trade. Nothing surprises me now.

If you ask me he would be the sort of player Paratici would have been all over for years but could never buy as he was Inter's. They still have that buyback option but with the emergence of Esposito I don't see it happening.

In terms of his goals you'd have to look at other Italian strikers aged 20, 21, he's at least on par with Immobile and Belotti at the same age. By now Gilardino had scored 20+ goals for Parma in a season. Balotelli was also far superior at that age, but finished a few years later.
It's fake transfer to make a capital gain. He never valued 18 million. I suppose thath there is an agreement with inter to rebuy him a little more expensive, but I hope that fabio never pay more than 10 million for such a player.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dat dere realization that the backup list is actually more exciting than the main striker's one.

No its not, please explain to me how it is? I dont know the brasilian kaio jorge, but the two italian youngsters havent done anything in senior level to be excited about whatsoever. Auba is a legit top top striker, Jimenez is an emerging top quality striker, and would be nice rotation player. Milik is underwhelming due to all the injuries, but is legit proven at being a excellent backup striker for years now in Serie A, scoring regular good amount of goals off the bench (and he is just 5 years older then the two italian young strikers).

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Scamacca looked HYPE in the youth level, as other posters have said, the "Zlatan" was not just height, his very technical style while being a giant made the comparisons make sense. He was the striker I was most excited about it in the youth level.

He started in Serie B at like 18 after some adventures in the NL. Too many moves too soon imo. Probably better for a kid to stay home and play his youth in Roma. Then he got injured and lost a season iirc.

Now he had his full season in Serie B with 12 goals in league and coppa for Ascoli, relegation contender, and just turned 21. Good season, now is his time to consolidate and see if he can become the player people hoped (doubtful) or at least a proper Serie A striker. While his profile is ideal (tall and very technical), Juve is not the place for him and we would find little use. He needs to play and find his football. Sassuolo (they own him) is probably the right place.

Pinamonti is much more ready. Remember that Genoa is terrible and in turmoil. He has like 6 goals this season, and 5 last season with Frosinone. That's 2 full Serie A for a CF born in 99, it's not normal. Of course he isn't scoring at the needed rate for a top striker but as 19 and 20yo he already he showed he can actually play well at the Serie A level. He has the right movements and the right instincts. He is strong, fast, and plays like a proper CF. This is a player I would take as a sub to groom, that can already be useful and shows good projection. It's not an accident that he already goes for like 15 or 20m.

In the youth levels this is the CF class of Cutrone, Pinamonti, Scamacca, Kean. Usually 2 or 3 of them play together. Scamacca-Pinamonti was the pair for the U20 World Cup last year, and they got 3rd place.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's fake transfer to make a capital gain. He never valued 18 million. I suppose thath there is an agreement with inter to rebuy him a little more expensive, but I hope that fabio never pay more than 10 million for such a player.
Yeah that's true, it's false numbers, but he's not a bum.

€20m swap with Perin wouldn't even surprise.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Well wrong. He scored 4 goals at U20 World Cup that year where Italy got the 4th place. He would have definitely been called up for U23 Euro if it wasn't for his injury.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Scamacca is a bit of a prospect is he not? Big, athletic and has some technique. I've seen worse gambles.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is a bit of a prospect, but if Juve are going to get a 21 year old striker from Saussolo, it makes sense it would be someone playing and performing well enough there for Saussolo or teams at that level. Not someone stuck in Serie B loans. Are we supposed to give him playing time when not even Sassuolo are? Or he is just gonna be another random youngster to buy and move around for the books?

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
He is a bit of a prospect, but if Juve are going to get a 21 year old striker from Saussolo, it makes sense it would be someone playing and performing well enough there for Saussolo or teams at that level. Not someone stuck in Serie B loans. Are we supposed to give him playing time when not even Sassuolo are? Or he is just gonna be another random youngster to buy and move around for the books?
He seems like a Favilli/Cerri, where you want to get your hands on him and loan him. If he becomes something, great. If not, sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)