Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2020
dude you'd change my mind if we manage to sell Khedira,Matuidi,Higuain and Rabiot and replace them for better players.
not overpaying Arthur just to convince him getting here...
Selling Danilo somehow...
We won’t get rich from selling them, but seeing the wages drop would give us some space to breath. Other then that most transfers are payed in multiple installments, so I don’t think it’s an issue of having a lot of financial resources right now.

Perhaps I’m naive but I kinda feel we can pull this of this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Does he still have the 30m clausule? If yes, it is a no brainer.
He still has that contract, they’ve been negotiating for a new contact but as far as i know he didn’t signed anything yet. I’m all for Pellegrini.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve_newbie

Jan 11, 2017
I think our real problem right now is our disastrous quality of our youth academy. Our academy has not produce useful good talent since Marchisio, and that is 15 years ago. There are some real talents like Giovinco or Kean, but they have s**t mentality and waste their talent. If you see big clubs in Europe, all of them has produced quite a few useful players for first team squad, unlike us. Even worse, I didn't see any of our ex-youth player become good in Serie A for a long time.

In the era of high transfer fee right now, having some solid player come from youth academy will help club better focus the resource to better/high profile player in important position. We don't need them to be world class like Xavi, just solid enough to be reasonable backup. With our disastrous youth academy, we are in real disadvantage as we need to buy everyone from starters to backup, and with our not-so-great income, there will be hard for us to assemble a great squad

Jun 16, 2020
I think our real problem right now is our disastrous quality of our youth academy. Our academy has not produce useful good talent since Marchisio, and that is 15 years ago. There are some real talents like Giovinco or Kean, but they have s**t mentality and waste their talent. If you see big clubs in Europe, all of them has produced quite a few useful players for first team squad, unlike us. Even worse, I didn't see any of our ex-youth player become good in Serie A for a long time.

In the era of high transfer fee right now, having some solid player come from youth academy will help club better focus the resource to better/high profile player in important position. We don't need them to be world class like Xavi, just solid enough to be reasonable backup. With our disastrous youth academy, we are in real disadvantage as we need to buy everyone from starters to backup, and with our not-so-great income, there will be hard for us to assemble a great squad
@JuveJay

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Juventus will wait Arthur’s answer until Sunday. Total agreeement with Barca for a swap with Miralem Pjanic (4-years contract with a wages of €7,5M a year) + €10M. The brazilian player is evaluating Juve’s bid, that have offered 5-years contract (€5,2M a year). Arthur wants the best possible financial deal to join juventus.(Nicolo Schira)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Let's offer him a 5 year contract and get stuck with him. It's what we do. Not to mention another cunt is the least thing this team needs.
Why is he a cunt? He is a top striker who is versatile, works hard with excellent pressuring, good header, combination passer, nonstop runs wide and behind lines etc. Rarely injured and super reliable top scorer .Carries that shit Arsenal and is only true top player they have.

Who cares if he is flashy off the pitch, that's his life, it doesn't effect his excellent production on the pitch.

The issue with him would be age as 30 year old (turning 31), but if they thinking a stop gap option for 2 years before buying a young top striker later (haaland), he would be excellent choice. Salary demands might be an issue, but doubt transfer fee would be, his contract is going out.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Fuck this Arthur transfer. We should be focusing on getting 2 out of Castrovilli, Zaniolo, and Locatelli.
No. Not really. We should be getting one of those this summer. Only Zaniolo is Juve starting quality material. Lolcatelli is, at best, a useful utility player off the bench, and as much as I love Castrovilli, he shouldn't be a starter for Juventus. We need two starters in midfield. Unfortunately, it seems the Barca reject Lolzilian is going to be one of them - now, we need to find another.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventus will wait Arthur’s answer until Sunday. Total agreeement with Barca for a swap with Miralem Pjanic (4-years contract with a wages of €7,5M a year) + €10M. The brazilian player is evaluating Juve’s bid, that have offered 5-years contract (€5,2M a year). Arthur wants the best possible financial deal to join juventus.(Nicolo Schira)
Greedy cunt, but it's on us. We reek of desperation, falling just short of sucking that Lolzilian's micro penis.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Why is he a cunt? He is a top striker who is versatile, works hard with excellent pressuring, good header, combination passer, nonstop runs wide and behind lines etc. Rarely injured and super reliable top scorer .Carries that shit Arsenal and is only true top player they have.

Who cares if he is flashy off the pitch, that's his life, it doesn't effect his excellent production on the pitch.

The issue with him would be age as 30 year old (turning 31), but if they thinking a stop gap option for 2 years before buying a young top striker later (haaland), he would be excellent choice. Salary demands might be an issue, but doubt transfer fee would be, his contract is going out.
He puts in the numbers, there is no disagreeing here, but the professional part isn't entirely true. Dortmund suspended him several times for disciplinary reasons like missing training. Acted a bit better than Dembele when he wanted out, but not by much.

Biggest worry still is the possible duration of his contract. Chances are he won't sign a 2 or 3 year one at this point in his career. You just know we are going to have trouble loading him off when the times comes.

Fair enough you like them goofy players, i don't. I prefer quiet workers to clowns wearing feather jackets.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

And after two years, we'd be stuck with him a la Higuain and unable to sell. He's not going to come if we offer him a 2 year contract, and a 4 year deal is too much for him at this point.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
yeah, @Osman do you think he'd sign a 2-year contract? otherwise as dai and b81 said, we're stuck with him. just look at our brilliant ability to move our over 30 players on high wages. any similar deal screams unsellable.

these deals with old, overpaid, unsellable payers must be the main reason the club allegedly introduced a 5m net salary cap. (too bad our first signing will violate our own rule, but hey, it's arthur, he's probably worth it.)

Jun 7, 2003

They have Özil

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Meh what's with being invasive prudes when it comes to players, aslong as they professional (I never heard about missed trainings, he been exemplary in Arsenal), and perform on the pitch, I dont care what they do off the pitch, its football not the culture police. Whenever I see him for arsenal he works the hardest of all.

You would probably say the same about Firmino because of his dumb outfits off the pitch, but on the pitch he is the perfect teammate.

But defenitely agree about contract length, aslong it's not longer than 2-3 years its ideal for us because he is immediate top quality. Considering his lack of option from biggiest clubs it might be doable negotiate down contract length.

This is ofcourse just as stop gap idea, because push comes to shove we shouldnt sign 30 year olds. I'm as wary signing 29 year old Jimenez (who is nowhere near Aubas quality).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
yeah, @Osman do you think he'd sign a 2-year contract? otherwise as dai and b81 said, we're stuck with him. just look at our brilliant ability to move our over 30 players on high wages. any similar deal screams unsellable.

these deals with old, overpaid, unsellable payers must be the main reason the club allegedly introduced a 5m net salary cap. (too bad our first signing will violate our own rule, but hey, it's arthur, he's probably worth it.)
It's all hypothetical, if he would accept 2 or 3 year contract get him, if not say bye felicia. Dani alves left because he wanted longer then 1-2 year contract and club said no.

It's a defenite no for 5 year old contract. Not everyone is a Ronaldo in terms of fitness, tho this dude moves like a gazelle and works really hard, but I would defenitely not risk it still.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)