Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (86 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If we sign Aouar I hope Im wrong about the guy and he becomes the next big thing in our midfield but I really think he isnt as good as people make him (He is a great player but not as amazing as being said).
Lets say I rather have our other midfield targets rather than him (although I would rather him than Jorginho..)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If we sign Aouar I hope Im wrong about the guy and he becomes the next big thing in our midfield but I really think he isnt as good as people make him (He is a great player but not as amazing as being said).
Lets say I rather have our other midfield targets rather than him (although I would rather him than Jorginho..)
If he is a great player what more do you need.

And the dude virtually has no hype.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ronaldo--Dybala--Kulu
Boga--Cavani--Cuads

Tonali--Bentancur--Zaniolo
Matuidi--Rabiot--Ramsey

AS--Bon--MDL--Danilo
Pellegrini--Chiello--Demiral--Cuads

Scz
Gigi

would u do it?
Where's the improvement?

You want to hand the midfield reins to a bunch of kids, one of whom recently suffered an ACL injury? :howler:

Oh, and your backups are a guy who can't control the ball, a terminally injured specimen, and a moody faggot? :rofl:

Danilo is still a starter? Fuck that shit. So, you compromised the midfield and Danilo is still a starter. No notable improvements in defense.

The attack, with Kulu as a starter might have actually gotten worse. You want to sell Costa and start Kulu? Getting rid of Higuain for a Cavani in the twilight of his career with nothing to prove? Sideways move at best. The only decent addition in that attacking department is Boga, and he's still young and raw at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't do anything. The poster above called Mark a shitty journalist tho
It's ok. He's special needs. We allow him to spaz and spew his BS on a daily basis lest he throw temper tantrums and inflict harm on himself and others.

- - - Updated - - -

He’s so mature for his age, great composure great technique, I would see him in our jersey. He’s the opposite of Rabiot. I would also sign him over Tonali.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Especially if the going price is practically the same. He is performing for a top Ligue 1 club, playing in the CL and putting in solid performances, and probably on his way to becoming a player for the French national team.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Actually Cavani instead of Higauin might be an improvement BC81. He is a better target man, more of a hard worker, moves off the ball well wide and in the channels, and has more physical presence in the box. For a temporary solution he would be decent. Age is not ideal, but short term and him and Higauin same age.

For the rest, I agree, I dont see much of direct improvement there, we sign the top talents we need and an old CF backup, but squad in general missing that immediate upgrade.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Where's the improvement?

You want to hand the midfield reins to a bunch of kids, one of whom recently suffered an ACL injury? :howler:

Oh, and your backups are a guy who can't control the ball, a terminally injured specimen, and a moody faggot? :rofl:

Danilo is still a starter? Fuck that shit. So, you compromised the midfield and Danilo is still a starter. No notable improvements in defense.

The attack, with Kulu as a starter might have actually gotten worse. You want to sell Costa and start Kulu? Getting rid of Higuain for a Cavani in the twilight of his career with nothing to prove? Sideways move at best. The only decent addition in that attacking department is Boga, and he's still young and raw at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

It's ok. He's special needs. We allow him to spaz and spew his BS on a daily basis lest he throw temper tantrums and inflict harm on himself and others.
Lol

Do you think this is my dream mercato? I think you may be living in a fantasy where we get Pogba and another midfielder, a new winger and a new RB.

Khedira, Can, Matuidi and Pusillanimous Pjanic are no longer starting and that's not an improvement?

Yes I want to get rid of Costa because we dont get much use of him and he's not worth the wages we pay and the fee we can get for him.

If Higgy leaves, who would you get?

Let's see what ou can come up with, keeping the net spend less than 100M.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually Cavani instead of Higauin might be an improvement BC81. He is a better target man, more of a hard worker, moves off the ball well wide and in the channels, and has more physical presence in the box. For a temporary solution he would be decent. Age is not ideal, but short term and him and Higauin same age.

For the rest, I agree, I dont see much of direct improvement there, we sign the top talents we need and an old CF backup, but squad in general missing that immediate upgrade.
Unfortunately we have many plugs to fill. One big name alone won't do it

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Lol

Do you think this is my dream mercato? I think you may be living in a fantasy where we get Pogba and another midfielder, a new winger and a new RB.

Khedira, Can, Matuidi and Pusillanimous Pjanic are no longer starting and that's not an improvement?

Yes I want to get rid of Costa because we dont get much use of him and he's not worth the wages we pay and the fee we can get for him.
I'd just focus on the midfield and doing trades/swaps.

Pogba is very difficult but not impossible, especially if we sacrifice a couple of players.

The midfield you posted is interesting, but it's still raw. It's not a Juve level midfield yet. I'd also opt for Aouar over Tonali - he's more experiences and potentially a better player.

I would only sacrifice Costa in a trade, or if we're getting a nice cash component for him. Boga is a very interesting player, so I'll give you that. I don't see Kulu starting, but eventually he could be our upgrade on Burnturdeski.

I don't know what our budget is, nor do you. Let's not pretend our net spend is less than 100 million - it could be more and it could be less, depending on sales, trades and swaps.

My starting point would be selling deadwood and undesirables or trying to use them in trades/swaps. The players that must be disposed of are:

Rugani
De Sciglio
Burntudrdeski
Rabiot
Khedira or Matuidi but not both
Pjanic (for plusvalenza or a huge trade - not for Fagjinho)
Pjaca
Perin
Costa (if the conditions are appropriate)

Basically, all the Italian Jabronis and a couple of Stranieri.

I'd postpone acquiring Zaniolo to next season, and I'd keep Higgy.

Apr 29, 2006
Pogba comes here if he wants to come here. If he isn't sure, thinks about Zizou, wants a better salary or a career as a model - he can stay in Manchester and keep winning. He makes an effort with the main ambition of playing at a higher level and winning titles - welcome back beloved St. Paul #6.

Tonali is a big question mark. His price is high, but he is italian and has a very good chance of 'getting it' from the old guard. On the other hand Inter, Conte and 100M from Lautaro say big NO. I guess Sarri is the deciding factor here and it would have been a no-brainer had we acquired Zizou or Pep.

Aouar definitely yes. Juve bound 50+%. I guess Paratici is emulating Beppe and reading Trump's 'The Art of the Deal' now. I am worried about his 'winning big' the gm's war, but their bosses are friends, so its ok.

As for our budget I have a suspicion its a lot larger than some might think, but we have to offload so much deadwood that we best keep quiet or we'd have to golden parachute half of it.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
an injury prone, unprofessional cunt on a high wage taking a precious place in our already busy squad? completely unnecessary transfer.
All the injuries might have made him reconsider his attitude, and it takes hard work to get back on top. He's still very young, and obviously talented as fuck, so if he has understood what it takes he can be a beast. I think CR7 could take him under his wings and school him in hard work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)