Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (98 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Hes entering the last year of his contract and hes not signing a new one, he will leave for a lot less than his clause
Not if there's interest from different topclubs, which there is. 'though it's hard to predict what impact the current situation will have.

I remember a lot of failed attempts of Marotta & co. to sign a player that had a contract running down... Llorente for instance...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Not if there's interest from different topclubs, which there is. 'though it's hard to predict what impact the current situation will have.

I remember a lot of failed attempts of Marotta & co. to sign a player that had a contract running down... Llorente for instance...
Llorente isnt exactly the best example. Bilbao are a club based on strong principles who would rather lose a player for free than sell for anything short of the release clause

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Llorente isnt exactly the best example. Bilbao are a club based on strong principles who would rather lose a player for free than sell for anything short of the release clause
Let me rephrase; So you really believe Torres will leave for 45 mil while Real, Atletico, Man U, Bayern & Juve are interested in him?

Then I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
These names are not good enough. Just use Ronaldo there. Use the money on real wingers and B2B players and finally free us from the need to play Matuidi.

Milik #9, then Ronaldo wing and then, of course, Matuidi in the team to compensate? That's not good enough.

Just do LW-Ronaldo-Dybala (Use Dybala in the "Ronaldo" position as he runs more, it's more balanced).

And some matches just use Ronaldo-Dybala classic 4-4-2.

Or Ronaldo-Dybala 3-5-2

or even

4-3-1-2

Use the money on other positions. Whatever you think of Ronaldo as a #9, he's better than those names, so what's the point.
Most of the games it will be Ronaldo and Dybala together, in which case we need a 3rd striker for rotation, preferably with different characteristics to Ronaldo and Dybala, so I understand why someone like Milik would be interesting to us. However we still need a couple of wingers and b2b mids badly, so I hope it's not at the expense of them. I still think we should play winger-Ronaldo-winger in the biggest games

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Since early BVB days I knew Lewandowski would be a superstar and I wanted him in Juventus unlike some Belgians.

I can tell you one thing. Milik sucks.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
I don't hold any real weight in the names being mentioned (although i don't doubt that we REALLY want Icardi for some reason)
but its clear that we want a striker, why?, I'm not sure, i still think Cristiano's future is through the middle, and i believe that feeling will only get stronger as he gets older, if we decide top play with 2 up top then i think that's Dybala's best position ( ss in a partnership, as he was with Hig).

All in all not necessary, no point in getting a bum, but no point in splashing the cash when we have so many other priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)