Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (76 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I don't mind Matuidi as a squad option and recognise that he does offer something to the team in certain games.

But his ball winning and recovering is a bit of a misconception. He has less interceptions and tackles per game than Bentancur, Pjanic and Rabiot this season.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
I dont know what people want.. At least he is determined in his game contrary to our other midfielders... Unless we get a replacement who knows how to recover balls I dont think it would be that wise to ship him out..
That's why I place him below Khedira in my HAVE TO SELL LIST.
It's not that he doesn't give his all... it's just that he isn't good enough as starter. Sadly he has been a starter for us more then I wished to see

Apr 17, 2013
I dont know what people want.. At least he is determined in his game contrary to our other midfielders... Unless we get a replacement who knows how to recover balls I dont think it would be that wise to ship him out..
So the main quality of Matuidi is to have a professional behavior ? Your expectations are low. There must be players who have his characteristics and who know how to play football, I don't despair.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Chiesa left wing

Orsolini right wing
Both would be good but none are currently what we need (both are Italians and young and could develop)
What we need is another super player that can create some serious damage immediately!

Pogba could do it to our midfield hence making our mid and attack link up better
As for the wingers/forwards - We need someone who can create but he also needs to be a very dangerous goalscorer - We need a Robben (Hope Kulu proves himself right away although Im pretty sure it will take time)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Chiesa left wing

Orsolini right wing
Kulusevski? Where does he play? There's only one winger that needs replacing this summer and it's Douglas Costa - the right winger.

Let's aim higher than Chiesa or Orsolini. I don't know which top class genuine wingers are potentially available at the moment, but someone in the vane of Hazard and these types should be what we're after if in fact Kulusevski isn't Douglas Costa's direct replacement.

As far as the big targets go this summer, if we need to sell a big name for big money then it's Pjanic for sure. As good as he can be, he's never been as suited to regista as he could be. We need a player there who either has a longer range of passing (e.g Xavi Alonso, Pirlo - what modern players have that kind of passing range though?) or a much stronger physical presence who's able to assist the defence, like what Barca have with Busquets. Pogba or SMS is a must buy and it's going to take a big sale to fund it. But if Pjanic were the one to go, then that creates a new void in the regista role that needs thinking about.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Kulusevski? Where does he play? There's only one winger that needs replacing this summer and it's Douglas Costa - the right winger.

Let's aim higher than Chiesa or Orsolini. I don't know which top class genuine wingers are potentially available at the moment, but someone in the vane of Hazard and these types should be what we're after if in fact Kulusevski isn't Douglas Costa's direct replacement.

As far as the big targets go this summer, if we need to sell a big name for big money then it's Pjanic for sure. As good as he can be, he's never been as suited to regista as he could be. We need a player there who either has a longer range of passing (e.g Xavi Alonso, Pirlo - what modern players have that kind of passing range though?) or a much stronger physical presence who's able to assist the defence, like what Barca have with Busquets. Pogba or SMS is a must buy and it's going to take a big sale to fund it. But if Pjanic were the one to go, then that creates a new void in the regista role that needs thinking about.
Sms and Pogba would cost 200m or close to that.
Given we manage to sell Pjanic for unprecedented fee 70-80m who else?
Higuain won't bring in any money.
Khedirea neither
Matuidi at best 10m if we're lucky.
Bentancur can't be sold as 50% will go to Boca
Costa? 30-40m at best given his health.
Bernardeschi? Barca wanted him only to get rid of Rakitic

Imo only one between Sms and Pogba is possible and only if we sell Pjanic.
So get one kick one. is it an upgrade?

We'd have to sell good Rabiot and/or Ramsey.
IF IF IF we can get 40m for Rabiot and 30 for Ramsey
THEN it might be possible

Well problem is we need to kick Khedira and Matuidi due to being useless. Pjanic to fund a new buy and then we'd be left with Bentancur,Traorè,Rabiot and Ramsey.
Kick one between Rabiot and Ramsey bring in Sms and Pogba but we'd miss a DM/sub giving that role to Bentancur.

Sms-Bentancur-Pogba
Traorè-Rabiot-Ramsey?

unlikely. Very unlikely. they're both too expensive given our books are full red.

We'd really have to hit the jackpot with Higuain,Pjanic,Rabiot,Ramsey and Douglas Costa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)