Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Don't see it at all.
You didnt see him play for City? He was by far the best winger at his job this season below:

Watched City alot due to Pep at that time , and despite coming off bench at times he was basically averaging goal or assist a game. Unstoppable force that could create or go in and score at will. Defenitely EPL best midfielder this season IMO.

He needs to be healthy and get full starting minutes, he is one of the very few winger talents that can give you superstar production of 20+ goals and 20-25 assists at his peak prime.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
You didnt see him play for City? He was by far the best winger at his job this season below:

Watched City alot due to Pep at that time , and despite coming off bench at times he was basically averaging goal or assist a game. Unstoppable force that could create or go in and score at will. Defenitely EPL best midfielder this season IMO.

He needs to be healthy and get full starting minutes, he is one of the very few winger talents that can give you superstar production of 20+ goals and 20-25 assists at his peak prime.
Twas a great season, but I'm a bit sceptical towards City players in that season. They had a monster season as a team with little real competition and where everything clicked with Pep. Not convinced he would look half as a good in a different setup.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Why not? This is not just some robotic role player moving in a specific rigid system. Is a case of a insanely quick, skillfull, brilliant dribbler with strong shot getting maximum freedom to express himself as naturally as he can. Yeah Citys set up is super ideal for players like him, its the opposite too, he is super ideal for why that set up even works.

He is really young still but he has the natural end product of the top players already in final third. Yeah he can be bit rash, undisciplined and over dribble at times, as he did in first few games German NT. And he plays with the best of the best in City in individual level, but he was genuinely top few reasons why that attack was fast insane and deadly. Individually 1 on 1, he was the best pure player in that team at going at defenders. He opened up so much space at will. Majority of Sterlings goals was him just bulldozing past players and serving him infront of goal.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Why not? This is not just some robotic role player moving in a specific rigid system. Is a case of a insanely quick, skillfull, brilliant dribbler with strong shot getting maximum freedom to express himself as naturally as he can. Yeah Citys set up is super ideal for players like him, its the opposite too, he is super ideal for why that set up even works.

He is really young still but he has the natural end product of the top players already in final third. Yeah he can be bit rash, undisciplined and over dribble at times, as he did in first few games German NT. And he plays with the best of the best in City in individual level, but he was genuinely top few reasons why that attack was fast insane and deadly. Individually 1 on 1, he was the best pure player in that team at going at defenders. He opened up so much space at will. Majority of Sterlings goals was him just bulldozing past players and serving him infront of goal.
I'm not concerned about his talent but more about his fitness at this point

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Give them anyone except Dybala or De Ligt IMO.

Of course Ronaldo ain't going anywhere. But everyone else, Pjanic, Costa, Sandro, they are worth sacrificing Sane for.
Don't you think he's Bayern bound though?

Sane would be dope but I'm kind of afraid of the price and/or sacrifices we'd have to make for him. He's also a question mark now after the ACL injury.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Don't you think he's Bayern bound though?

Sane would be dope but I'm kind of afraid of the price and/or sacrifices we'd have to make for him. He's also a question mark now after the ACL injury.

He is 99% Bayern bound, but any idea of us hijacking a possible deal is a welcomed proposition for me.

And yeah he defenitely needs to become healthy again before he moves. But Athletes, especially within football, have been able to bounce back from ACL injuries in recent times.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm sure @Nostradamus will come out and tell us a deal with Bayern has already been agreed, and if he's foolish enough to reject them, then he's not good enough and not worthy :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but you apparently havent... Dybala is great but is not consistent enough while Ronaldo (goals or no goals) is almost always plays well.
I do feel a Pogba might make our attack look better as a result of a better mid..
Dybala has been quite consistent this season though. Ronaldo has had a few stinkers this season fyi. I do agree that Pogba will make our attack look better.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Juventus are considering making a move for Manchester City and Germany winger Leroy Sane in the summer, with the 24-year-old also a target for Bayern Munich. (Calcio Mercato, via Inside Futbol)
please please be true Sane would be so fapworthy :tuttosport: :tuttosport:

sell Costa to whoever, convert one of Dybala or ronaldo to winger and the other as CF. bring in kulu and orsolini as depth wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)