Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
actually stat wise, Locatelli can be compared to the best midfielders out there:
1599127342789.png
Can he be compared on other things?! I think not..
Locatelli would be a very good sub - He will provide us the defensive option and for that I would gladly accept him as a sub BUT like I said - SUB is the keyword here..

- - - Updated - - -

Of course no team can afford him - We should be sacrificing Dybala and Ronaldo in order to get Locatelli and even then his wages...

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
No loss, even at 20m it's a plusvalenza because his book value next season will be less than 19m

- - - Updated - - -

He posted a video with 5 Dzeko misses, including 2 penalties, and when he received a reply with top 5 worst Luis Suarez misses he argued that it's only 5 misses so no big deal :D
I wasn't talking about book value, current book value isn't everything. Romero was bought and loaned out for a year where he wasn't of service to the team. That needs to be factored in. Alex Sandro's and Rugani's book values are 7m and 1m. Again, other things need to be factored in if you're to sell them.

- - - Updated - - -

actually stat wise, Locatelli can be compared to the best midfielders out there:
1599127342789.png
Curious, what were Locatelli's stats last seasons? Continuous improvement trend?

We picked this guy over Tonali while Milan clubs went for latter. Usually we're right.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I wanted Locatelli before we signed McKennie. For now, we should be looking for a midfielder with more attacking characteristics like Aouar or Castrovilli.

If there’s room for Locatelli after that I’d be happy with him. But not now.
If Aouar can't come, Castrovilli is an interesting name. No rumors though

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If Aouar can't come, Castrovilli is an interesting name. No rumors though
I must say Im impressed with Castrovili but I think we should be done with getting ones for the future. Our midfield is screaming for a top midfielder.
Anyway the only player I think we will be getting is Locatelli and a forward (for now it seems that its Suarez vs Dzeko)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I must say Im impressed with Castrovili but I think we should be done with getting ones for the future. Our midfield is screaming for a top midfielder.
Anyway the only player I think we will be getting is Locatelli and a forward (for now it seems that its Suarez vs Dzeko)
you can just do a double kill with Aouar - top top midfielder who is still the one for the future (22years old). And yeah i agree we dont have place for one more defensive minded midfielder.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
you can just do a double kill with Aouar - top top midfielder who is still the one for the future (22years old). And yeah i agree we dont have place for one more defensive minded midfielder.
I have nothing against defensive minded midfielder but its either a killer one that can help Bentancur and Arthur go forward more easily or a bench role to provide options.
Aouar is great but I was talking about a midfielder that has a proven record in assisting and that can also shoot.
Aouar had a great season but Im not sure he is that player.

Pogba is obviously my first choice but he isnt going to happen. Tough to think about someone who is both affordable and great though..

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
My point is these Italian players are always way overhyped, there's no recent indication that any big investment in an Italian talent is worthwhile.
Also means that anyone who is actually good is like gold dust and valued as such, you cannot replace them for UEFA lists.

Probably why we're hanging onto players like Rugani and Bernardeschi even when the are just "good" at their best.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Only Zaniolo, in post Verratti days, shows the talent level to say that he is worth big big investment. Locatelli is just a depth/roation level player.
And Donnarumma post Szczesny imo

The only two Italians worth investing for the future

Barella is also a neat little player but he plays for Inter...

Rest don't convince me all that much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)