Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
You mean Beppe sneaked in ar night with Sami and extended his contract, with everyone in the organization unaware of it?

Higuain was terrible, thats true. But loaning him without an obligation was also bad. Its a big mess from the beginning
We didn't hold the cards in higuain's case .
Everyone knew we were desperate to offload his contract after cr7 and teams took advantage of that .
If you don't fault beppe for khedira ,why do you shift the blame on tici ?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We didn't hold the cards in higuain's case .
Everyone knew we were desperate to offload his contract after cr7 and teams took advantage of that .
If you don't fault beppe for khedira ,why do you shift the blame on tici ?
Do I?

Khedira should have been sold in 2018. Higuain as well. Matuidi in 2019. Now we would have been in a much different/better situation

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Sorry if he’s been mentioned before, but why are we not seriously chasing Coutinho? Even for a loan deal?

He’s still top quality if he gets the confidence back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He is getting 24m a year for being a inconsistent flair and fancy player for 3 years now. A player who is there to look good in highlights but dissappears for most of the season when it comes to genuine impact.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If you go by this way khedira should have been sold after cardif and matuidi shouldn't have been bought .

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
Khedira was fantastic in 2017 and still relatively good (especially in big games) in 2018. But you could feel it during and after the Madrid games that it was a 'last dance' kind of form from him. That summer was the it's time to move on moment.

Matuidi is a tricky one, we needed midfield reinforcements, that was evident after Cardiff (and we saw the following season in Madrid how much difference he made). Were there better options and should we have tried for different players, that's another topic, but last summer was the time to move on from him. We signed Can the previous summer and added Ramsey, Rabiot, with his sale we could have maybe afforded a different younger player that would help our rebuild being more smooth and outstretched, not forcing us into a more drastic one now.

But these 2 are smaller issues, the big one was Higuain. Failing to sell him when Ronaldo arrived hurt us more than anything

- - - Updated - - -

Messi wants to leave Barca apparently. I would to see him at Napoli.
Hopefully Maradona buys the club and convinces him

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I imagine we will only be able to proceed via swap deals. Sucks but hopefully we can at least get Partey and Locatelli

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine we will only be able to proceed via swap deals. Sucks but hopefully we can at least get Partey and Locatelli

Last edited:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Manchester United could make an offer around €30m to sign Costa. Juventus want €40m. [TJ]

- - - Updated - - -

Atlético Madrid wants €50M for Thomas Partey or they will not sell him(Romano)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
So we're really close to signing Hans Hateboer (RB, Atalanta) for a deal worth 25M. Perin will probably go the other way.

Hateboer himself in an interview: ''I believe I've probably achieved all I can with Atalanta."

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
So we're really close to signing Hans Hateboer (RB, Atalanta) for a deal worth 25M. Perin will probably go the other way.
Do we really need another RB? We’re way too light on the left... Good player though.

it’s such a shame the summer where we really need to invest we’re not financially able to... such bad timing for us. Feels like we can’t make any moves until we get the ridiculous salaries of higuain and Khedira off the books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)