Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (85 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
mediaset bs, agresti already denied it

- - - Updated - - -

i bet you surely compared that to other teams and can back your claim, you just didn't pull something like that out of your ass

or do you

fact is that comparing the playtime at juve and napoli during that season, 5 players played more than 85% of the available playtime at napoli (at juve: 0; the most played player had 80% of the playtime), and 9 players played for at least 70% of the available playtime (juve: 3). even more telling that only 15 napoli players reached 20% of the available minutes (at juve: 21, plus bentancur at 19%). you can argue napoli had less player available, but you'd be wrong: they used 23 players, juve used 25, including höwedes (5%), pinsoglio (1%) and caligara (0,1%).

you could also argue that chelsea was a lot more different with many more matches and a deeper squad. chelsea played 2 players for more than 80% during sarri's season, 5 over 70% (an other two close to it), and while they used 27 players, so they had a huge squad with plenty of changes during the season, only 19 players reached 20% of playtime, including both morata and higuain, who were their 9's for only half of the season. and it was an incredibly busy season with 63 matches, still, he couldn't properly rest his players. no wonder they only won 1 of their last 5 league matches, and only reached cl qualification because their direct rivals weren't much better.

oh, sample size is too small. i'm here to help with some random examples: tottenham this season: 0 players over 80% of playtime, 20 players over 20%. barcelona this season: relatively few matches (50), still only 3 players reached 80%, and 17 played 20%. bayern last year: fewer league matches, no league cup, so they could afford less rotation. still, only 3 players over 80%, 18 over 20%, an other very close.

i thought we would never get back to this topic again and it's common knowledge already that sarri doesn't rotate his squad too heavily. during that season you're talking some smarter things about, mertens would have rot on the bench if it wasn't for milik's injury, making those numbers even worse. sarri firmly believes in his gameplan, his players, and only injuries can force him to change.
Exactly. You do realize I was saying Sarri didn't rotate and zizinho was arguing he did? You spent all that time googling stats and wrote a long post but don't even know the convo you're replying to? Lol.

And yeah, Napoli that season had a slow start post Higuain sale before Mertens fix. Exactly why they never really troubled us that season unlike other two. Unlike zizinho saying they were bigger contenders that season after selling Higuain.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
@X Æ A-12

Hustini laughing at you, bro. Must be love.
Kylie knows I love him.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. One word: Context.

Play AS in a back-three, with less defensive duties, and in a system like Atalantas, then you can start compare numbers.
So keep Sandro? As that what I am to take from your post?

- - - Updated - - -

the modern fullback/wing back yes, in this day they must do it all

especially if your wings don’t provide much productive width
:tup:

This guy seems to defend well, and we know he attacks well.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We have never had a LB that put up those numbers.

We shouldn't buy players then that had great seasons in good teams because it won't translate to Juventus or there is a risk that quality won't transfer to Juventus. Got it.

- - - Updated - - -

100%

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe there is truth to Pirlo using 3 at the back.

Even when we played a 352 our LB/LWB NEVER put up those kinds of stats did they?

- - - Updated - - -

He averages more tackles in both the league AND CL than our LB. :boh:
Well, we never had the scoring statistics Atalanta have this season either? That doesn't exactly mean we should trade our attackers etc...

I'd welcome him but I wouldn't gamble on him being a world beater. So I'd certainly keep AS on board as well.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Atalanta conceded 5 more goals than Juventus. 4 clubs had less, 2 of them were Juve & Inter.

- - - Updated - - -

So hire Gasperini so maybe Sandro will be useful?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, we never had the scoring statistics Atalanta have this season either? That doesn't exactly mean we should trade our attackers etc...
Well, Zapata would be an upgrade over Higuain lol

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No, Sign an actual LB to rotate him with to keep him fresh. Gosens could be the one for all I care, if he comes cheap or can be included in some kind of swap.
Ok, we partially agree, which is good for us lol

We do need another LB. Seems to be a swap deal of some kind though

Apr 17, 2013
Atalanta where the best performing team in Italy IMO. Amazing season for them. We would be stupid not to look there because oh no, quality there might not mean quality here.
I'm agree with you but there are the Perrin, deshitto, danilo, khedira, ramsay, costa, bernardeschi, higuain traumas. All supposedly good players, all are failures. The problem is that have lost all confidence in Fabio's ability to build a great team.

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Not what I said. My point was that its a big risk to be ditching Sandro to do it.
That's up to the club. If they are really listening to offers then don't you think it sorta fell on the players performances if they think they can bring in one that will be better?

- - - Updated - - -

Glad I could spur solid discussion :baus:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
That's up to the club. If they are really listening to offers then don't you think it sorta fell on the players performances if they think they can bring in one that will be better?

- - - Updated - - -

Glad I could spur solid discussion :baus:
Sure, I'm just not as confident in our transfer policy these days and scared of ending up with a flop at LB and Danilo at RB :scared:

Post calciopoli, I have been traumatized by bad fullbacks. I've been hurt too many times.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sure, I'm just not as confident in our transfer policy these days and scared of ending up with a flop at LB and Danilo at RB :scared:
I mean, its not like ours are lighting the world on fire. I think its safe to shake things up a little. Keep Sandro for all I care, but that shouldn't stop us from trying to buy a better LB. Make him earn a spot.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Exactly. You do realize I was saying Sarri didn't rotate and zizinho was arguing he did?
i just read that post i replied to, and since you have a long history of shamelessly defending sarri and especially argued against me and some others about questioning sarri's rotation... there goes your consistency, but at least you're not as adverse to learning as you looked. congrats.

Jul 13, 2010
We have never had a LB that put up those numbers.

We shouldn't buy players then that had great seasons in good teams because it won't translate to Juventus or there is a risk that quality won't transfer to Juventus. Got it.

- - - Updated - - -

100%

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe there is truth to Pirlo using 3 at the back.

Even when we played a 352 our LB/LWB NEVER put up those kinds of stats did they?

- - - Updated - - -

He averages more tackles in both the league AND CL than our LB. :boh:

You would think he would clearly be the no 1 choice for German NT with those numbers, no?

- - - Updated - - -

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
i just read that post i replied to, and since you have a long history of shamelessly defending sarri and especially argued against me and some others about questioning sarri's rotation... there goes your consistency, but at least you're not as adverse to learning as you looked. congrats.
:lol:

I never once in the past said Sarri rotated at Napoli.

I voted no for Sarri joining Juve. I know in your simple mind that thinks in extremes saying we'll win Serie A and wait till CL knockouts and supporting the club and not acting like a lunatic after every game automatically mean the other extreme, but we've been through this many times (but you're still behind, no surprises).

Congrats on not attaining elementary school level reading comprehension.

Jesus :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)