Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (89 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Zaniolo's a name continuously returns to Juventus because him & Pogba are top on Juve's transfer list every summer for the management, although Pogba is now inaccessible for Juventus this summer.

For Zaniolo, No negotiations between Juve-Roma as Roma decided to keep him for one more season, Juve have to wait, Should Roma decide to sell him for €50m this summer due to budgetary reasons, Juve will be at front row to sign him but until today Roma want to keep him. [Romano]

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
We continue to be linked to Jorginho
While on paper a midfield of Roddy-Jorgi-Arty may seem unappealing it very may be a step up from what we have been fielding for the past few. We need actual workers in the mid who execute within Sarri's system, not stars to win CL (we already have the biggest star up front).

We all agree that we need to STREET Sami and looks like it's finally happening. Too bad about Rabiot but he was not considered whether he would fit the scheme when selecting our coach.

Emerson-Sandro swap has me skeptical. Unless Alaba can be made a reality. Then we'd have a nice stack on the defensive left.

I woke up feeling optimistic and hoping that Tici can give this squad a much needed refresh. I understand that it takes time so here's hoping :xfingers:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
While on paper a midfield of Roddy-Jorgi-Arty may seem unappealing it very may be a step up from what we have been fielding for the past few. We need actual workers in the mid who execute within Sarri's system, not stars to win CL (we already have the biggest star up front).

We all agree that we need to STREET Sami and looks like it's finally happening. Too bad about Rabiot but he was not considered whether he would fit the scheme when selecting our coach.

Emerson-Sandro swap has me skeptical. Unless Alaba can be made a reality. Then we'd have a nice stack on the defensive left.

I woke up feeling optimistic and hoping that Tici can give this squad a much needed refresh. I understand that it takes time so here's hoping :xfingers:
Sandro has been demotivated since 2 years ago. Emerson is not really an upgrade but keeping a demotivated player is worse.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
It seems Sandro is hugely underrated here. He may not be an overly attacking LB like Marcelo but he has developed into a very dependable and defensively aware LB, who still contributes to our attack. With Cuadrado at RB, it is a nice balance.

There aren't too many LBs who I can think of that I'd rather have.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Sandro/Alaba are about even now for me, either is fine, if we can do some sneaky accounting and somehow ease the books then its a pretty obvious move.
If fucking Emerson is our starting lb next season then the board is dumber than i thought, and that's an achievement

Oct 23, 2011
Hey I love Sandro but he’s regressed from his early years here. What I meant was that perhaps he wants a new challenge.
Everyone will regress if they go from Pogba in front of them to Matuidi. That Sandro - Pogba duo down the left side was incredible and was a massive threat with Sandro very overlapping and Pogba finding him in open space. That threat is basically non-existent with Matuidi.

Sandro is doing absolutely fine this season.

Apr 29, 2006
Sandro is plusvalenza, Pellegrini and Matuidi would be covering the LB next year. Next summer Matuidi would go to Lyon, unless we can't get our top midfield target this year.

MDS, Rugani, Khedira are gonners this summer. Rabiot if the dream deal happens too.

Alaba might be coming, if Bayern lets him out on a DC kind of deal. Very doubtful, but I don't follow Bayern.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Sandro has been demotivated since 2 years ago. Emerson is not really an upgrade but keeping a demotivated player is worse.
besides what @Osman and @Boksic said: consider that sandro is playing complete seasons without a proper sub. last year spina started the season injured, then got injured again, and this year sandy has been our sole lb all along. and while i admit he's been short of his attacking form of his 1st season here (that might be a tactical choice too), i bet no other lb could have performed with the same consistency as he did. he's been our best lolzillian i can remember, and by a country mile. (i didn't see much of altafini.)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Not a huge Sandro fan but with our track record buying absolute gutter trash full backs and the fact he's defensively very good and offensively OK I'd keep him

If it's for more creative accounting profit recording then I'd be ok with swapping him for Alaba I guess but if we downgrade on our only good full back we're retarded

Get some journeyman left back on the cheap for rotation or move Matuidi there full time to cover. God knows I don't want Matuidi staying if he's going to take a spot up in midfield.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
besides what @Osman and @Boksic said: consider that sandro is playing complete seasons without a proper sub. last year spina started the season injured, then got injured again, and this year sandy has been our sole lb all along. and while i admit he's been short of his attacking form of his 1st season here (that might be a tactical choice too), i bet no other lb could have performed with the same consistency as he did. he's been our best lolzillian i can remember, and by a country mile. (i didn't see much of altafini.)
For the record again I’m not in favor of losing him. I’m just seeing signs that he might want to head out.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It seems Sandro is hugely underrated here. He may not be an overly attacking LB like Marcelo but he has developed into a very dependable and defensively aware LB, who still contributes to our attack. With Cuadrado at RB, it is a nice balance.

There aren't too many LBs who I can think of that I'd rather have.
I dont care he is being underrated here. I am disappointed that he seems to be underrated by the club!
IMO he is the best LB in the world and whoever we bring to replace him will be a downgrade.
E.Palmieri? He could clean A.Sandro`s boots...

- - - Updated - - -

Sandro/Alaba are about even now for me, either is fine, if we can do some sneaky accounting and somehow ease the books then its a pretty obvious move.
If fucking Emerson is our starting lb next season then the board is dumber than i thought, and that's an achievement
Alaba is good but I still rather keep A.Sandro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)