Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (81 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You should watch team that succeed to implement Sarri idea to understand what he want from his team

I think the best reference is Napoli the year where Higuain scored the most goals in serie A then we activated his clause

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk
Should and would, I saw Sarri and his style during that season and they ended up empty handed.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
In the near future, we have to play 4-3-3 at all cost, I really think this is the best formation in modern football, all the last big UCL winning teams played 4-3-3...
Welcome! We lost 2 finals to two great teams using 4-3-3 and current champions Liverpool use 4-3-3. What you say is fine but we'd have to change the entire squad. The reason Liverpool looks so good is that the 3 in midfield are all runners that can defend and create without them needing to be spectacular. Their full backs are amazing and contribute many assists. They have actual wingers.

For us we have solid CBs and only Sandro as LB, Cuadrado isn't a RB. Only Bentancur is an all round player, Pjanic 'creative', Matuidi defensive but together they can't pull it off. Up front Ronaldo, Dybala and Higuain all want to play centre so now that Costa is out, Berna is our only winger. For us to play like Liverpool we'd have to strip the whole team top to bottom.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
So Sabatini made the claim that Orsolini is worth 70m and that the clause between Bologna and Juve wasn't written down and was only verbal... we'll see if this is the issue that Sabatini wants to end all Juve-Bologna transfers over for the near future.

It seems more likely that we would get a "discount" over his inflated price.

If the prices are the same, I would go for Chiesa. I think he is exactly the type of winger that we need more than Orsolini, and if the price/availability is similar then imo better to go for him.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
My wishlist is Klopp.
He looks like a great strategist, tactician, motivator. And last time i ready everything in Liverpool is improving and very well planned : recovery, nutrition, scouting, even have throw in coach

I actually like Allegri as a smart coach. But Allegri approach the game more defensive and pragmatic than Klopp

Below is one of good praise from his player

Adrian has hailed Jurgen Klopp for his "extraordinary" achievements at Anfield, while also describing the Liverpool boss as a "top strategist".

Klopp has gradually transformed Liverpool into Champions League winners and genuine Premier League title contenders since arriving on Merseyside in 2015, earning plenty of praise for his attack-minded, high-pressing philosophy the process.

The Reds are now arguably the strongest side in European football, having set unprecedented new standards of excellence in the 2019-20 campaign while also winning the FIFA Club World Cup.

Klopp's men sit 22 points clear at the top of the Premier League, having won all but one of their 25 fixtures to date - successfully banishing the memory of their narrow defeat to Manchester City in last season's title race.

Liverpool are unbeaten in 42 top-flight matches, and they are also on course to defend their European crown and reach the latter stages of the FA Cup.

Adrian is happy to credit Klopp for the team's recent success, which he believes has come about because of the German's "masterful" ability to get the best out of his players.

"What Jurgen has achieved here is extraordinary," the Liverpool goalkeeper told BBC Sport . "Just look at how we are in the league. It is so easy working with him. So easy. He's always smiling, cheerful, optimistic. He's the manager but he behaves like any other member of the team.

"Him being close to us helps us believe in his methods. He's convinced us all of his leadership and abilities by being close to us and proving that whatever is on his mind works in the end.

"Klopp usually tells us that we'll face many problems during the games, so we must be able to fix them. Any team can surprise you with a new system, for example. He's there to guide us. He visualises football very well from the sidelines and transmits this knowledge to the players in a masterful way.

"Training sessions are intense. He does his job passionately and that's exactly how we perform on the pitch. Jurgen is not only a top strategist, but also a great person. The best group management I've seen. Next to the team through thick and thin."

dryatson

Feb 2, 2020
I remember, on there former Juventino forum (largest French-speaking one) I attended, people weren't convinced by Klopp in reference of the way Allegri outplayed him in CL Round of 16 against Dortmund. I have to acknowledge I was part of them... I though he was just a unidimensional coach "a la Wenger", only looking for nice set pieces of football plays.

And I firmly convinced he was at that moment.

Liverpool under Klopp management is nowhere close to what Dortmund was. Klopp on the Mersey river side is a complete different head coach. And I guess this started when Allegri gave him a Masterclass of coaching in 2015. That's made him a better leader, for sure.

So let's hope Sarri will follow this pathway... but that's mean she period without winning... are juventini tifosi prepared for that ? I doubt so...

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
I remember, on there former Juventino forum (largest French-speaking one) I attended, people weren't convinced by Klopp in reference of the way Allegri outplayed him in CL Round of 16 against Dortmund. I have to acknowledge I was part of them... I though he was just a unidimensional coach "a la Wenger", only looking for nice set pieces of football plays.

And I firmly convinced he was at that moment.

Liverpool under Klopp management is nowhere close to what Dortmund was. Klopp on the Mersey river side is a complete different head coach. And I guess this started when Allegri gave him a Masterclass of coaching in 2015. That's made him a better leader, for sure.

So let's hope Sarri will follow this pathway... but that's mean she period without winning... are juventini tifosi prepared for that ? I doubt so...
wtf

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
As if Messi was not enough but they had to add Sane too.

And that line up would not work, we might score 3 and concede 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)