Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (157 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
He's just 25yo and would suit OGS' 4231 like a glove. He'd earn much less than Pogba and he would suit the DM position much better:

Fred/Matic - Rabiot
Bruno Fernandes
The problem is that Rabiot's value is simply low. If some estimate Pogba at 70m dure to the corona, then how much is Rabiot worth? 25m at best I'd say (yeah, that contract weighs).

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He's just 25yo and would suit OGS' 4231 like a glove. He'd earn much less than Pogba and he would suit the DM position much better:

Fred/Matic - Rabiot
Bruno Fernandes
The problem is that Rabiot's value is simply low. If some estimate Pogba at 70m dure to the corona, then how much is Rabiot worth? 25m at best I'd say (yeah, that contract weighs).
I think Man U is one of the few options because they can actually pay his contract and he might also improve their squad. But in most examples, like Everton, he might improve their squad but they can't pay his wages, I don't think.

So you need a rich team that has no one in his position. Hard to find.

Apr 29, 2006
Some of the comments here are really overrating the situation with Rabiot. Yes, he has a good contract, but overall he is much more transferable than people talk. He wants to be an international player and has a reasonable career then he will play ball with Juventus. Then there is always the Juve U23 way...

Those players have to be mad to consider a 4-5 years left on a contract to be all they've ever wanted. We aren't talking about tuz members here.

Whether ManU wants him and what is the valuation is another matter. I have the feeling they don't want to have their highest(or 2nd) paid player spend most of his days instagram-ing his 'recoveries'. Bruno and co. would hire Mino too.No homo or bad feelings .... ;)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
They're going to build around a lolzilian? That surely bodes well.

Aouar for 40+ million or Tonali? :boh: :numnum:

- - - Updated - - -

Recalcitrant Rabiot can look for the egress button and someone should just give him and his scaly slithering Mama that extra push.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I’d sacrifice Demiral for Aouar. Demiral is Juves most valuable asset that is also expandable. Romero can replace him as the fourth CB next season.

- - - Updated - - -

A must? I don't know about that. How many mids can we conceivably bring in? Let's assume that we're able to rein in Tonali and Pogba. Are we really going to go for Aouar then?
Here’s a question: Would you rather have Tonali and Aouar or just Pogba?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I’d sacrifice Demiral for Aouar. Demiral is Juves most valuable asset that is also expandable. Romero can replace him as the fourth CB next season.

- - - Updated - - -

Here’s a question: Would you rather have Tonali and Aouar or just Pogba?
Probably Tonali and Aouar, but it's a tossup at this point.

Also, no fucking way we sacrifice Demiral. If Chiellini gets injured/goes down again, we're left with Bonucci, Rugani and Romero to support De Ligt. I don't trust any of them, aside from De Ligt of course.

Apr 29, 2006
'Sacrificing' Demiral is a terrible idea, even if you hate the guy for a healthy reason. He will either fully recover or go out of the backdoor, after such an injury. The team with most knowledge about all this is supposed to be the seller in this great deal? o_O

Whoever we approach would be either trying to insert a shitty clause (20+ games before the sale kicks in) or rape us on the price. That is if they want to take the risk at all - and most of the teams that currently can afford to buy him are not going to risk 1 non-eu, non-hg member of their squad.

In short, even if we were to sell Demiral for any reason it will be minimum after the next season. Romero or not. In fact - BonBon would be departing sooner imho. ;)

PS: And that is before you find the real message we would be sending to current and future recruits: "Come here, try to impress, get injured and shipped out of the backdoor before noon...'

Last edited:

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
I would keep Ramsey unless there is a really good exchange deal on the table.
And I don't mind Matuidi for one more season as a 5th midfielder.

Btw the salary numbers being mentioned for Pogba are gross not net as that's how salaries are reported in England and iirc he earns a little more than 9.7 million euros net, and we can realistically match that with the new tax rules and if we successfully dispose of Khedira, Pjanic and perhaps Rabiot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 154)