Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Pretty damn good job with defense and midfield.

holy shit balls on the selling though
Have to disagree on both counts. Other than MDL (and perhaps Demiral), we made very baffling moves especially with our full backs.

And the midfield is once again patched up with freebies. We have yet to reload properly since the worlds best midfield was dismantled beginning in 2015 and its conclusion with the sale of Pogba in 2016. We continue to bandage the situation, not address it in a proper manner. And of that midfield, Pjanic is beyond useless. His soul was snatched in Cardiff and he has never returned to that 2017 form.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If we could sell De Sciglio to PSG and get Spina back, that would upgrade our mercato from 5.5 to 7.0
Anyway we kept Dybbs and escaped Icardi, it's a win, 5.5, at least we didn't downgrade other places, except the wing backs.
It looked like we would start with a weaker team than we started at summer.
Major blows were the huge capital loss on Kean and our inability to get a reliable starter AMF, Ramsey obviously is a failure...
You know what I`m tired of this whole disappointment from some of you.
We signed a great CM in Rabiot while another CM who`s amount of games is questionable but when he is fit he is class!
We have signed the best prospect in the history of CBs in MDL and another CB who is perhaps not that far away from being a starter even in Juve type of defense which is 5 levels above others..
We got Higuain back who is amazingly underrated and his goal is no coincidence as his real fault is his heaviness and he seemed to to work on it...
The only "downside" and I put it in " " because its not really a downside if you understand there are attacking skills but there are also defensive skills - The only one is Cancelo sold to City and we got Danilo who only played 1 game but he has shown he can defend - Something Cancelo cant even spell...
You call this mercato 5.5?! Seriously?! I dont know if you are just a pessimist or you have no idea what you are talking about!

Spinazzola - I agree I like him too but he wanted to move to a club that can provide him with a starting spot

Our mercato is not a 5.5 and is not even 6.5.. I`d give this mercato an 8 and it would have been a 9 if we got a really strong CM or some extraordinary name in attack..

You lable some as failures before even getting a minute - I now have double wishes for our success
1. Because Im a fan and I want us to succeed
2. So I can point to annoying posters like you who like to moan before even seeing a result and tell them you moaned and here is the CL!

- - - Updated - - -

I think Cuad is being considered as a potential backup should an injury occur.. I wouldnt expect Hysaj..

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
We signed a great CM in Rabiot while another CM who`s amount of games is questionable but when he is fit he is class!
We have signed the best prospect in the history of CBs in MDL and another CB who is perhaps not that far away from being a starter even in Juve type of defense which is 5 levels above others..
We got Higuain back who is amazingly underrated and his goal is no coincidence as his real fault is his heaviness and he seemed to to work on it...
The only "downside" and I put it in " " because its not really a downside if you understand there are attacking skills but there are also defensive skills - The only one is Cancelo sold to City and we got Danilo who only played 1 game but he has shown he can defend - Something Cancelo cant even spell...
You call this mercato 5.5?! Seriously?! I dont know if you are just a pessimist or you have no idea what you are talking about!

Spinazzola - I agree I like him too but he wanted to move to a club that can provide him with a starting spot

Our mercato is not a 5.5 and is not even 6.5.. I`d give this mercato an 8 and it would have been a 9 if we got a really strong CM or some extraordinary name in attack..

You lable some as failures before even getting a minute - I now have double wishes for our success
2. So I can point to annoying posters like you who like to moan before even seeing a result and tell them you moaned and here is the CL!

- - - Updated - - -

I think Cuad is being considered as a potential backup should an injury occur.. I wouldnt expect Hysaj..
He can't play on the left.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it's a 5.5 considering our needs, our priorities and the way we handled things.
In every paragraph /line i noted how each line factored in the total marking.
As i said outstanding job on CBs and keepers.
Everybody agrees on that, but can this erase all the mistakes made elsewhere??
If we have stopped there that would have been a an 8.5/10
But i dont stop there, i cannot overlook our needs and failures.
As it turned out, we have a huge problem of more players than we can handle.
This is not a theory anymore, it's official, it was a priority and we have failed to deliver.
Failing to sell them should factor in and it does in my rating.
The prestige blow we took on the way we handled Dybbs and Kean should factor in and not overlooked too.
I think in general. Considering only our performance rating, we agree, but you ignore the negative input of generating income, balancing our team and show the world we are not so easily manipulated by managers.
As a fan you can ignore them, because they don't directly affect our performance this year,
but they do affect our club and will play a major part in the near future,
yet this was the year those horrific mistakes that undermined our future were finalized and even if they don't play a direct role now, that doesn't mean that the damage isnt done.
For the same reason, i am not very severe on past mistakes. I factored them in in previous years.
This year we made a negative record of such long term consequences.

Our major difference lies on the midfield evaluation.
IMO Rabbiot was not a necessity, rather an opportunity target and normally i shouldn't complain at a free target but both these transfers came at the expense of the players that we actually needed!!
It is unfair to overate opportunity targets over priorities! Buying random players only because we got the chance can only help you as much.
You have been here at Secco days, you should know best.
Rabbiot is effectively a defensive orientated CM, like most of our current CMs, we already had that, replacing one of them would be OK, but we have kept them all and overcrowded the slot with the very same tactical option.
Ramsey is the key here, apart from the CBS, he is our most important transfer, the player we needed to change the face of our team and rely upon, yet unfortunately as his past and present fitness has shown, he is Not!
Getting him is at the expense of the player we needed the most, just because he was free,
is a crucial mistake than IMO takes away any CL chances this year.
This is exactly what would push our team to the next level, combined with the mistake of the decade, losing Kean, which is a mistake that is fully put on Paraticis hands.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

7.5 for me, disappointed with no ability to sell not needed players - this will backstab us next year, could save some money.
Also expected one more classy CM instead of Khedira/Matuidi.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
7.5-8/10 huh ??
So you guys believe that our lot was improved at least 25%? or that selling our best wingbacks and leaving no options there is not really a problem and Ramsey will overweight that??
You are satisfied that the best Juve could do for its midfield was those 2 free players?
You must be believing that we are CL now, who needs SMS or Pogbs right?
Well, i m not delusional, i believe mistakes were made that will make CL out of reach and IMO CR7 only has 2 years max at pushing for that and this mercato made us waste one of our two chances.
Hopefully Ramsey will be proved the stellar WC player you expect him to be and handle us the big ear cup...

- - - Updated - - -

Another stop-gap solution, I would skip on him.
Well normally yes, but having two stop gap solutions is certainly better than one.
If Ramsey starts to play and our team is starting to roll with a CAM, when he will be inevitably be injured again, a player like Rakitic would worth his weight at gold.
Of course the better solution would be a Pogbs/SMS, but having half a player for three competitions is suicidal!

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Paratici is garbage. This is the second year in a row where we head into the season without proper depth. De Sciglio has proven he can’t be depended on to stay healthy, yet here we are with him as the only natural backup fullback. Won’t even get into patching up the biggest weakness instead of properly investing in a world class mid.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
I‘m just glad he didnt do anything stupid today. Other than that really strange mercato.

Couldnt sell any of these deadweights, fullback and midfield looks still mediocre, lifted the avarage age of the squad, the Dybala Saga etc.

De ligt will turn out great though, while rabiot could be a decent Player.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
The Dybala saga should be a fireable offense in itself. If it were up to Paratici Lukaku would be leading our line right now. The sooner he gets shit canned the better, but unfortunately Agnelli is probably just as dumb.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
The Dybala saga should be a fireable offense in itself. If it were up to Paratici Lukaku would be leading our line right now. The sooner he gets shit canned the better, but unfortunately Agnelli is probably just as dumb.
Watch dybala ride the bench , because higgy is going to be tough to bench this year.
The guy is playing with a chip on his shoulder.
Next year we can cut another 10 20 from his value.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Maurizio Sarri was proposed Boateng to him by Paratici But he doesn't need any other defenders- In Chiellini's absence, He wants to trust the defenders like De Ligt, Rugani & Demiral & Bonucci as a captain & leader. [CdS]

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Watch dybala ride the bench , because higgy is going to be tough to bench this year.
The guy is playing with a chip on his shoulder.
Next year we can cut another 10 20 from his value.
Nah, sooner or later Dybala will be again played as RW, pretty sure of IT. Costa will be injured, Berna out of form and Sarri will try Dybala there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)