Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (51 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I assume you don't count the times he has played CF with Ronaldo and another winger flanking him? Because there were a few games last season where did play in that sort of role. Obviously with Ronaldo playing it usually becomes a 4-4-2 with Matuidi shifting more to the left.
Never on the last man. He was always wandering around in midfield like a second striker taking 20 touches on every ball. Totally useless.

Of course, the question is does a true #9 even exist when Ronaldo is beside you? There is always some compromise the #9 has to make. Because Higuain was looking to lay off everything he got last match. And can Dybala do that as well as Higuain? No, I don't think so.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Ramsey is gonna be on and off the injured list all season, like always. That means our only addition to the biggest weakness was Rabiot. Emre Can should be starting over Khedira, and honestly should be playing in the middle, and Matuidi shouldn’t even be on the roster.

Why does Paratici/Marotta/Agnelli/Nedved refuse to properly address it? Why did they spend 75m on De Ligt? You think an Italian manager is going to bench another Italian for him? Hahaha.
i guess chiellini's injury answers that question :(

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Breaking: Icardi sues Inter for €1.5m

Football Italia
There are growing reports this evening Mauro Icardi is suing Inter to be allowed back into training sessions, pending €1.5m in damages.
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Icardi and wife/agent Wanda Nara have started legal action against the club.
It is now open warfare between the player and Nerazzurri, a situation that started when he was stripped of the captaincy – for reasons that have never been confirmed or clarified in public – in February.

He was then told in no uncertain terms this summer when Antonio Conte took over that he was not in their plans for this season and should find himself another club.
However, the Argentina international refused every transfer opportunity, as confirmed by Wanda Nara this week, because he was determined to remain at Inter.
With Vice-President Javier Zanetti and CEO Beppe Marotta declaring again over the last 48 hours that there would be no change of heart, it had been reported Icardi was considering a contract extension to allow a loan move to Monaco.
However, this evening it emerged that Icardi had started legal action against Inter to be allowed back into full training sessions or sue the club for €1.5m in damages.
There were signs last night that the situation was deteriorating, as the entire Inter squad – including new signing Alexis Sanchez – attended a team dinner together in Milan.
Only Icardi was absent, remaining at his Lake Como home with Wanda and their children.
It will be interesting to see what happens now, because Inter had anticipated the possibility of legal action and consulted lawyers on how to exclude him just enough to ensure they were covered.
Napoli and Monaco are prepared to pay €65m with increased wages, but Icardi has refused to even consider their proposals.

https://popup.taboola.com/en/?template=colorbox&utm_source=caughtoffside-footballitalia&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=below-article-1:Below Article 1:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Icardi is not right in the head. I can't see how any of his actions benefits him in short or long term.
Icardi is not the problem his wife is the problem

- - - Updated - - -

A world class CF who is refusing every club in the world to join us, but tuz does not wany him because we have high moral standards and Wanda's elbows too pointy.

Might as well change our motto to Mes que un club.
He is troublemaker that is going to cause problems for any club

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Whether or not it is true (I strongly doubt it is) it doesn't make any difference since the decisions are taken by both of them. But did his wife tell him to write an autobiography at the age 21? and in it pick a fight with Inter ultras?
His wife might not behind many decisions he has made but certainly she is responsible for the breakdown of the relationship with inter

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
His wife might not behind many decisions he has made but certainly she is responsible for the breakdown of the relationship with inter
She was responsible for him being stripped of captaincy. His refusal to play after that and wearing those stupid hats and sending cryptic messages might've been all him. Anyway it's impossible to separate those two. I wouldn't want to have a professional relationship with someone whose actions are unpredictable.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Because Higuain was looking to lay off everything he got last match. And can Dybala do that as well as Higuain? No, I don't think so.
Higuain is paid to score. He registered no shots last match. If Ronaldo has a bad match you gonna keep passing to him? Can't he take some pressure off Ronaldo? He had Hazard next to him last year and still didn't score shit, didn't create shit. Higuain's top level career ended the moment he put that Milan shirt on. Dybala is better than Higuain in every aspect.

Jun 6, 2015
Higuain is paid to score. He registered no shots last match. If Ronaldo has a bad match you gonna keep passing to him? Can't he take some pressure off Ronaldo? He had Hazard next to him last year and still didn't score shit, didn't create shit. Higuain's top level career ended the moment he put that Milan shirt on. Dybala is better than Higuain in every aspect.
I also think Dybala is the better player but he clearly isn't better in every aspect. That's just overblowing it.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I'm not a Higuain apologist. Of course he has to score. But there's no question last match he put a lot of balls into good spots for Ronaldo. If the options are for Higuain to shoot or tee up Ronaldo, everyone here would prefer the chance go to Ronaldo.

There were also a couple moments in the box that he looked hesitant to take his own chance so no, he's not beyond reproach either. I would like to see Dybala playing like Higuain, right on the last man, and see what he can come up with as well.

I don't think Dybala's first touch control or passing is as good as Higuain though.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
higain scores goals = he takes away from ronaldo, and hes a pure poacher we dont need him cuz he can't create own chances... SELL

higuain plays team role and lays chances for others= oh no he is paid to score, not lay passes... SELL

no matter what there is always someone who is never happy

Mar 3, 2014
Assuming that what you said in your post was factual, your conclusion is backwards. The conclusion should be “Ronaldo needs to bury his chances”. If Higuaín is laying it off to Ronaldo, it is because he is arguably the best goal scorer in the world. You can’t fault Higuaín for it. You can only fault Ronaldo for having a bad game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
higain scores goals = he takes away from ronaldo, and hes a pure poacher we dont need him cuz he can't create own chances... SELL

higuain plays team role and lays chances for others= oh no he is paid to score, not lay passes... SELL

When something started in a wrong way usually it's gonna end bad

Pogba plus 19m for him it was a very very bad decision. Manu don't wanna take less than 100m for the french and we can't sell Pipa even in combo

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
We were very dependent on Ronaldo last season and all the other strikers were not contributing and nor was the midfield. I'm not happy with Higuain, Mandzukic or Dybala but Dybala is more likely to be useful than the others and should be given more opportunity than Higuain. If Higuain can get his goal tally from the last season at Juve I'd be ecstatic because you add another 20+ Ronaldo goals and suddenly we look very scary but we're far away from that.

Assuming that what you said in your post was factual, your conclusion is backwards. The conclusion should be “Ronaldo needs to bury his chances”. If Higuaín is laying it off to Ronaldo, it is because he is arguably the best goal scorer in the world. You can’t fault Higuaín for it. You can only fault Ronaldo for having a bad game.
Ronaldo is human and will have bad games but we need other match winners. Costa needs goals but he's more the assist man. Our CFs could be let off if our midfield contributed but that isn't happening either probably because Matuidi and Khedira are still starting.

I don't think we have much time to piss about with players like Matuidi, we need to integrate the players with the most potential as soon as possible until we click. It may cost us some points but we cannot give the Parma lineup and performance to Atlético.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
A world class CF who is refusing every club in the world to join us, but tuz does not wany him because we have high moral standards and Wanda's elbows too pointy.

Might as well change our motto to Mes que un club.
Or we just dont think he is good enough for Juve...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)