Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2006
I don't think it has much to do with the players. Sure, they aren't super happy being moved to nowhere, but they will get their current wages and more... so no biggie.

It has more to do with Juventus wanting certain financial guarantees. Obligation, instead of an option for instance. Different structures in fees and maybe even slight differences in those fees as well.

The players market is more of a gamble than the stock exchange these days. It's very difficult for me to judge which one is better - say a 30 year old player that will deliver 30 solid games for 3 season on a 4 year contract or a 22 year old who will deliver 10 solid games first season and +5 each season after on a 5 year contract. Most of the football clubs want (and some desperately need) success NOW so prices are crazy. If Manchester United (or Arsenal) are a Khedira/Matuidi/Mandzukic away from a CL qualification these players should be worth a lot more than 10-15mils to them. I won't even factor the CL lottery in it.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
Amazing when you think about it.....

Rugani rejected moves even to be 1st choice
Mandzukic has rejected countless clubs
Higuain rejected a few including Roma
Dybala rejected Man U and Tottenham
Matuidi wants to stay until end of contract
Khedira rejected so many clubs I lost count.
Cuadrado rejected a few

I am sure there is more. Quite an interesting mercato. In the end, you can't be too harsh on Paratici. If the players don't want to leave what can you do. If anything you can only blame Marotta because part of the reason they won't leave is due to the high wages.

From their perspective....they are getting high wages; they are at a club that is competing in every competition with a decent chance of winning; good club atmosphere; many of them are used to having decent playing time last year that gives them hope (due to Allegri's rotation).
The contracts of Rugani, Mandzo and Khedira were all extended during the Paratici reign.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Calciomercato, the latest from SKY and others.

- At the moment, there are no offers for Dybala.
- Mandzukic could stay at Juventus until January.
- There is an agreement between Roma and Rugani for a salary of €2.6m per year. Juventus would like to sell but Roma want a loan without obligation to buy outright.
- Advanced talks with Bernardeschi for a new contract until 2024 (4M€ per year).

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Merih Demiral is non-transferable for Juventus, the Turkish defender is staying at the club. [La Stampa]

- - - Updated - - -

Mario Mandzukic has decided to refuse the possibility of joining PSG. The bid to Juventus was ready but the Croatian striker wants to stay. (Fabrizio Romano)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So since we didn't sell Dybs and didnt get Icardi after all,we escaped that 4/10 and it remains a 5.5, would have been 6.3 should we manage to sell Mandzu or Matuidi or Khedira.
Loaning Rugani with an option to buy would make it a 5.0 an obligation to buy will stay at 5.5

Mar 3, 2014
Honestly hope that someone does what Barcelona did to Roma last year and Malcom in this Neymar deal. Barcelona has been pretty slimy in recent years and would love to see a team ruin the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)