Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Forum members want this man though. There will be no problems with him here, they say.
Buy him for cheap, sell him a year later for profit if professionalism is lacking in any way like we did with Cancelo, piss off Inter in the process. Don't see anything wrong with that.

And he should cause maximum damage before leaving and add to the hilarity.

And yeah, obviously no Dybala-Icardi trade, but that was never on the cards. Only ones losing their mind over it are that cray, not our mgmt.

So far, Paratici & Nedved played it perfectly. Increased Lukaku's mkt value, told Icardi to stay put, and he is. :lol: Refused to go to Napoli or anywhere else and decreasing his value and Inter's leverage.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Buy him for cheap, sell him a year later for profit if professionalism is lacking in any way like we did with Cancelo, piss off Inter in the process. Don't see anything wrong with that.
sell him to whom exactly? the same problem he has had finding a team this summer is not going to better next summer. in fact, if he fails here too i bet nobody will touch that hot potato

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

And he should cause maximum damage before leaving and add to the hilarity.

And yeah, obviously no Dybala-Icardi trade, but that was never on the cards. Only ones losing their mind over it are that cray, not our mgmt.

So far, Paratici & Nedved played it perfectly. Increased Lukaku's mkt value, told Icardi to stay put, and he is. :lol: Refused to go to Napoli or anywhere else and decreasing his value and Inter's leverage.
Assuming that all works as planned that is. More than likely it would go the way Kyle stated. We've already been having trouble selling players this summer as it is as well.

I just really would rather not take the risk on him.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
sell him to whom exactly? the same problem he has had finding a team this summer is not going to better next summer. in fact, if he fails here too i bet nobody will touch that hot potato
I thought Icardis are the ones who want to remain in Italy and picked Juve & rejected Napoli. Don't know if any other team showed interest.

Even if they act up, it won't reach Pazza Inter level at Juve. And when he plays, he scores. There's always a demand for goalscorers. We'd be getting him on a heavy discount due to present situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming that all works as planned that is. More than likely it would go the way Kyle stated. We've already been having trouble selling players this summer as it is as well.

I just really would rather not take the risk on him.
We can't if we can't move higuain and mandzo anyway. Rather have him than them.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Amazing when you think about it.....

Rugani rejected moves even to be 1st choice
Mandzukic has rejected countless clubs
Higuain rejected a few including Roma
Dybala rejected Man U and Tottenham
Matuidi wants to stay until end of contract
Khedira rejected so many clubs I lost count.
Cuadrado rejected a few

I am sure there is more. Quite an interesting mercato. In the end, you can't be too harsh on Paratici. If the players don't want to leave what can you do. If anything you can only blame Marotta because part of the reason they won't leave is due to the high wages.

From their perspective....they are getting high wages; they are at a club that is competing in every competition with a decent chance of winning; good club atmosphere; many of them are used to having decent playing time last year that gives them hope (due to Allegri's rotation).

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Cuadrado rejected a few

I am sure there is more. Quite an interesting mercato. In the end, you can't be too harsh on Paratici. If the players don't want to leave what can you do. If anything you can only blame Marotta because part of the reason they won't leave is due to the high wages.

From their perspective....they are getting high wages; they are at a club that is competing in every competition with a decent chance of winning; good club atmosphere; many of them are used to having decent playing time last year that gives them hope (due to Allegri's rotation).
Rugani hasn't rejected Roma. It's Juve that wants an obligation not an option according to Di Marzio and co. I'm glad Dybala rejected United otherwise you'd have Lukaku leading the line this Saturday.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009

Cuadrado rejected a few

Rugani, Cuadrado, Matuidi and even Khedira and Mandzu dont have very high wages I think. Maybe they like it here, maybe they think they can still contribute, maybe they think there is still place to fight for in the starting lineup..

My point is I dont think they are staying for the money.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Yes, I'm sure they plotted all this. You give them far way too much credit.

The same Fabulous Fab who is probably willing to sell his own mother for some plusvalenza is suddenly some scheming Mercato Mastermind.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. You're one of those "once he smells the Juventus environment, he'll be purged of all evil." Some Tuzzers are even worse than hard-line Catholics :p

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so let's assume Fabulous Fab Fails in selling anyone before the Mercato deadline. Who do we leave off the CL list?

Matuidi? Khedira? Perin? Rugani? Mandzukic? :boh: How many do we need to "sacrifice?"

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

The same Fabulous Fab who is probably willing to sell his own mother for some plusvalenza is suddenly some scheming Mercato Mastermind.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. You're one of those "once he smells the Juventus environment, he'll be purged of all evil." Some Tuzzers are even worse than hard-line Catholics :p

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so let's assume Fabulous Fab Fails in selling anyone before the Mercato deadline. Who do we leave off the CL list?

Matuidi? Khedira? Perin? Rugani? Mandzukic? :boh: How many do we need to "sacrifice?"
Who cares how many we sacrifice?
They know the risk by staying. Is not as if we sold them they would be on it.
They know they are probably gonna be used only in seria A and coppa.
Select your best players for cl and be done with it.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

Wouldn't be the first time we increased price for another Serie A team.

Lol at Lukaku playing Sarriball. Absolute scenes.

Would you rather he blindly conducted mercato activities without paying attn to numbers, or are finances not part of this?

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
There is some luxury in having so many players. If we aren't getting in trouble with all the wages, having such a huge squad is awesome. I'd seriously leave rugani, perin, matuidi and pjaca off the list. If we need to choose another one, I'd go for mandzukic.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Cuadrado rejected a few

Rugani knows he isnt going to play so its really confusing
Mandzukic might think he has a chance breaking in
Higuain has a good reason - He is currently a starter...
Dybala - He is being pushed out to teams he doesnt want to join - Maybe he believes in his potential as potentially only Ronaldo is better than him in our team...
Matuidi - Honestly can you blame him - We tell him to go and then we play him..
Khedira - He is old and his only real option is to go to MLS - Maybe he still wants Europe
Cuadrado - He is being of use..

Out of these players Rugani is the only illogical one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)