Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (47 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
from 25m with obligation and 2 nice youngsters

to

that

LOL

:gdm::red:
Wasn't Monaco interested in Rugani?

- - - Updated - - -

PSG have contacted Juventus today for Mandzukic, given the injuries of Cavani & Mbappé - The Croatian player is evaluating, but does not want to leave juve for psg.[Di Marzio]

- - - Updated - - -

Rugani to Roma gets complicated again, While Demiral to Milan hypothesis is possible. (NickCecca)

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Fabulous Fabio drooling at the prospect of Plusvalenza, even if it's detrimental to the team. Let's weaken our CB position by having to rely on Bonucci and Rugani :howler: :rofl: if Chiellini gets injured.

Good job selling Kean and Cancelo for mega bucks Fabio :baus: :tup: Absolutely legendary :fab:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Loyalty is a big issue for us. Up to six players would rather be reserve or persona non grata and stay put than leave and be a wanted protagonist for a decent team. This is surreal. We need less loyal players and more mercenaries. Our mgmt is doing too good a job. Employee satisfaction 100%. And even when they leave, they come back. We need to hire someone from Milan to throw in a little chaos.

What happened to @AndreaCristiano ? Hope Paratici, gurus, and eventful summer didn't give him a heart attack.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Looks like Inter have almost officially signed Alexis Sanchez. Therefore, I doubt this Dybala swap would happen. The Mandzukic-Icardi swap seems more likely.

My base case right now though is no new arrivals. Hopefully it's rugani that leaves. I expect over midfield departure but given that matuidi and khedira started, my guess is it's either Can or Bentancur with my money on Can.

I reckon the Mandzu-Icardi swap only happens if Dybala goes to PSG

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
If Rabiot can play regista comfortably and doesn't look like a part-timer there, loan Bentancur out if no one wants to leave.

Selling Rugani and signing a LB-CB is fine and prolly achievable.

Higuain is a humongous issue.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Not so much as us not being clinical (yet) in front of goal.

Look how many shots we have created so far per game. Heck, vs Parma I think we had 14 shots...double that in the friendlies. Our problem isn't assists, it is our attack not finishing their chances. Costa was robbed of an assist b/c GOAT as offside. Players will start bagging assists as soon as we improve in front of goal.
We are wrong if we are going to search for 20+ goals per season, without considering how many points the goals really means

We better get 15 goals per season players that can score goals that count as much as points.

Instead someone that score 5 goals in one easy match then does not score where we really need, we better get players thay score 1 goals here and there to give us the 3 point often

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

rainhard

May 5, 2004
If you look at the bigger picture Sarri has a system and Ronaldo has a free pass to do whatever he likes. He starts on the wing but likes to come inside and shoot. Costa hugs the sides but when he's one on one he'll drive towards the box looking to shoot the angle or assist someone in the centre. Ronaldo often comes into that space for the tap in or his trademark headed goal. Higuain and Icardi occupy that space too but that's all. Higuain can pop off some tight passing but he's no assist man. Dybala hovers around the box but can move into the vacant space left by Ronaldo. He can assist, he can create and feed Ronaldo better than Icardi. With Sarri there won't be any hoofing the ball to the big CF, long balls go down the channels for the fast wingers to collect. Dybala for Chiesa is a much better option than Icardi; Chiesa scores, assists, uses the wings and will drift in and out of the middle.

There's no point getting Icardi if we won't play his style. Look at the type of purchases Barca make to keep Messi their main protagonist, Neymar/Suarez/Griezmann all have the specific qualities that benefit the system being able to switch positions making space for each other. Ronaldo, Dybala and Costa should be as good if they become clinical finishers. Higuain and Icardi need to be running on to the ball in front of them just to strike towards the goal, a ball by Lukaku using his strength to lay off to Icardi to slot home. A pure playmaker behind Lukaku and Icardi is what they need and Sarri doesn't do this so why go down this road? If Conte is smart he'll integrate Icardi back into the team because the system is perfect for Icardi but he won't, still doesn't mean we should get him because he's available.
True this

Chiesa is the real solution for us, Costa on the left Chiesa from the right and CR7 as CF

Every team will be scared as shit when we get the possession. The only thing that miss is creativity in front of Pjanic. The midfield duo upfield need to have ability to strike from 2nd line or to give through pass for wingers or CF that available

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Not sure what's going on? Are we making any more signings? Nedved says we are but its August 27th and there has been no rumors what so ever which is strange since information always leaks from us.
Tomorrow is CL group draw, if we or some clubs get tough or hell groups then we will see some movement in transfer market til deadline day

Jul 13, 2010
Tomorrow is CL group draw, if we or some clubs get tough or hell groups then we will see some movement in transfer market til deadline day

I don't believe this could actually be a logic. The level of teams in the brackets are not even that huge, those groups will be around simmilar level and we are still expected to go through regardless

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I expect one or two signings on the last day and they arent going to be the signings we all want..
Rakitic - I do expect us to go for him considering Ramsey is injury prone - Im not a big fan but it is logical we will go for someone to boost our mid and we all know we arent going to splash 150M on Pogba out of the blue..
Icardi - Inter dont want him which means they will definitely sell - If Icardi declines every team they dont really have a choice.. - Im not a fan but I think we will make player+cash or even the trade we all hope we dont make..

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the first part - I honestly didnt know the draw is tomorrow...
The rest has nothing to do with our transfer strategy as we arent exactly a team looking to just advance..

- - - Updated - - -

:baus: :tup: You're in favor of an angsty one dimensional cunt? Decide games? Sure, against cannon fodder and minnows. I'm not against selling Dybala, but only for an upgrade, and Icunti most definitely isn't one. Give me Neymar or Eriksen and you won't find me moaning.
Eriksen would be my choice too 100% over Icardi. I just see no point in signing Icardi whilst we still have The Go Compare Guy and Mandzukic.[/QUOTE]
I honestly dont understand why we didnt try to sign Eriksen
Yeah he will be a freebie but its not as all freebies first choice is Juventus..
We will try but also Barcelona Real and others and I think his heart is already set on Real Madrid.. Signing him for a cut down price would have upgraded our midfield and guarantee him on our team + If he wants to join Real later - no problem just let them pay over 100M for him and we get a profit as well..
Seems stupid to me not trying for him..

Last edited:

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
According to Gazzetta Dybala rejected the idea of going to Inter, so if we do move for Icardi it will be cash only probably.
But i guess we'll have to sell Mario and maybe Paulo to PSG as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Juve ready to give Mario to Roma on a free loan if they will buy/loan with obligation Rugani.[Corriere dello Sport ]

Bianco2nero

IL NUOVO BOMBER
May 13, 2012
I think that the club was very unprofessional as they already knew they'll get probs with wages etc.. Other clubs are aware of this and they'll used it to get good players for free - cheap..

If they sell Dybala than it would be very stupid, idem Demiral or Can.. Khedira-Matuidi, Mandzukic - Rugani are the only logical and right decisions. I can only live with the idea of selling Dybala if they get Icardi + someone like James on loan (15 million) + obligation to buy at 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)