Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If things stay as they are (big IF I know), the Mercato is a solid 7 for me. Bringing in De Ligt is huge, downgrading @ RB isn't. Selling Kean and Cancelo while failing to get rid of the deadwood is also disappointing. The midfield is better, but still not good enough.

CBs (namely Chiellini, De Ligt and Demiral) are awesome, fullbacks are OKish, midfield has slightly improved, and the attack is practically the same. 7/10.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
If pjanic or dybala leaves for psg i can only think cash is acceptable. Neymar wants a billiom dollars per second lol. Verratti 2 years ago wouod be great but not now. Draxler no thanks and Di Maria ia above 30...we have enough of them.

Take the money and bank it...keep what we have and eventually Sarri will bitch about missing a Dybala or Pjanic type and it will be another wasted season.

As for the market overall it has been very strange. We were meant to rejuvenate central defense and upgrade our midfield and sell the deadweight.

We achieved 2 out of 3. Midfield with a fit Ramsey and rabiot and pjanic is a huge upgrade from last season. De ligt and demiral was great work. Cancelo for danilo still has me staggered. All for sellinf cancelo but danilo?

If I see Khedira and Matuidi starting again I will literally hire a fucking hitman to take them and the coaching staff out.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
If things stay as they are (big IF I know), the Mercato is a solid 7 for me. Bringing in De Ligt is huge, downgrading @ RB isn't. Selling Kean and Cancelo while failing to get rid of the deadwood is also disappointing. The midfield is better, but still not good enough.

CBs (namely Chiellini, De Ligt and Demiral) are awesome, fullbacks are OKish, midfield has slightly improved, and the attack is practically the same. 7/10.
Let's see how Rabiot and Ramsey develope into the team.
Because if they can't adapt we're fucked

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

We are definitely better than last year but I did expect a star signing in midfield and no despite me appreciating Rabiot - He isnt the star signing I was referring to..

Paolino

Nov 1, 2013
Juventus are reportedly keen on signing Paris Saint-Germain and France Under-21 left-back Stanley Nsoki.
According to L’Equipe, Juve are favourites for Nsoki ahead of Nice as they are prepared to take him on a permanent basis.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Juventus are reportedly keen on signing Paris Saint-Germain and France Under-21 left-back Stanley Nsoki.
According to L’Equipe, Juve are favourites for Nsoki ahead of Nice as they are prepared to take him on a permanent basis.
Anyone ever seen him?! I dont recall watching someone under that name and I did see some of PSG...

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
We shouldn't panic buy to fill gaps that we are suddenly making. The Cancelo deal is exactly that, we should dominate the discussions because they wanted him so take the full 60M and then take some time to get a proper replacement. Player plus cash deal means a downgrade.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

No idea, according to article he has played only 14 games so that explains it. I think only seen him once in a late sub situation and he was CB at the time. Maybe going for him because he could replace Rugani and Spinazzola at the same time, would strictly be a defensive LB fill in it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

They are probably trolling, right?

Nah you have that avenue safely cornered :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
No idea, according to article he has played only 14 games so that explains it. I think only seen him once in a late sub situation and he was CB at the time. Maybe going for him because he could replace Rugani and Spinazzola at the same time, would strictly be a defensive LB fill in it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah you have that avenue safely cornered :D
I like how you changed your tune from accusing me of pessimism to trolling. Whatever makes you happy I guess.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I like how you changed your tune from accusing me of pessimism to trolling. Whatever makes you happy I guess.

Lol why post if you cant handle being pointed out for it? Your form of "joking" is basically trolling lately, if you are not making these overly sarcastic/surreal remarks to get a reaction, then what are you doing? Being serious?.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We shouldn't panic buy to fill gaps that we are suddenly making. The Cancelo deal is exactly that, we should dominate the discussions because they wanted him so take the full 60M and then take some time to get a proper replacement. Player plus cash deal means a downgrade.
Usually...

Apr 17, 2013
Anyone ever seen him?! I dont recall watching someone under that name and I did see some of PSG...
He played at the beginning of the season because kurazawa was injured (and he is bad), and because bernat hadn't yet signed with PSG. He is a physical player, who knows how to defend but his offensive contribution is weak, his favorite position is CD. The information coming out of nowhere, all summer there are rumors sending him to Newcastle and Nice. According to the media the psg wants to sell him for over 15 million lol, nice doesn't want to pay this price, maybe the psg / player uses Juve to put pressure on Nice.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Lol why post if you cant handle being pointed out for it? Your form of "joking" is basically trolling lately, if you are not making these overly sarcastic/surreal remarks to get a reaction, then what are you doing? Being serious?.
Handle what? I don't really care. As I said, I like it. It amuses me. React all you want, it just adds to my amusement. I don't know what joking you mean not I do know what sarcasm you mean. I have been posting this way ever since I joined this forum and the reactions have been many and I am still here and have no intentions of leaving nor stopping posting.

Apr 19, 2007
I think all things considered it has been a good mercato. Brought in a star generational player in De Ligt as well as two young CB prospects(Im really high on Demiral)But Romero might even be better. Midfield is improved greatly and I think we will see that later in the season. We got younger across the board which is always good. The one big issue is with the deadwood not being sold. I did think we were going to make a big purchase in the midfield or attack which can still hapeen technically. But overall our team is improved from last year IMO so thats really the goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)