Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobeAle

Aug 11, 2014
The gameplan of management is actually transparent (unless they get Icardi...then I'll be confused). But every player sold has a less favourable tax structure. At £200,000 pw, you're looking at £10,400,000 gross per year, which nets out to £5,720,000 net or €6,234,000 net. Dybala earns ~€7,000,000 net or €12,280,000 gross. If we were to swap them, Lukaku if offered the same net of €6,234,000 would gross up to €7,900,000. I guess the way Juve's management is looking at it is: we can sign a "top Striker" while selling a player who has struggled since CR7 came in. We can receive potentially €20M in cash extra (if reports are correct), and reduce payroll by €4 million by replacing Dybala with a player who fills a need (apparently we need a #9, even though I disagree), while reducing the like for like gross salary by 35%.
I like that part “top Striker”, i would like to see Lukaku play for Juve, he’s not that old and could regain great form, but not at Dybala’s expense. I also do think that wages play a big part in it, but in my opinion they need to try the hardest to find new clubs for Higuain and Mandzbro, before making any movements for another striker

Soloist

Feb 2, 2019
The gameplan of management is actually transparent (unless they get Icardi...then I'll be confused). But every player sold has a less favourable tax structure. At £200,000 pw, you're looking at £10,400,000 gross per year, which nets out to £5,720,000 net or €6,234,000 net. Dybala earns ~€7,000,000 net or €12,280,000 gross. If we were to swap them, Lukaku if offered the same net of €6,234,000 would gross up to €7,900,000. I guess the way Juve's management is looking at it is: we can sign a "top Striker" while selling a player who has struggled since CR7 came in. We can receive potentially €20M in cash extra (if reports are correct), and reduce payroll by €4 million by replacing Dybala with a player who fills a need (apparently we need a #9, even though I disagree), while reducing the like for like gross salary by 35%.
We are desperate for capital gain that's why Dybala and Kean are leaving

Apr 19, 2007
Not replacing Pirlo (and marchisio when he played regista) has been the biggest issue. They keep trying to make Pjanic into one, but he just isn’t the answer and they seemingly refuse to accept it. He needs to have a free role further up and they need to go out and find a proper fucking replacement or else we will be right back here next year in the same position.
I agree. We have had so many holes to fill in the last 8 years but now we are looking more and more balanced and able to make better decisions instead of trying to fix 3 problems with the budget of one player. Another problem was when we lost those mids we also had very little attack and its very pricey to address that.

Mar 3, 2014
In other words, we need to move salaries around due to us paying CR7 the equivalent of the Gross National Product of Peru.
I mean we directly got a 35M per year increase from Adidas after signing Ronaldo. Essentially Adidas covered 2/3 of the wage. The 100M payment was still large to buy him, but there are other benefits as well related to the brand that will continue - including pricing power on match day. I think the rest of it is management trying to be clever in order to create room for more signings. If you can reduce the majority of your wages by 30%, that will go far in allowing you to make a couple of purchases that can put you over the top

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Latest rumors:

Kean to Everton
Higuain to Roma
Mandzukic and Dybala to MU
Lukaku to Juve
Cancelo to City rumors once again
Khedira to Arsenal
Matuidi to Monaco
and who'll be the back up striker for Juventus?
Anyway it's madness Lukaku for Dybala or for 80m.
Rather take Icardi for 40-50m

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Latest rumors:

Kean to Everton
Higuain to Roma
Mandzukic and Dybala to MU
Lukaku to Juve
Cancelo to City rumors once again
Khedira to Arsenal
Matuidi to Monaco
This feels so weird.

I don't mind Khedira going. I wouldn't mind letting both Mandzukic and Dybala go. I don't like Lukaku news. I would also keep Kean especially if Mandzu/Dybala leave.

I also think Matuidi should stay.

Jul 13, 2010
This feels so weird.

I don't mind Khedira going. I wouldn't mind letting both Mandzukic and Dybala go. I don't like Lukaku news. I would also keep Kean especially if Mandzu/Dybala leave.

I also think Matuidi should stay.
Matuidi staying would give a chance for Sarri to play him, which is not great

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)