Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (146 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I am just as upset about this swap as pretty much everyone here. My only hope is that we should wait and see how we judge this mercato when its finished.

Just thinking out loud here....

Say this goes through and Higuain and Mandzukic leave too. We would have the following 5 forwards: Cuadrado, Bernardeschi, Costa, Ronaldo, Lukaku - (that looks a little light weight for me). For mids, Khedira is probably leaving - that leaves us with 6 mids (Pjanic, Benta, Rabiot, Can, Matuidi, Ramsey). If Matuidi leaves as well, we would only have 5 but Bernardeschi would be the Ramsey 2nd stringer.

Now under Sarri's system, if we kept Cancelo and Sandro - he usually gets one of those to stay back. So think.....Cancelo is the one who provides the width on the right side which means that the right side would be an inside forward (most likely Bernardeschi). If Ronaldo plays in the middle, then Costa would be the one providing the width on the left side. If Lukaku plays as the center forward, then Ronaldo plays as the inside left forward and Cuadrado plays as the one on the right (being right footed).

I say this because from learning from Chelsea and Napoli line-ups. He usually has 1 of his front 3 being a proper winger and the left back acting as a wing back on the other side.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Unless Paulo rejects it and refuses to move.

I am just as upset about this swap as pretty much everyone here. My only hope is that we should wait and see how we judge this mercato when its finished.

Just thinking out loud here....

Say this goes through and Higuain and Mandzukic leave too. We would have the following 5 forwards: Cuadrado, Bernardeschi, Costa, Ronaldo, Lukaku - (that looks a little light weight for me). For mids, Khedira is probably leaving - that leaves us with 6 mids (Pjanic, Benta, Rabiot, Can, Matuidi, Ramsey). If Matuidi leaves as well, we would only have 5 but Bernardeschi would be the Ramsey 2nd stringer.

Now under Sarri's system, if we kept Cancelo and Sandro - he usually gets one of those to stay back. So think.....Cancelo is the one who provides the width on the right side which means that the right side would be an inside forward (most likely Bernardeschi). If Ronaldo plays in the middle, then Costa would be the one providing the width on the left side. If Lukaku plays as the center forward, then Ronaldo plays as the inside left forward and Cuadrado plays as the one on the right (being right footed).

I say this because from learning from Chelsea and Napoli line-ups. He usually has 1 of his front 3 being a proper winger and the left back acting as a wing back on the other side.
Agree on waiting for the mercato to close before making conclusion.
Cuad to start?i doubt.

Mar 3, 2014
To me it doesn't seem necessary. I have us coming in at a slight FFP loss this year. I spent some time trying to project this years' financial result. We literally managed to sell ~150M Eur in gains on sales/ loans - despite the material step up in cost this year (without the benefit of the adidas deal), we managed to only lose around 7M according to the FFP definition (estimated: without FFP add-backs it is around 34M loss for the year.)

All of those loans and sales really paid off. This year we'll get a nice boost from Adidas. And I'm sure there are other sponsorship step ups that I'm not aware of. If we sell a few surplus players, plus unload guys like Favilli in 2020, we'll be in good shape. Selling Dybala & Kean at the discussed price will give you ~130M in upfront gains, and that doesn't include sales like Mandzukic, Matuidi or any youth. That + the Adidas step-up will mean a pretty large surplus. The only reason to have a surplus that big is if you're planning a big purchase.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
What the hell is going on here? Dybala, Kean, Higuain and now Mandzukic all reported to be leaving. How do we replace all four with Lukaku?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Dybala for Lukaku is an amateurish deal by the club. If we then swap Lukaku for Icardi I'll be less pissed off but if that doesnt happen I have no idea how Lukaku improves us.

All we needed to do was improve our midfield and get some youth into that central defense. We managed to get Ramsey rabiot de ligt and demiral and even landed buffon back...fuckin excellent work. An SMS addition would have finished it off nicely from a purchase perspective.

How the Fuck are we losing Dybala and kean?

Mercato has gone from an 8 plus to a 3 out of 10.

Mar 3, 2014
After the sale of dybala Juve will sell Cancelo and Rugani(TJ)
Why in the world would we need a transfer surplus of >200M lmao. These guys better have a plan.
Presumably you’re selling
Cancelo for 50, Dybala for 100, Rugani for 40, Kean for 40 and that doesn’t even include obvious sales like Mandzukic (20), Matuidi (20), Higuaín? You’re pulling in a gain on sale of like 250 million. Why the f would you need that? The only logical answer is 1-2 massive purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Why in the world would we need a transfer surplus of >200M lmao. These guys better have a plan.
Presumably you’re selling
Cancelo for 50, Dybala for 100, Rugani for 40, Kean for 40 and that doesn’t even include obvious sales like Mandzukic (20), Matuidi (20), Higuaín? You’re pulling in a gain on sale of like 250 million. Why the f would you need that? The only logical answer is 1-2 massive purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mandzukic does not have any offers at the moment and higuain won't leave I think we will buy Pogba and Icardi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 140)