Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If we want Icardi why would we do this? You can let Inter buy Lukaku and then get Icardi on cheap later in the summer.
Thing is, for their final lukaku push, they need the icardi money.... And icardi only wants us, but inter doesntt want to sell on our terms.

The deals are a dead end until something start rolling

- - - Updated - - -

What happened to Dybala and costa being crucial to Sarri plans?
Not being able to offload mandxukic, khedira, perin, rugani, and more important, higuain, happened.

Thats my wild guess

Buy on AliExpress.com

AllegriGOAT

Jul 30, 2019
Let's try make sense of the Dybala situation before we start cussing the management. Firstly, Paratici would never agree letting Dybala go without any capital gain unless Sarri told him Dybala won't be in his plan. How Dybala can't be in Sarri's plans? Here's why:

1) Sarri likes to play a lone striker upfront in his system with Higuain at Napoli and Morata for a time being until Jan at Chelsea then re-signing Higuain in the window. We all know Sarri doesn't rotate much so having Lukaku and keeping Higuian will be enough in his mind. Since Mandzukic can't offer upfront as he used to, Lukaku will be the younger alternative upfront.

2) This is what Sarri said in a press conference last week:

Sarri says Ronaldo is the only player in his side with the license to "be free on the pitch".
Following their 3-2 defeat to Tottenham in the International Champions Cup, the new Juventus boss praised the Portugal captain, claiming that as one of the world's best players he should be given the freedom to be as creative as he can.

"Cristiano is the best player in our team, of course," Sarri said. "So I think that we have to organise very well the other 10 for the defensive phase. But Cristiano can go everywhere on the pitch. He is the best player and I think that for him it's very important to be free on the pitch.
Sarri has stated Ronaldo will play in a free role while the other 10 players follow his instructions. It worked for him at Napoli with Dries Mertens and Eden Hazard at Chelsea with both players having their best seasons under him. You think Dybala should suit in a free role given he is at his best when roaming in the attacking third but Sarri chose Ronaldo in that role so that leave Dybala with not much option regarding first team opportunities.

3) This benefits only Manchester United. The manager at the club has no use for Lukaku as his shortcomings will only hinder his team. Lukaku openly wants a move to Italy but given the financial situation this only leave Inter and Juventus as his only destinations. Conte always wanted Lukaku as he tried to buy from Everton before United trumped him in summer 2017. He is back in management with Inter this time and trying to get him once again only Inter can't offer what Utd demand. Instead of wasting time with Inter, this proposal works in their favor as they get one of the best attacking players in world football while offloading an unwanted asset.

So in short, the reason why the Dybala-Lukaku has become ever likely is because one does not fit with Sarri's vision while the other does and Inter can't agree on Utd's valuation.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
If Lukaku - Dybala rumours are true, it's possible we're doing that because Dybala doesn't want Inter, but we want Icardi (while Manutd don't want Icardi..)
What are the chances for a double-swap with Lukaku going from Man to Juve, to Inter? Are we getting Icardi at the end, is that even allowed/possible?

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
If Lukaku - Dybala rumours are true, it's possible we're doing that because Dybala doesn't want Inter, but we want Icardi (while Manutd don't want Icardi..)
What are the chances for a double-swap with Lukaku going from Man to Juve, to Inter? Are we getting Icardi at the end, is that even allowed/possible?
found this :

Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play offi cial matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in offi cial matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected.

i guess we can send him to inda for icardi :rolleyes2:

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
found this :

Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play offi cial matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in offi cial matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected.

i guess we can send him to inda for icardi :rolleyes2:
Yeah, seems entirely possible. Wouldn't be surprised if we actually do this. Not sure if I'd be happy tho - i really think Dybs would shine under Sarri...

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah, seems entirely possible. Wouldn't be surprised if we actually do this. Not sure if I'd be happy tho - i really think Dybs would shine under Sarri...
yeah me neither, but i guess icardi does look better than lukaku and we are rumored to get lukaku + 15 20 mil. so it would be icardi + 15-20 for dybs
it's not ideal but it is what it is.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
sacrificing dybala and buying lukaku to please inda, just end up with a player they are fucking desperate to sell? that would be the biggest cuck move ever in football history. we could also rename the club to piemonte suning while we're at it.

Nov 1, 2015
it seems management has to make 1 obviously piss poor decision that a semi-retarded chimpanzee can see is wrong every single mercato…

whether its loaning higuain with an option and giving up one of the best defending prospects in the world for a washed up bonucci.

selling vidal for peanuts

buying Morata with buy-back option.

and now the cherry on top. selling one of the worlds best attacking prospects, that you developed yourself without a buyback clause... looks like they have to get their shitty move itch out of the way with this..

just vomit inducing. for the love of god dont sell keane without a buyback

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Let's keep all the old geezers and sell the promising talent. It's all about plusvalenza and plasticity, and as long as we keep beating up on and bullying pathetic opposition domestically and winning Serie A, who the fuck cares about the CL? Ambition!

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
It's a retarded move regardless.
Why should we care what Inter wants.
Focus on buying a world class midfielder and getting rid of the deadwood. Every year the club tries to be too clever and it backfires spectacularly.

- - - Updated - - -

What if we're getting both Lukaku and Pogba? :snoop:
Than why get Lukaku?
Such a retarded move. Sometimes I just have to :sergio: at our management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)