Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (70 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
So many things wrong about that list. Suarez :lol: I think the guy has scored 2 CL goals in 2 years. Coutinho is a complete flop. Neymar is always injured. Aguero has declined. Jesus is a one season wonder.
Yeah, Suarez has two goals and 10 assists. He's slow, fat, ugly and declining and still better than anything we have excluding Ronaldo. Always injured Neymar has 11 goals in two years. Aguero has 10 goals. Jesus the one season wonder has EIGHT goals coming mostly off the bench.

You're laughing and you're claiming all these arguments as to why this guy is bad or declining or unproven yet you're just proving how bad 'the most stacked attack in Europe' has been compared to them. Kudos.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
lmao

No, it's not really close.

PSG, City, Barcelona, Liverpool are significantly better. Bayern and Real Madrid depending on who they sign this summer could also be in that tier.

Other than Ronaldo there's not a single name in this team that has shown they can CONSISTENTLY break down defenses on the biggest stage. Yeah, Dybala and Bernardeschi had their one big game but I'm sick of that. Ribery, Robben, Hazard, Mbappe haven't built their names on one game or one season. I'll believe it when I see it.
I think you are confused because the only consistent starter over the past few years who is still expected to be one next season is Dybala. Our attack has chopped and changed a lot but the individuals are serious quality and it is stacked imo.

Ronaldo has only been here one year, Mandzukic is being phased out by better players, Bernardeschi impresses when he gets game time but that isn't always the case. Costa excelled as a starter second half of the previous season then last year lost his place in the team due to Ronaldo taking the LW.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I think you are confused because the only consistent starter over the past few years who is still expected to be one next season is Dybala. Our attack has chopped and changed a lot but the individuals are serious quality and it is stacked imo.

Ronaldo has only been here one year, Mandzukic is being phased out by better players, Bernardeschi impresses when he gets game time but that isn't always the case. Costa excelled as a starter second half of the previous season then last year lost his place in the team due to Ronaldo taking the LW.
Well that consistency is exactly my biggest gripe with this team and the point I'm trying to make.

I agree they've been chopped around but it's not because they were great and coach acted on a whim, it's because they've been some combination of bad, injured, unmotivated or whatever. And it's not like we're talking seasoned veterans here who lost their way for a couple of years but you know at some point they were consistent and reliable. We have years of evidence now that two main guys (Dybala, Costa) especially have never been that and there's no real signs of progress there.

I'd be very happy if they turned it around but as of now they're not really close to other top guys and I'm kinda sick of waiting 4-5 months into the season and hoping they turn a corner. At some point you're just what you've always been.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Well that consistency is exactly my biggest gripe with this team and the point I'm trying to make.

I agree they've been chopped around but it's not because they were great and coach acted on a whim, it's because they've been some combination of bad, injured, unmotivated or whatever. And it's not like we're talking seasoned veterans here who lost their way for a couple of years but you know at some point they were consistent and reliable. We have years of evidence now that two main guys (Dybala, Costa) especially have never been that and there's no real signs of progress there.

I'd be very happy if they turned it around but as of now they're not really close to other top guys and I'm kinda sick of waiting 4-5 months into the season and hoping they turn a corner. At some point you're just what you've always been.
Some of this is down to how we play. You don't think dybala would score a shitload of goals if he had the freedom of Salah instead of having to play as a midfielder?

Dybala, Costa, Ronaldo and Bernardeschi are all of real quality. Kean is a world class player in the making and already killing it when he gets the chance.

Players like Cuadrado, Mandzukic and Higuain may not be on that level these days but 1-2 could remain as great options to have as squad players

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Please elaborate. That's why we're here :)
For one, Spina’s horrible injury record.
Apart from that, he still has to prove himself on a consistent basis. He barely played 700 minutes, too little to make an assessment. Compared to that, Sandro played about 75 games in his first two seasons here. Besides, Sandro is a very balanced fullback and is way more solid defensively.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Please elaborate. That's why we're here :)
You want to sell a proven player, granted his form has declined and he's been slightly inconsistent, to replace him with an injury prone unknown quantity and a very young and raw talent. That's a recipe for disappointment. Now, if we bring in a quality LB to replace Sandro, we might consider the possibility of selling him. I'd still keep him though, as I think he'll thrive in a new system where the midfielders actually have quality on the ball, can pass and maintain possession, and are able to ease the pressure on the defense. Sandro will be beasting down the flank and putting in awesome crosses next season.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
You want to sell a proven player, granted his form has declined and he's been slightly inconsistent, to replace him with an injury prone unknown quantity and a very young and raw talent. That's a recipe for disappointment. Now, if we bring in a quality LB to replace Sandro, we might consider the possibility of selling him. I'd still keep him though, as I think he'll thrive in a new system where the midfielders actually have quality on the ball, can pass and maintain possession, and are able to ease the pressure on the defense. Sandro will be beasting down the flank and putting in awesome crosses next season.
I definitely hope so. He is the most physically capable left back we've had in a long time. Now he just needs to get his head right.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
A good coach and suitable system took Liverpool to the CL title, a system that made Milner and Henderson look like GOATs. As good as the front 3 are, the wing backs are instrumental for them plus they have a beast keeper. Player for player they could be way better but as a team, they are excellent. With our players we should be at a similar level, it's up to the coach to fix it rather than doing a PSG and simply collecting expensive players.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Some of this is down to how we play. You don't think dybala would score a shitload of goals if he had the freedom of Salah instead of having to play as a midfielder?

Dybala, Costa, Ronaldo and Bernardeschi are all of real quality. Kean is a world class player in the making and already killing it when he gets the chance.

Players like Cuadrado, Mandzukic and Higuain may not be on that level these days but 1-2 could remain as great options to have as squad players
I'm skeptical but even if he did score more goals doesn't mean the goals would've had the same impact. Higuain scored a shitload of goals and never had that big of an impact on overall play or results in CL especially. I'm looking for a complete package and if Dybala had that he would've shown it given the freedom Allegri gave him. Lack of scoring can be attributed to playing further away from goal. Lack of impact on everything else can't.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Woj (Buffon)
Cancelo (MDS) Bonucci (Rugani) Chiellini (De Ligt) Alex Sandro (Pellegrini)
Ramsey (Bentancur) Pjanic (Can) Rabiot (Zaniolo)
Bernardeschi (Cuadrado) Dybala (Mandzukic) CR7 (Douglas Costa)​

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Last nigh I was dreaming that Nedved's wife left him.

The fuck was that? We can't have such drama in the middle of a transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)