Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (52 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amir3323

Jul 31, 2014
It's one thing to take a risk on Morata with his finishing issues, but anyone who watched Lukaku knows that he's useless in tight spaces with his awful touch.
I have never understood the fascination with Lukaku even back when he was actually scoring goals at Everton. Signing players like him with those ridiculous transfer fees and wages is the primary reason why United are in the gutter.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Out of curiosity, how many Ajax matches you've watched?
Just in the CL but his record speaks for itself - Eliminating both Real and Juve with a team like Ajax who have tenth of our budget and play like they did is enough for me to say I want him as coach
I heard he doesnt do a bad job in the Dutch league as well..

- - - Updated - - -

I can with the utmost confidence tell you that it's a number between 2 and 4.
Its more than that but it does conclude at CL. Yet it is enough to say with these kind of performances

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Just in the CL but his record speaks for itself - Eliminating both Real and Juve with a team like Ajax who have tenth of our budget and play like they did is enough for me to say I want him as coach
I heard he doesnt do a bad job in the Dutch league as well..

- - - Updated - - -

Its more than that but it does conclude at CL. Yet it is enough to say with these kind of performances
Aren't you the one chastising other people for recommending players without watching them?

alex3004

Apr 24, 2019
My first post here, after following the forum for a week or so.

This is for me the ideal summer mercato, that I think is still reasonably realistic:

Manolas 36M - funded by Higuain’s sale to China or something

Perin (20) + Costa (60) + winter income (50) + other sales (Rugani, Orsolini, Rogerio, Khedira, Pjaca, etc) (50) = 180M, ideally enough for Pogba, Romero and a cheap 2nd GK (Sportiello?)

Felix 80-100M - funded by Dybala’s sale

Chiesa, Tonali (loan him out for 1 year), others (Paratici’s tall Serbian defender etc) - out of our own transfer budget

IN: 2nd GK, Manolas, Romero, Tonali, Pogba, Ramsey, Chiesa, Felix

Assuming Max stays:

Szczesny - Cancelo, Bonucci, Chiellini, Sandro - Can, Pjanic, Pogba - Bernardeschi, Mandzukic, Ronaldo

Sportiello(?) - De Sciglio, Manolas, Romero, Spinazzola - Ramsey, Bentancur, Matuidi - Chiesa, Kean, Felix

With Manolas, Kean, Chiesa/Felix potentially becoming starters later through the season

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'd be surprised if United don't offer big money for him. The other possibilities are also unlikely - Spurs or Liverpool. Chelsea can't buy him and he won't return to City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)