Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
If we get this Felix guy, do you guys think we will sell dybala?

Take into consideration we have already sold 50m worth of players (Cerri,Audero, Favilli,Sturaro) and we will probably sell the likes of Cuadrado, Khedira, Higuain, Pjaca etc...

Jun 6, 2015
Higuain is already off our books this season and is unlikely to generate any plusvalenza even if we are able to sell him permanently this summer. Pjaca can't be sold as he is injured and will need time to recover. You could probably generate some money from Khedira and Cuads but I don't see them leaving this summer.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
If we get this Felix guy, do you guys think we will sell dybala?

Take into consideration we have already sold 50m worth of players (Cerri,Audero, Favilli,Sturaro) and we will probably sell the likes of Cuadrado, Khedira, Higuain, Pjaca etc...
If his price is as high as rumoured, he kind of has to go unless we make another big sale. I don't see us spending 100+ mil on an attacker without someone establised leaving, and the amount of bench Dybala has been eating points to that direction. The other option could be Costa.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
If his price is as high as rumoured, he kind of has to go unless we make another big sale. I don't see us spending 100+ mil on an attacker without someone establised leaving, and the amount of bench Dybala has been eating points to that direction. The other option could be Costa.
Last year we had a net spend of 152 million (with the sales of higuain because we loaned him out).
This year we have already sold 50mil of players that are out on loan and we still have to sell the likes of higuain etc..

We could easily have a summer of spending 100-150mil this year too without selling the likes of dybala, costa etc

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
You underrate our midfielders, we can do much better but they still hold their own better than our defence.
Compared to Can, Matuidi and Khedira, when Pjanic is out, they are more than fine.
The reason to why we collapse as soon as a team presses us is because apart from Pjanic, all our midfielders shit their pants with the ball at their feet and they are pressed.

Likewise, that’s also the reason to why Dybala is literally playing as regista when Pjanic is our. None of our other midfielders can pass or carry the ball forward.

We need a backup for Chiellini, but our starting CBs are fine. The lack of attacking midfielders is the most glaring issue in our squad.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
The reason to why we collapse as soon as a team presses us is because apart from Pjanic, all our midfielders shit their pants with the ball at their feet and they are pressed.

Likewise, that’s also the reason to why Dybala is literally playing as regista when Pjanic is our. None of our other midfielders can pass or carry the ball forward.

We need a backup for Chiellini, but our starting CBs are fine. The lack of attacking midfielders is the most glaring issue in our squad.
The first and second paragraph I agree with, but you're kidding yourself if you think the defense is fine. You have much more confidence in Bonucci and Rugani than I have. Against great teams they are ticking time bombs. Those two are only good alternatives in Serie A not for CL. Add to that Barza is retiring we need reinforcement there.

Of course with better CMs we'd play better and it would be more pleasing to the eye. But prioritizing the weakest area is more important

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
The first and second paragraph I agree with, but you're kidding yourself if you think the defense is fine. You have much more confidence in Bonucci and Rugani than I have. Against great teams they are ticking time bombs. Those two are only good alternatives in Serie A not for CL. Add to that Barza is retiring we need reinforcement there.

Of course with better CMs we'd play better and it would be more pleasing to the eye. But prioritizing the weakest area is more important
Bonucci and Rugani are both fine when they play with Chiellini, the problem occurs when they play with each other.

Ideally we need a younger version of Chiellini. I just hope that Romero turns out to be as good as the Genoa coach thinks he is.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Bonucci and Rugani are both fine when they play with Chiellini, the problem occurs when they play with each other.

Ideally we need a younger version of Chiellini. I just hope that Romero turns out to be as good as the Genoa coach thinks he is.
You're settling for a pretty low bar is all I can say

I want world class players next to Chiellini and to take over him one day, not players that needs Chiellini to cover for them

See the difference it made to Liverpool to get Van Dijk for instance

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Swap Dybala for Marcelo & Varane. Would you do it?

Or we could move for Umtiti. When he's not injured it's a top quality player.

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Swap Dybala for Marcelo & Varane. Would you do it?

Or we could move for Umtiti. When he's not injured it's a top quality player.
Well Im not that enthusiastic about Marcelo since he is already old so the question is just value.
I think we could fetch something like 100M-120M for Dybala
Varane is a great defender but since he is a defender his value should be lower - Something around the sum of De Ligt probably so 70M it is
If we get Marcelo it means we sell A.Sandro which I think is ok considering we have Spinazzola (even if I rather have A.Sandro than Marcelo) so thats 50M
It seems like a fair trade value wise , maybe we even lose a bit on it but we do get a great young CB so..
I think I`d take it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)