Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2006
Might not be totally correct, but an interesting summation (from FIF):
So apparently the situation is roughly as follows.

Icardi deems Spalletti responsible for killing the confidence of the team and losing out in the Champions League despite the good start.
The management sort of agreed and had Spalletti on a short lease.
Some other players just got tired of various things at the club, including Icardi and Wanda antics, so they just found more solid ground to whine about.

Then Marotta came and wanted to give time to everyone.

There was growing tension in the locker room between pro Spalletti and anti Spalletti players. This is also when we have the Nainggolan audio incident.

Then Marotta decided that the plan was set and that pretty much most of the team was on the transfer list, including Spalletti.
So players got even worst with each other, Nainggolan and Icardi almost beat each other up after a game only to semi-reconcile around days later before another game.

And here ia where Marotta magic intervenes, calls everyone for an evaluation as well as an examination of team chemistry dynamics. A shitstorm followed and it was apparently obvious that there were issues between Icardi and Spalletti, some other players with Spalletti - backing Icardi - and then other players who had a beef with Icardi. And lots of those backed Spalletti.

So Marotta in the meantime had called Spalletti up in a top meetin with Zhang involved to give him an ultimatum.

Then we have Wanda calling out "bad teammates" in public (probably a stab at Perisic mostly), Icardi uploading and deleting flaming posts right away and the Inter management saying Icardi is no longet the captain.

So Marotta and the Inter management who have told Spalletti that he's gonna leave at the end of the season if he doesn't bring us the Europa (as we were out of the Coppa already) and a 3rd place and have also told Perisic that there's no way he'll continue at Inter next season, have decided to penalize the AntiSpalletti camp leader and captain by pretty much telling him to fuck off. The one player who happens to be a certainty at the club as he had zero intentions of leaving. The player who now earns as much as Tottenham's Son (when he signs)...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I see us being linked to Eder Militao as an alternative to de Ligt. Funny, just yesterday I was thinking that I wouldn't be surprised if we were looking at him. We seem to have a good relationship with Porto, and they are a perfect club to buy from for talented players going onto an elite level.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I see us being linked to Eder Militao as an alternative to de Ligt. Funny, just yesterday I was thinking that I wouldn't be surprised if we were looking at him. We seem to have a good relationship with Porto, and they are a perfect club to buy from for talented players going onto an elite level.
He'd also cost around 50 million (his clause) which is significantly less than what De Ligt would set us back. He's only 21 with plenty of experience, so not a bad alternative.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
Somehow I have a very positive feeling about this Militao guy. We need to find Chiellini's heir and this guy looks much more nature heir than De Ligt. His play is aggressive, but intelligence. He even plays the same role (fullback) before move to CB and have similar physical like young Chiellini.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
How good is Militao if lets say we compare him to Rugani and how will you compare Rugani and De Ligt (just to understand how good is that Militao dude)

athas

Jul 15, 2007
How good is Militao if lets say we compare him to Rugani and how will you compare Rugani and De Ligt (just to understand how good is that Militao dude)
I've seen too little of Militao and De Ligt to have good opinion. They are two different type, with Militao more of aggressive CB and De Ligt more of commanding type, so it's difficult to compare. I think they are same level with Rugani overall right now, with each have their own strengths.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
This summer we should say thanks to Barzagli and Khedira.

Then do everything needed to bring in De Ligt and Isco.

And that's it. Keep everyone else.

With Ramsey already signed it would be a 10/10 Mercato for me.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He's another pleb who'll waste his potential. Juve could have made him a serious professional.
and that is probably the reason why we never were seriously linked with him since he joined psg. not his salary or market price, not his profile not fitting juve, not the sheik's lack of willingness to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)