Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (54 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
De ligt will bench Bonucci and is defenitely good enough to give you major impact in CL defensively, we saw that ourselves. Ajax could play high line because he was back there, not Daley Blind.

Regarding the extra dynamic and creative CM part, I agree but not with the choice of player. IMO we need more of a two way player like Pogba, SMS or such. We are playing 433 not 4213 with sole AM. So that the more attacking CM needs to be someone who can also hustle and battle in midfield because creating and attacking. James cant do that. And it would be unbalanced to have him when our regista is Pjanic, a creator who cant defend or physically cover much.

If our regista was more defensive I would understood asking for a more Isco type of AM as 3rd CM. But if we do it like that now it would mean only Rabiot/Can would only one in midfield decent at winning badly possession. Doesnt work. Especially Sarri who likes a aggressive pressuring game. Two way players needed for that. An Allan of sort.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Ramsey, Rabiot, Can and Bentancur are all from good to great in defending. First two are quite dynamic and can move ball forward. We don’t need Alan and likes. Tbh, I think if Cancelo stays put we are all set, no glaring weakness in this squad.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
De ligt will bench Bonucci and is defenitely good enough to give you major impact in CL defensively, we saw that ourselves. Ajax could play high line because he was back there, not Daley Blind.

Regarding the extra dynamic and creative CM part, I agree but not with the choice of player. IMO we need more of a two way player like Pogba, SMS or such. We are playing 433 not 4213 with sole AM. So that the more attacking CM needs to be someone who can also hustle and battle in midfield because creating and attacking. James cant do that. And it would be unbalanced to have him when our regista is Pjanic, a creator who cant defend or physically cover much.

If our regista was more defensive I would understood asking for a more Isco type of AM as 3rd CM. But if we do it like that now it would mean only Rabiot/Can would only one in midfield decent at winning badly possession. Doesnt work. Especially Sarri who likes a aggressive pressuring game. Two way players needed for that. An Allan of sort.
I sure hope tht you are right about Bonucci.

Yes indeed, he wouldn't fit a 4-3-3, Pogbs and SMS would do better in that,
we would need a different system, but it could happen and even use Ramsey or Berna as his subs. One of the reasons is not happening is that we lack the player for it.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
My dream signings Godin and James are snapped by other Italian teams, while we are not even trying...
We are dragged into chasing opportunity targets and missing the point, we are repeating past mistakes over and over again...
We got many others.. The board not agreeing with you doesnt mean they are doing a mistake...
Godin is a dinosaur and we already have those so the whole thing is about rejuvenate and also building for the future while remain great
De Ligt is one of the best CB in the world and is only 19 year old... Signing Godin as well would mean a big problem with our team as you either piss one of the 3 and cause problems within the team or you play a 3 at the back without having any other option..

James - I like this player as well but maybe our board dont believe he is what we need at the moment...
Just to remind you years ago we were linked with Dzeko and I doubt you`d want him now as we currently have Ronaldo Higuain Kean and Mandzukic - Do we still need a Dzeko?! I dont think so...

I personally would like us to go for him as he can play various roles like CM AM and winger which could be very good for us but I dont think he is Sarri kind of player.. and I think this is also the reason why we dont go after him...

- - - Updated - - -

Ramsey, Rabiot, Can and Bentancur are all from good to great in defending. First two are quite dynamic and can move ball forward. We don’t need Alan and likes. Tbh, I think if Cancelo stays put we are all set, no glaring weakness in this squad.
I disagree about the last part but we are quite good..
I disagree not because of Cancelo but because we have no idea how we play and what we really miss while Dybala is a big question mark..
one star CM could really helped while our "Ronaldo helpers" need to prove themselves as Dybala needs to reinvent himself under Sarri while D.C needs to show consistency and Bernardeschi needs to step up a bit more...
Higuain is Higuain and has declined a lot + He`ll probably be a sub at best while Kean we cant really ask him for more - He is young and developing well...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I agree with this in a vacuum, but like who?
Well this one is a tough one..
Pogba - Seems like Man Utd dont really care about their players`s wellness and demand ridiculous prices for their players..
Eriksen - Not exactly the type as I wanted someone who is physical and technical and Eriksen is not exactly physical but he could take the initiative in midfield and be our leader in midfield
SMS - Im not sure he could take a leader role yet but he has strength dribbling passing and also defends better than Pogba for example..

There is always the outsider option which means there is an option for going for someone we either havent been linked with or we dont even know..

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I can't believe there are complaints. The old juve would have got Godin on a free while others would have bought de Ligt. Now we are buying the right players and still people complain.

Rabiot and Ramsey are top notch inclusions in our midfield.

The market isn't over. We may lose cancelo...we may buy Icardi. But as of today no one should be complaining.

And not buying for pogba for 160m is actually smart business. He is overpriced.

Jul 13, 2010
At this point I think a lot of top teams are struggling with that box-to-box kind of player. I don't think we are at a disadvantage in any way, we just don't have an edge

Apr 17, 2013
It seems we signed some kid from Lyon: Hamza Rafia - AMC.

They say there's a kid also in Lyon primavera - Cherki, is a best talent France ever had, is that true @Raphaël
It was a saga but at just 15 years old he signed his first professional contract despite the advances of the real and Manchester.
It's the biggest next talent of Lyon academy with Gouiri et Caqueret.

The youngest goalscorer in the history of the youth league, at just 15 years old he is beating all precocity records ever set in French football, already a starter for Lyon's U19 last year.
He already has an adult physique for his age, an ambidextrous dribbler who makes something happen out of thin air every time he has the ball and whose technical skill and playstyle reminds of Neymar.

He joined the professional team during the preparation. For his first match he almost made an assist against serviette geneve.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
It was a saga but at just 15 years old he signed his first professional contract despite the advances of the real and Manchester.
Tks you. Now I can see why we are so nice to Lyon in the H.Rafia deal :baus:
But I can't believe that Cherki kid is 15, that mustache is at least 21 or more :hihi:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I can't believe there are complaints. The old juve would have got Godin on a free while others would have bought de Ligt. Now we are buying the right players and still people complain.

The market isn't over. We may lose cancelo...we may buy Icardi. But as of today no one should be complaining.

To be fair it's only one complaint, and by a certain individual.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

@Cronios

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

The youngest goalscorer in the history of the youth league, at just 15 years old he is beating all precocity records ever set in French football, already a starter for Lyon's U19 last year.
He already has an adult physique for his age, an ambidextrous dribbler who makes something happen out of thin air every time he has the ball and whose technical skill and playstyle reminds of Neymar.

He joined the professional team during the preparation. For his first match he almost made an assist against serviette geneve.

Damn you had me excited thinking it's the guy we signed but it's the other one Cherki still in Lyon lol.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
The only thing missing is a back up to Ramsey, when he gets injured. We need someone, who can connect the midfield and the attack besides Rambo. I think Zaniolo would be a good choice as a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)