Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (210 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leendiz

Feb 14, 2018
I totally agree we have hit panic mode this deal suits Milan in every way and makes us look weak and a bit pathetic to be fair. I'm sure this will make other clubs think twice about accepting our bids in the future they will just wait til we panic an over pay

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I totally agree we have hit panic mode this deal suits Milan in every way and makes us look weak and a bit pathetic to be fair. I'm sure this will make other clubs think twice about accepting our bids in the future they will just wait til we panic an over pay
Because it's what Beppe is known for eh?

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
We'll we do have a large amount of debt and have just bought Ronaldo at 110m with 60m gross wages. It would be crazy to ignore cash, as the poster was suggesting going and buying SMS at 120m.

Yes, the main reasons being:

- Any accounting profit suggested ignores the fact that in two or three years we need to sign another replacement for Bonucci. Most likely at more than the profit recognised on Caldara, so any gain negated. Not to mention the higher wages of Bonucci relative to Caldara.
- In all likelihood Caldara was a ready made replacement for Chiellini who will need to be replaced even sooner.
- Cash is king: We are delaying getting cash in for Higuain. Most of the profit in the article is due to the fact that a Higuain in one year in the accounts is significantly less than his value today. So if you sell in 1 year you recognise more of a profit. But you are foregoing the cash until then and have the risk Milan do not take the option.
- We already have a similar player in Benatia.
- I'm not convinced Bonucci is going to show the level of performances he did pre joining Milan, especially given that Buffon has gone and Barzagli will likely be a bit part player.
- We are completely overvaluing Bonucci. Who was desperate to join us and leave Milan, who is 31, who had a poor season, whose value is only going down, who joined Milan 1 year ago for the same price when a far better investment.
Spot on.

The most crazy thing would be loan + option for Higuain. Stakes are so high here that you simply have to go with obligation.

As for Caldara, he had a tremendous season, while Bonucci was a disaster. Why would we agree to simple exchange?

I think all of this reported in media were just expectations from Milan and that is why Beppe is saying we're not close to a done deal.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Umm, but if that finances article on the top of this page is correct, how were we "humiliated" in this deal?

Coming out with a 23 million euros net gain (if they don't buy Higgy) or a 41 million euros net gain (if they buy him, which they will) is being humiliated?

The way I see it, if those numbers are really true, then we can go get SMS right now for 120 million (as long as Lotito would agree to three installments). 40 million euros per season.

(And we'd sell the guy on after three years for 100+ million anyways).

Please explain how we got humiliated in the deal.
The very same articles values Higuain 55m because of amortisation. How about Bonucci’s amortisation? He’s valued same as last year even though one year older.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Spot on.

The most crazy thing would be loan + option for Higuain. Stakes are so high here that you simply have to go with obligation.

As for Caldara, he had a tremendous season, while Bonucci was a disaster. Why would we agree to simple exchange?
1. I believe the “option” is just for accounting reasons. Neither Juve or Higuain would agree to an actual option scenario.

2. Bonucci wasnt a disaster. He started slow but had a good season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 208)