Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
The big difference though is that Cancelo is a marked improvement over what we had last year at RB, whilst Caldara would be fighting for minutes behind even Rugani had he stayed.
Exactly. Cancelo is improvement on MDS anyone could be, even Sagna! So lets make something clear. Caldara is not a superstar coming from experience in international stage. Caldara played in Europa Leauge last year, so did Cencelo. Cancelo wasnt even called up for mighty Portugal.

While Bonucci and Caldara are about the same. I actually think Caldara is a better defender at least stats from last season show that.

Leendiz

Feb 14, 2018
And they all were like really expensive.
I never said he had over paid before I said in the future teams will make him over pay he has history of panic buying so if clubs were to ask for more than we offer what would we do not buy anyone ever and play barzagli when he's 54? Football may be a sport but buying and selling players is a world of business you show weakness like we are with this deal people will take advantage in the future it's a simple fact

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Both are young promising defenders, but difference is Rugani already had multiple chances to prove himself and isn't looking like the next WC CB.
Rugani looked perfect as 3rd choice CB in last two seasons and can only get better. Honestly, don't know what you guys are on about.

Caldara played in a perfect system under Gasperini, who has been getting the max out of his players. Remains to be seen how good he is exactly esp with a bigger team, and you're that sure about him as starter quality already or vehemently want to sell Rugani in the chance Caldara is that good? Neither makes sense.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Rugani looked perfect as 3rd choice CB in last two seasons and can only get better. Honestly, don't know what you guys are on about.

Caldara played in a perfect system under Gasperini, who has been getting the max out of his players. Remains to be seen how good he is exactly esp with a bigger team, and you're that sure about him as starter quality already or vehemently want to sell Rugani in the chance Caldara is that good? Neither makes sense.
I disagree about Rugani looking perfect, had some very shaky moments, especially when partnering Benatia.

Also, maybe we should hire that Gasperini guy, playing a perfect system and getting the best out of his players, sounds like a dream coach to me. I dont know if Caldara is starting quality as I didnt watch Atalanta much last season, but from what I've seen from Rugani over the past 4 years, I dont think the dude ever will be a starter for Juve, thats why I dont mind us selling him for big profit. Losing Caldara, who has gone from strength to strength since we signed him for 24m 1.5 years ago and reportedly is wanted across Europe seems like a worse option.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Why are we trying our absolute best to keep our defence as old as possible?

Oh I forgot that in Serie A you are too young if you are below the age of 26. No wonder Italy’s national team is so shit when a clueless mentality like this is so prevelant.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Chelsea are the real losers here. Sarri is going to hate Moratas disappearing acts and Giroud is a glorified Llorente.

Milan get a great young talent and a lethal finisher, despite some regression.

Juve get a guy who less than two years ago was one of the 5 best CBs in the world. He’s only 31, not old for a defender, so the drop last season probably had more to do with what he was surrounded by. He also finished the year pretty strong.

I do like how much more technical we are this year. Cancelo, Bonucci, Can, and of course Ronaldo are all upgrades in that area. And we still have one buy left..
You think we’ll go for a midfielder? Maybe a rotation player to replace Sturaru if we sell him? Because I don’t see us spending big anymore this summer.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Why are we trying our absolute best to keep our defence as old as possible?

Oh I forgot that in Serie A you are too young if you are below the age of 26. No wonder Italy’s national team is so $#@! when a clueless mentality like this is so prevelant.
Yeah because when I watch the national team, the defense is always what pops out as the area of weakness. Good take!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And they all were like really expensive.
Talks about panic buys, brings up two loans, and Rincon who we sold for more than we bought. :seven:

Matri also scored Coppa winning goal while on loan here.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree about Rugani looking perfect, had some very shaky moments, especially when partnering Benatia.

Also, maybe we should hire that Gasperini guy, playing a perfect system and getting the best out of his players, sounds like a dream coach to me. I dont know if Caldara is starting quality as I didnt watch Atalanta much last season, but from what I've seen from Rugani over the past 4 years, I dont think the dude ever will be a starter for Juve
This is why we have a record of 52 wins -3 losses - 4 draws when Rugani plays. Because he is very shaky and not good enough. :mut:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

Also, maybe we should hire that Gasperini guy, playing a perfect system and getting the best out of his players, sounds like a dream coach to me. I dont know if Caldara is starting quality as I didnt watch Atalanta much last season, but from what I've seen from Rugani over the past 4 years, I dont think the dude ever will be a starter for Juve
Perfect as 3rd choice. No team has a WC CB as 3rd choice. And he has clear future starter potential.

You prolly only remember his mistake vs Sassuolo, and that's the only thing you remember about him.

The Matuidi=Sturaro syndrome.

- - - Updated - - -

Talks about panic buys, brings up two loans, and Rincon who we sold for more than we bought. :seven:

Matri also scored Coppa winning goal while on loan here.

- - - Updated - - -

This is why we have a record of 52 wins -3 losses - 4 draws when Rugani plays. Because he is very shaky and not good enough. :mut:
Yeah, lol at "very shaky."

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Genoa have reached an agreement with Juventus for the transfer of Andrea Favilli on loan for €5m with obligation to buy at €7m. Juventus will have a buy-back clause at €16m. (Sky)

Leendiz

Feb 14, 2018
Yeah I'm sure you were delighted when we signed rincon instead of someone who deserves wear a juve shirt profit or loans has nothing to do with it the facts are facts we all know about the flops he has brought to the club so I don't really need to argue the point 👍

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Perfect as 3rd choice. No team has a WC CB as 3rd choice. And he has clear future starter potential.

You prolly only remember his mistake vs Sassuolo, and that's the only thing you remember about him.

The Matuidi=Sturaro syndrome.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, lol at "very shaky."
It's the infallible Pitbull eye test. Actual results be damned, he just looks very shaky. It's a feeling.
@Iceman

- - - Updated - - -

Genoa have reached an agreement with Juventus for the transfer of Andrea Favilli on loan for €5m with obligation to buy at €7m. Juventus will have a buy-back clause at €16m. (Sky)
Beppe raising cash like a boss. @Hustini :weee:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

dem pittance monies

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@Xperd

Have you also noticed that Beppe seems pretty good at getting good fees for our mediocre bench players and youngsters, but when it comes to selling starters, desirable youngsters, and old timers he often gets fleeced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)