Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I thought my point was obvious :D

Lets get serious. If Caldara was bought by Juve, we definitely saw potential. No need to downplay his quality, because, just like those here who keep praising him, we haven't watched the guy play. But the bare fact that we brought him here means that he's good.
Then again, the guys who are now replacing him with Bonucci are the same guys who brought him here for being good. If we trust their judgement that Caldara is good, why do we distrust them for thinking Bonucci is better?
:agree:

I'm mostly just messing around at this point. Enjoying all the tears.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Its strange that they have barely reinforced. Would they continue with Mertens as CF ? They would be playing in a completely new setup now. If there's one thing i'd like give credit to Sarri, its that he overachieved with his attacking players imo. Guys like Insigne , Mertens , Callejon etc all thrived under his style of football. Would be interesting to see how Carlo sets them up.
The only logical explanation for what ADL is doing is that he is disappointed in winning Serie A and is going after CL money. Otherwise getting rid of Sarri and hiring Ancelotti would be shooting yourself in the foot.

michel

Mar 25, 2010
Umm, but if that finances article on the top of this page is correct, how were we "humiliated" in this deal?
Ummm, you are mistaking BS and P&L. Sure our BS will look nice, due to the previously described values of our assets (players), but if any of you think that Juve will add 41m of profit to their bank account or P&L statement you are in for the hard reality. In this deal, correct me if I am wrong, we will be adding close to 0 to our P&L speaking in terms of profit. The only positive side that this deal will have on our P&L is that we will decrease our costs due to the fact that we will be getting rid of Higuain's and Caldara's salary and only add Bonucci's.

But yeah we will be creating a nice value on the BS, that I can agree. But trust me, this has nothing to do with the magic on Beppes's side, since the most of this will come out of the sale of Caldara. We can only thank them for buying him on ''cheap'' a few years ago and now selling him for 40m, which again has nothing to do with Beppe but with Caldara's performance over the past 2 years

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Ummm, you are mistaking BS and P&L. Sure our BS will look nice, due to the previously described values of our assets (players), but if any of you think that Juve will add 41m of profit to their bank account or P&L statement you are in for the hard reality. In this deal, correct me if I am wrong, we will be adding close to 0 to our P&L speaking in terms of profit. The only positive side that this deal will have on our P&L is that we will decrease our costs due to the fact that we will be getting rid of Higuain's and Caldara's salary and only add Bonucci's.

But yeah we will be creating a nice value on the BS, that I can agree.
What is PL?

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004

But yeah we will be creating a nice value on the BS, that I can agree.
Correction. The gain from sale of Caldara (whose book value is 11 million) would be recorded as revenue in the income statement, around 25-30 million.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Higuain has already agreed a four-year contract worth €6M/year with Milan. Milan have an agreement with Juventus. Higuain is asking for €4.5M as a severance payment from Juventus, which is not agreed on yet [TMW]

He is taking a pay cut ? :shifty:
That 4.5m is to cover his pay cut maybe?

michel

Mar 25, 2010
profit and loss statement

- - - Updated - - -

Correction. The gain from sale of Caldara (whose book value is 11 million) would be recorded as revenue in the income statement, around 25-30 million.
would be only recorded as a revenue, but it will not result in a profit at the end of the year since we are spending the revenue generated from his sale for the purchase of Bonucci. But this is only per my understanding since I am not a financial expert.

+ we won't be getting 40M this year anyway, since the payment will be spread over the several year, meaning that on the P&L we will only record 1/5 of the amount in case the deal will be spread over the 5 years.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
We were humiliated in the transfer involving Bonucci, Higuain and Caldara, it's quite simple. This was just a game of patience, and Beppe got scared and panicked.

Who got a better deal here, and let's be honest and objective. It's definitely Milan. They are getting rid of a player that is forcing his way out, had a shitty year and are getting more for him than what they paid for; how is this even possible. And not to mention they are getting Higuain on loan+option, in addition to Caldara who has a bright future ahead of him.

Let's look at it from Juve's perspective:
1. Why on earth would we want/need Bonucci back? The fucker forced his way out last year, caused a shitstorm during the halftime of the fucking CL final, thought he was bigger than the club, disrespected Allegri (who I value far higher than Bonucci, even before the latter went to Milan), celebrated in Juve stadium, etc.. Not the mention how shitty season Bonucci had. Seriously why are we even considering taking him back?
2. Caldara, I feel for this guy. We had him on loan for 1.5 years, held a press conference for him, started integrating him into the team, now we are basically forcing him out just to bring Bonucci back? (ok I know, that this also relates to Higuain).
3. I understand that we need to sell Higuain, but please don't tell me no club in the world would take Higuain on 18m loan with an option to buy, you have to be stupid to believe it.

Beppe also showed his character by forcing out the players that don't want to leave, and at the same time saying we only sell players who express their wish to leave. If I was in Caldara's place and I was being offered to other clubs and Beppe would be indicating that the club wants me gone, of course, I would also say that I want to leave, who the fuck wouldn't. So Beppe can go fuck himself with this statements.

We got played so hard in this deal, it's crazy. We had all the cards in our hands, but we panicked. If we really wanted to sign Bonucci, we had the player's strong will on our side, we had a player (Caldara) that was more than happy to stay with us, and we knew that we can afford to let Higuain go on 18m loan. All we needed to do is to be patient; come the end of August, some team might be getting shitty results, Morata might be playing badly, some star striker might get injured, teams panick at the end of the market,..., and here is the opportunity to sell Higuain. But no, we were more interested in fucking the whole thing up.

I am more than happy with what Beppe & co did this summer since the signings were just amazing, but this deal really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. We just look so retarded in this deal, we are even concluding negotiations at Milan's offices, ffs.

But what's done is done, I am just really worried about the average age of our CB department and about Bonucci coming back since if he doesn't start putting in WC performances starting matchday 1 he won't overcome this since fans will just turn against him even more than they would otherwise.
:tup:

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
LOL of course he isn't!:lol:
Why the hell would anyone want to play in a mediocre milan squad when you're in a Juve squad capable of winning the ucl this year? I know he wont get much playing time but he won't care; he's getting paid millions to sit on a bench at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)