Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (297 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Serious question: are Liverpool richer than us?
About the same but they are making some great movements in their while we do average ones on ours...
Next year they lose Can but get Fabinho and Keita which will make their midfield very strong - They could fight for EPL title next year IMO - Their main difficulty should be depth
If Man City do another year like this one Liverpool will finish second but if they do a normal season Liverpool can win the title after so many years IMO..

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The rumours are concentrated more, not on us buying Icardi, but Higuain potentially leaving.

- - - Updated - - -

According to Corsera, Juventus are seeking the help of a law firm to analyze the release clause included in Icardi's contract. Juventus want to understand whether the €110m release clause is fully valid only for foreign clubs between 1st & 20th July.

Corsera report that Juventus want to understand if there are any margins to avoid negotiating with Inter for their Captain, Mauro Icardi. Icardi and his representatives have agreed to discuss with Juventus over a potential move.

Furthermore, Corsera say that an exchange formula has emerged on the table.

The formula is Higuaín + €50m for Icardi.

In Milan, they're saying that the first party to bring this proposal up, were Juventus while in Turin they say it's the opposite.

Corsera say that neither Inter nor Icardi accepted Juve's crazy proposal. But the player is disappointed that Inter considered selling him to Juventus. Negotiations over extending his contract at Inter are on standby for the moment.

(Apparently this is reported by La Stampa's Max Nerozzi(reliable))

It seems we're genuinely interested, but not a chance we sit down for negotiations with Inter. That wont happen.

All in all, i think Inter will panic and give him a massive contract and that will be that.
Higuain is very clinical but his heaviness is taking its toll in Europe
Icardi is less clinical (despite scoring more goals this season) and Higuain is probably a better all around player but when trying to do things quickly Icardi is miles ahead as Higuain is on a serious decline..

I`d still hope we get someone else should we sell Higuain as:
1. I just dont like Icardi and Wanda is disgusting
2. This is a little bit exegerrated but he will probably wont celebrate if he scores against Inter.. - A Juve player must celebrate against Inter..

The current market means we have 2 choices if we are to sell Higuain:
1. Sign Icardi/Morata
2. Sign a different kind of player like Martial for example and play our forward line in a different manner (no strong and tall player)

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
:tuttosport:

Icardi Dybala attack :tuttosport:

Amazing. Another slow striker who barely touches the ball, who isn't technical, and who barely defends to combine with Dybala. Because what we want is even less touches for Dybala, him defending even more, dropping even deeper, and having a player who is even less likely to combine with him well.

I'm not calling Icardi shit. He's an amazing instinctive finisher, but why don't we go after someone that would make our star player look better rather than worse?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I like how people have conveniently forgotten that liverpool sold their best midfielder in the winter transfer window.....
I always said Coutinho is super overrated and I`ll continue to claim this until he does something extraordinary and I dont mean his tricks..
Liverpool did brilliantly in selling Coutinho as they got a good defender something they really lacked and lots of money on someone who should be worth 60M tops..
Another reason to say Liverpool are brilliant on the market

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing. Another slow striker who barely touches the ball, who isn't technical, and who barely defends to combine with Dybala. Because what we want is even less touches for Dybala, him defending even more, dropping even deeper, and having a player who is even less likely to combine with him well.

I'm not calling Icardi $#@!. He's an amazing instinctive finisher, but why don't we go after someone that would make our star player look better rather than worse?
Icardi slow?! Did I watch a different Icardi all these years?!
I mean he isnt D.Costa in terms of speed but he is definitely not slow..

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
oh just hypocrites :tuttosport: to liverpool , while constantly demeaning our management
First of all why is a Liverpool talk going on here ?

They sit in totally different circumstances and are just coming back off a CL final so obviously they have more money to buy players.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
oh just hypocrites :tuttosport: to liverpool , while constantly demeaning our management
That's not hypocritical at all; to praise Liverpool's transfers while being critical of Marotta. (fucken tribalism :inter:)

They replaced Coutinho with Fabinho and Keita, and they used the money to sign a much needed defender not a striker.

We on the other hand are yet to replace both Pogba and Vidal and we spent the Pogba money on Miss Piggy.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Looking at the faith of those 2 it's easy. One is banging in goals left and right, the other one is being benched here and there and said Abou Diaby was a better player than him. Of course that is not mentioning the latter's amazing career in advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 297)