Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Why aren't we interested in Andrea belotti if we're trying to get morata or martial to replace higuain? Young, wc potential and Italian.
WC potential for maybe one season, otherwise fairly mediocre + owned by Italian rival that hates us = massively overpaying for a player whom very well could end up another Italian dud.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
WC potential for maybe one season, otherwise fairly mediocre + owned by Italian rival that hates us = massively overpaying for a player whom very well could end up another Italian dud.
It's not like martial and morata are in any better category in the ways that you described about belotti :-/ so yeah, the point still stand.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It's not like martial and morata are in any better category in the ways that you described about belotti :-/ so yeah, the point still stand.
uh yea they are not owned by bitter mediocre Italian club that would rather go bankrupt than sell to juve so yea it is different. If you're gonna pay that premium it better be a sure bet.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
uh yea they are not owned by bitter mediocre Italian club that would rather go bankrupt than sell to juve so yea it is different. If you're gonna pay that premium it better be a sure bet.
And they are owned by clubs that can easily wait for better options than us, and actually can afford not to sell them so again not so different cases there.

For about 50 million euros, all of martial, morata and belotti are similar in risks.

With one exception, belotti is the one that actually a classic finisher.

Kovacic + belotti for 100+- million euros while selling scrubs and higuain for total similar amount would be an obvious amazing way to improve the team.

SMS + morata/martial cost sigbificantly more with marginal difference.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I am not interested in Morata but Martial is much less of a gamble than Belotti. Martial is prodigal talent entirely wasted by dumbass Mourinho. If it is true, then we NEED to jump on his availability like there is no tomorrow.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Juve, agreement with Udinese for the transfer of Mandrake: 20 million with right to rebuy by 24 mln
Cerri to genoa 15 mln
Don Marotta controls the world
This Mandragora operation seems fishy as fuck. In no world will Udinese pay 20M for a player (probably by far the most of their history), only to compromise to a right of recompra of merely 24M in 2 years. This is nearly impossible.

Honestly, Marotta is just doing all he can to artificially manufacture the balance books. This is a dangerous game he is playing there.

IMO this is nothing else than money loaning from Udinese. This will only make some sense from their point of view if Juve is actually obliged to purchase back for 24M in 2 years - regardless of the development of the player.

Make no mistake, this is a move for the books and to develop the player at the same time. Not a bad move per se. But come 2 years, the 24M will have to fly the other way around.

ladstone

Oct 31, 2011
This Mandragora operation seems fishy as $#@!. In no world will Udinese pay 20M for a player (probably by far the most of their history), only to compromise to a right of recompra of merely 24M in 2 years. This is nearly impossible.

Honestly, Marotta is just doing all he can to artificially manufacture the balance books. This is a dangerous game he is playing there.

IMO this is nothing else than money loaning from Udinese. This will only make some sense from their point of view if Juve is actually obliged to purchase back for 24M in 2 years - regardless of the development of the player.

Make no mistake, this is a move for the books and to develop the player at the same time. Not a bad move per se. But come 2 years, the 24M will have to fly the other way around.
Mandragora is actually a 20 yrs national team player. compared to we paid 7.5M for Favilli, 20M for mandragora is a reasonable price.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Mandragora is actually a 20 yrs national team player. compared to we paid 7.5M for Favilli, 20M for mandragora is a reasonable price.
This is not the point
No one questions Mandragora`s price - The whole thing together make it sound weird...
Why would a team buy a player for 20M and put a clause which says you can re-buy him for 24M - It is like they are taking a player to either fail or sell him for only 4M profit - This is unless... like the guy said its not an option but an obligation which actually means they are taking a player "on loan" for 2 years to help them and they get 4M as development fee which would make more sense..
On our part it would also make sense doing it as we get a talented player some experience and chance to develop as he cant get this here + It helps our finance (and also fair play) and allow us to increase our budget by 20M - It would be a smart move..

The 20M sale and then 24M re-buy option thing seems to benefit only Juve

- - - Updated - - -

cause he is $#@!. New borini/Destro. Immobile at best.
This is actually not true..
I mean it is possible Belotti just had a bad season as last year besides his goals you could see his talent - It was very clear to see
I dont think Belotti is worthy of Juve yet (might never be) but he is no Destro/Borini although he could be another Immobile who by the way isnt that bad..

- - - Updated - - -

I am not interested in Morata but Martial is much less of a gamble than Belotti. Martial is prodigal talent entirely wasted by dumbass Mourinho. If it is true, then we NEED to jump on his availability like there is no tomorrow.
My only worry about Martial is his finishing - He is a master dribbler and an amazing talent but his finishing lacks IMO - He isnt bad at it but he just isnt great at it.. Anyway I`d take him for up to 60M and call it a bargain
As for Morata - He actually got all the skills needed but he just isnt great at any of them.. He had experience with Real Juve and Chelsea and you would think he would improve (at least at finishing which is probably the most important thing for a striker) but he either not intersted in being the goal scorer type or he just cant improve it (I mean he isnt a player who will score 20+ goals a season - at least its not likely)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
This is not the point
No one questions Mandragora`s price - The whole thing together make it sound weird...
Why would a team buy a player for 20M and put a clause which says you can re-buy him for 24M - It is like they are taking a player to either fail or sell him for only 4M profit - This is unless... like the guy said its not an option but an obligation which actually means they are taking a player "on loan" for 2 years to help them and they get 4M as development fee which would make more sense..
On our part it would also make sense doing it as we get a talented player some experience and chance to develop as he cant get this here + It helps our finance (and also fair play) and allow us to increase our budget by 20M - It would be a smart move..

The 20M sale and then 24M re-buy option thing seems to benefit only Juve

- - - Updated - - -

This is actually not true..
I mean it is possible Belotti just had a bad season as last year besides his goals you could see his talent - It was very clear to see
I dont think Belotti is worthy of Juve yet (might never be) but he is no Destro/Borini although he could be another Immobile who by the way isnt that bad..

- - - Updated - - -

My only worry about Martial is his finishing - He is a master dribbler and an amazing talent but his finishing lacks IMO - He isnt bad at it but he just isnt great at it.. Anyway I`d take him for up to 60M and call it a bargain
As for Morata - He actually got all the skills needed but he just isnt great at any of them.. He had experience with Real Juve and Chelsea and you would think he would improve (at least at finishing which is probably the most important thing for a striker) but he either not intersted in being the goal scorer type or he just cant improve it (I mean he isnt a player who will score 20+ goals a season - at least its not likely)
Possible but honestly I dont see that talent you see. I see a player with some good poaching intuitions and finishing but very very raw. Immobile is big fish in small pond. Couldnt make it in BVB and ATM when Batshuayi and semi-retired torres could. Belotti strikes me as the same. If he can become a regular serie A high scoring player like Immobile I'd consider it an achievement.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
This Mandragora operation seems fishy as $#@!. In no world will Udinese pay 20M for a player (probably by far the most of their history), only to compromise to a right of recompra of merely 24M in 2 years. This is nearly impossible.

Isn’t this effectively what Real did with Morata?

It’s not fishy, it’s effectively a loan that pays the developing team. There’s an incentive there for Udinese to develop him win-win

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Isn’t this effectively what Real did with Morata?

It’s not fishy, it’s effectively a loan that pays the developing team. There’s an incentive there for Udinese to develop him win-win
exactly we got paid 10m for keeping and playing Morata 2 years.
Udinese will get paid 4m for playing Mandragora 2 years

Apr 29, 2006
exactly we got paid 10m for keeping and playing Morata 2 years.
Udinese will get paid 4m for playing Mandragora 2 years
Not only that - if for any reason we miss our buy-back, they can make significantly more. Not to mention most of his wages would have been pre-paid in bonuses, so his next contract is probably Udinese-level for a player who might be a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)